Agua Restaurant, Barcelona

Beach near Aqua
    by eurotravels
  • Agua: Anchovies, ambience and view very nice

by Xdeclcs Written Jun 27, 2009

Great view of the beach, lovely ambience, it was my 40th and felt very special, good service too!

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the anchovies to start, nicest I've tried, I then had the tuna with guacolmole which although very fresh and nicely cooked got abit sickly towards the end.... husband had patatas bravas, lovely and crayfish, lovely too, all washed down with a very nice bottle of cava ....

• Agua, barceloneta: Don't believe the write-ups

by ngraham Updated Oct 11, 2008

Food 6/10
    Wine list 4/10
    Service 4/10
    Ambiance 7/10

I don't know where the people who have rated this restaurant have actually eaten, but I know for sure that they have never been to a restaurant that genuinely rates 9/10 for food and service.

The menu is all over the place, as are the staff.

My guests and I are all very well traveled and we have eaten all over the world. Trust me, don't bother with this place. Find a genuine local place and soak up some real atmosphere.

Very disappointed.

Favorite Dish: None

• kanjon's Profile Photo

Agua: Agh Agua!

by kanjon Updated Mar 11, 2008

To start with the sunny side up: The location is great. On the beach. To eat fish by the sea where it has been swimming is the best! I think this place might be better for an outdoor lunch; a little lighter and sunnier and maybe less pretentious.

On the other side: Poor yet posh and tastelessly overdone interior. No soul. Smirky, slow service. Sad tuna with guacamole. Tuna is a sexy fish but here it arrived to the table in a very sallow and grey condition all through. Though over-done, the meat was cold and with a taste of fresh blood and grease (it even out-conquerred the garlic in the guaca!). Never again. My company had a pasta dish with some kind of seafood. A small ball of linguine and garlic with sparse beige visitors from what must have been the bottom of the sea. Nothing wrong with the wine though. Should have kept to it.

Maybe we went on a bad evening. It can happen to any restaurant. But yet, I will not try it again.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Agua: Indulging yourself by the sea

by Belsaita Updated Mar 7, 2006

a table by the seaside

Yesterday I went to Agua restaurant for the 4 o 5th time... as usual, I was not disappointed. The day was warm, although not sunny and having lunch at the terrace, just by the seaside, was a real pleasure. The food was excellent, as well the service. As they were very busy and we should wait a little for our order, they gave us an appetizer for free.

The staff speaks good English. In fact our waiter kept speaking English to my Swiss friend, even he's fluent in Spanish! :-)

You should reserve in advance if you want to guarantee a terrace table in the evenings and weekends. You can book it by phone or email (48 in advance for email requests).

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish there is "Colita de rape al estilo Santurce" (monkfish with tomato and garlic sauce, basque-style).

IMO, the best dessert is "Fresitas gratinadas a la pimienta" (little wild strawberries with custard, grilled with a touch of pepper, very original............ mmmmm, delicious)

You can have a daily menu for 15 euros at lunchtime (weekdays)

• Business Travel

• eurotravels's Profile Photo

Aqua: Aqua

by eurotravels Updated Jul 24, 2005

Beach near Aqua

You can eat lunch outside by the beach even in winter. We were there in January and customers were queuing for tables in the sun. There is something very relaxing about dining with the sound of the waves in the background and we enjoyed the addition of a busker playing the saxophone.

Favorite Dish: The Langoustines were wonderful and arrived with implements to eat them with that looked like they should be in a medieval dentist’s surgery. I loved the rocket (rugula?) salad, which was massive and served with a good dressing and parmesan – but then I am biased as rocket is one of my most favourite things.
    We visited again in July. We were lucky and got the last table that had not been prebooked and it is clear that it is essential to contact them in advance. They turned away dozens of people.
    The fish was excellent again but my husband's roast beef dish was very small and seemed poor value compared with everything else.

• morganna's Profile Photo

Agua Restaurant: Mediterranean lunch

by morganna Written Jul 14, 2005

This is one of those "design restaurant", with a nice ambient, cool decor and so on. Really nice location, also, since it is just next to the beach, you canstay inside the restaurant or get out the terrace listening the waves.
    Ep! always better if you book before, since it is very popular.

Favorite Dish: The food is ok, but not espectacular in my oppinion. You pay for the title of the place, the design, and the fashion, and it is really nice! but don't expect a super high level cuisine.

• normmm's Profile Photo

VOLPAIA: Don't Miss The Best Mozarella I've Tasted!!

by normmm Updated Jul 28, 2004

I have been twice in this restaurant opened last Spring and I'm already surprised. The owner is from Italy, from a village in Toscana, Volpaia. The local is nice, and the food is not generous but it's "super". I've tasted fresh pasta, mozzarella salad, erverything excellent cooked. You can eat three dishes and wine for 20-25 €.
    What I would like to mention is wine's price. The cellar is great. You can find the best Rioja, Ribera del Duero, Albariño, etc at more or less the same price as a shop. I paid 12 € for a bottle of "Pesquera".
    I hope you enjoyed it!!
    Address:

Favorite Dish: Mozzarella with Avocado
    Vieiras with Funghi

• tonih's Profile Photo

'AGUA'

by tonih Written Aug 24, 2002

'AGUA'
    The restaurant is located in front of the sea and you can see it while you are eating. If you go in a sunny day is fantastic and by the night too. This atmosphear can be very romantic.

Favorite Dish: You can eat mediterranian meal like fish, meat or salad. Very well cooked.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Agua Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars