Food / Drink, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

Natural Juices!
  • Ines_'s Profile Photo

La Boqueria

by Ines_ Written Jan 5, 2012

Natural Juices!

La Boqueria is Barcelona's most famous market. There you can find any kind of fresh food and many, many sweets.

They have the most amazing natural fruit juices and they are quite low priced.

There you can also find lunch. There are Tapas and traditional Spanish dishes or even Italian (or other countries) food.

It's a great place to visit and absorb the Catalonian culture.

It's localized on the Ramblas and it's closed on Sundays

• Go on a food tour

by s.metterfield Updated Oct 27, 2010

My parents gifted us with a food tour on our first night in Barcelona with a company called The Barcelona Taste. It was awesome! They took us around the Gothic neighborhood and we ate and drank in 4 different restaurants and little shops, had some great Spanish cheese and tapas and more tapas from the Basque area of Spain and some killer desserts. It was a great gift! Highly recommend!

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Drink wine in a special wine bar.

by Dizzyhead Updated Aug 20, 2010

When you visit a special wine bar. Enjoy it when they have good educated stuff who knows about the product of wine. The meaning is NOT to get drunk, just to enjoy this good delicious thing God gave us. The wine!

• Wine Tasting

• jhoolko's Profile Photo

c/ Verdi, Great Place to Start the Night

by jhoolko Written Mar 2, 2007

Instead of going back to the regular areas around Las Ramblas and the Barri Gotic, head into Gracia for a change. On c/ Verdi (metro Fontana) and the surrounding streets, you will get a very different vibe than the more central parts of the city, with a slew of restaraunts and theaters to choose from. Many of the films are shown in their Original Version (VO) with Castellano or Catalan subtitles. If you have a craving for Mexican food, restaraunts abound here, at least three of them serving Mexican fare (though I can't make any promises about authenticity!) You have a ton of choices, from Egyptian, to Lebanese, to typical Catalan, and it's very lively without the tourist factor that many of Barcelona's other happening areas seem to possess. I would highly recommend it for a night out with a loved one. Its a great place to meander down the smaller side-streets on a quiet walk and happening upon a small restaraunt or pleasant placa.

• Study Abroad
    • Theater Travel

• Malecka's Profile Photo

Chocolate caliente en "La NENA"

by Malecka Written May 15, 2006
    Ali enjoying chocolate con churros

Tasty, very, very, very tasty... thick, but not too thick.. sweet, but not too sweet... rich, so rich... mmmm...
    One of the best cups of hot chocolate I have had. The sweets and cookies and cakes they offer are also very tasty.
    :-)

• racheljapi's Profile Photo

champaneria

by racheljapi Written Dec 6, 2004

Nothing better after the beach

Located near the beach in Barcelona, the Champaneria is always packed during warm weather. Come into this place, buy a tapa and then purchase a bottle of champaign for 4.5 euros. It's in Barceloneta. You will have to ask around for directions, but trust me, it's worth it!

• kazander's Profile Photo

Absinth Bar in El Raval

by kazander Updated Mar 12, 2004

the green fairy

The Bar Marsella, a really cool little place, a little hard to find (we almost missed the door, it blends in!) It has a wonderful atmosphere and feels like it hardly changed a bit since it opened in 1820. It was my first time having absinth! but definately not the last;)

If you haven't ever had absinth before, there is a little ritual that goes with it. The bartender will bring you a few things, a glass with absinth in it, a "spoon" of sorts, (looks almost like a shrimp fork in this particular place), a sugar cube and a bottle of mineral water. You take the spoon lay it on your glass, place the sugar cube atop and slowly pour water over the top of the cube so it dissolves in the absinth, (There is another way that calls for pouring the absinthe on the cube then lighting the cube on fire...but I wouldn't recommend it in the bar) It tastes very licorice like... Enjoy!

Carrer de Sant Pau 65

• lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

Lovely Ambience and Divine Desserts

by lilbunnygirl Updated Feb 10, 2004

Outside El Trull

Our last night in Spain, we had a romantic dinner at El Trull, high on the mountain road between Tossa and Lloret. It has an intimate garden setting, excellent service, and award winning fresh seafood.

Our entres were not quite what we expected, but I think that is more to do with us being Americans and having different ideas about how to expect our seafood prepared and served.

The desserts were heavenly!

• lolitajane's Profile Photo

Hard Pepe's Bar

by lolitajane Updated Sep 11, 2002

This is a story I wanted to share with all of you...After the Pearl Jam's concert, my boyfriend, some friends & I wanted to have some drinks. Looking for an open bar we came across 'Pepe Bar', far from the city centre but don't remember where exactly (I know it's near La Zeleste (very well-known in Bcna.) Well, this bar was very small & there were very few people, but what catched my attention was that all the walls were covered with pictures, guitars & memorabilia from the best Rock N'Roll bands (Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Doors, Kiss, Creedence, Led Zeppelin, Dylan, etc..) I was terribly surprised & very excited, as there were in front of me, hanging on a wall, some of the Golden Discs the Rolling Stones were given at the beginning of their career.
    But as I couldn't believe my eyes, I got close to every picture, guitar, signature and whatever there was, to find out at last that they were all fakes. You may wander what made me realize everything was a copy, well firstly, let's say that when time goes by white sheets turn yellow (there was a sheet of paper signed by Jim Morrison) and all the ones there were heavenly white!, and secondly, Hard Rock Cafe wouldn't let a small & suburban bar to have such a collection!
    I have a very fond memory of that place!
    Unfortunately I spent all my film at the concert, if not there would have been pics..

• mmp's Profile Photo

Covered local markets (Mercat...

by mmp Updated Aug 25, 2002

Covered local markets (Mercat de Sant Antoni, Mercat Boqueria,...) are a must. There you can see all kinds of fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, spices, etc. You can have a glass of local wine, beer, espresso, a quick meal and a chat with local people.

• emuffet's Profile Photo

To market.. to market

by emuffet Written Aug 4, 2004

We got a-wandering around the streets of La Ramblas..and found this market. I just love it. The display of fruits and foodstuff is really interesting.. This must be the nicest market I've been to.

Instant Answers: Barcelona