Bar Kasparo, Barcelona

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Bar Kasparo - Barcelona: Well worth it at least just for a beer

by aussirose Updated Jan 21, 2012

aussirose visits Bar Kasparo Barcelona

Favorite Dish: Check out the link below. If this doesn't entice you....then don't bother reading on.

We found this little cafe walking the back streets behind the Ramblas on our way to our hotel.

We only had a beer here but from the buzz of activity and the tell tale signs of the local students who obviously know the best place to hang out..... we could only guess that Bar Kasparo is one of the secret local gems that is fast becoming well known as a great place to eat, drink and be seen!

And if the link below is anything to go by...then the next time we visit Barcelona I will be making a beeline to Bar Kasparo for a meal this time as well as a cheap beer!! :o)

I had my favourite beer here, Corona....only it was called Coronita.... Spanish version??....?

• Beer Tasting

• monkeyfeesh's Profile Photo

Bar Kasparo: Kasparo - perfect lunch bar

by monkeyfeesh Updated Jun 10, 2007

Kasparo by night

Kasparo is one of my favourites for the quality of the food and the pleasant atmosphere. The square (Plaça Vicenç Martorell) is quite small and quiet, set back from the busier street Carrer de Bonsuccés/Carrer d'Elisabets. It's got some nice lawns, with a few trees and a play area for children.

The bar is quite small; the majority of the seating is outdoors, mostly under arches which line much of the square. It's very relaxed and informal. It's a pretty popular place, and in the evening it can be hard to get a seat. The main menu changes daily - check the board by the door. They also do a range of bocadillos and a few tapas. The food is delicious, the ingredients fresh. As I remember most of the menu is suitable for vegetarians, with things like hummus and pitta bread or linguini with fresh tomatoes; there are also a couple of meat dishes for carnivores like myself. Prices for these dishes run up to around 8 euros, with the meat dishes being most expensive. For a growing (outwards) lad like me the portions weren't quite big enough to fill me up completely, but it did give me an excuse to go get a tapa later on in the evening ;) That's only a minor gripe though - they were certainly enough to be going on with and worth every penny. And they also do good coffee and cakes. The staff are generally friendly, although on one visit the waitress was comically miserable.

It closes for the whole of January.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Bar Kasparo
4.0 out of 5 stars