Café de l'Acadèmia, Barcelona

by QuimG
  • monaco05's Profile Photo

Café de l'Acadèmia: Great Place for A Romantic Meal

by monaco05 Written Nov 16, 2005

My friend and I were actually looking for another restaurant recommended by the Lonely Planet when we chanced upon this restaurant. It looked like nice place, and we felt like splurging a bit on a meal so we decided to try it out.

We were there pretty early - around 8 plus, and probably because it was a Wednesday night - we didn't need reservations or even have to wait for a table. And, we managed to get seated outside - the ambience is so much nicer than inside the restaurant. Candle-lit tables, old buildings surrounding us. Definitely made me want to come back here with that special someone.

The waiter that served us was friendly, helpful and spoke pretty good English - oh, and he was not bad looking too :) I had the rack of lamb (13 euros), a glass of wine, and shared the dessert platter for two (4 euros) with my friend. My share came up to about 20 euros.

Favorite Dish: The rack of lamb was really good. Definitely also get the dessert platter for 2 - you get to try a small portion of a few of their desserts - heavenly! The food and the ambience were well worth the price.

• Café de l'Acadèmia: Great atmosphere and the food is to die for!

by dawn67 Written May 27, 2004

Firstly - book ahead.
    This restaurant is very popular and once you're in there it's easy to see why.
    The food and service are excellent.
    The atmosphere is really great and all of the staff are so friendly and helpful.

It cost us £56 for a three course dinner for two with wine, after dinner liquer and coffee.

Favorite Dish: The duck and lamb dishes of the day we had were lovely.

• QuimG's Profile Photo

Café de l'Acadèmia: Café de l'Acadèmia

by QuimG Written Sep 1, 2002

Stone walls, classical music, and an excellent cuisine.
    It's frequented by politicians from the nearby Generalitat.
    Reservations required.