Citrus, Barcelona

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

Passeig de Gracia, 44

Citrus Restaurant on Passeig de Gràcia.
    by seamandrew
  • MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

Citrus: Elegance and choice

by MaheshSamtani Updated Jun 25, 2007

The elegant interiors of Citrus

While on a recent trip to Barcelopna an associate took me to Citrus, centrally situated at Paseo de Gracia. It is an elegant 2 floor restaurant and pretty crowded for lunches. It would be better to reserve to assure a table. The atmosphere was simply great, good music, elegant table dressings, good service. In spite of being full I did not have the sensation of having a lot of people around me. We choose from a very ample menu and the cost was around 15 Euros. The dishes were tasty and filling.

• Wine Tasting

• Citrus: excellent food, great service, friendly

by jaxfraser Written Nov 14, 2006

A very friendly restaurant, with great service.
    They catered successfully for a group of 11 - many restaurants fail.
    We were a mixed group, with different tastes, and were all happy with our food.
    They were excellent with children.
    The local Girona wine they recommended was delicious and cheap.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Citrus: Highly Recommended!

by seamandrew Updated Jun 12, 2004

Citrus Restaurant on Passeig de Gr��cia.

The Citrus Restaurant offers the diner marvelous food along with lots of extras. The service was friendly, professional, and knowledgable and the food was mouth-watering. We all had different dishes and we all loved our meals. The restaurant also offers an excellent view of Passeig de Gràcia, a menu in 4-5 languages, and incredibly delicious desserts!

The only unfortunate experience was that we were seated next to 4 smokers who produced more smoke in one hour than all the industries in the United States would in a month. It really dampened our experience and unfortunately, the restaurant was packed. They could not move us. I wish European smokers would come to realize how disgusting it is for some people to eat their food with cigarette smoke all around. They seem to have this attitude that it's their right to smoke and not our right to eat without smoke. If we don't like it, we should leave not them. Sigh.... I don't blame the restaurant, because this is our experience all over Europe. Hopefully one day they'll smarten up. Perhaps the restaurants can work on better ventilation? I don't know!!!!

Favorite Dish: All were excellent, this is what we had...

Vegetables with Idiaz cheese sauce
    Braised Chicken with teriyaki noodles
    can't remember my mother-in-law's dish :(

Desserts:
    Rolled pineapple with marscapone
    Forest Berries, Ice-cream, and orange soup
    Dark chocolate mousse with lemon sauce

• mrpips's Profile Photo

Citrus: Great Value on Gracia

by mrpips Written Sep 1, 2003

Passeig de Gracia

We found this jewel of a restaurant by accident: a brochure was given us at another restaurant, apparently owned by the same people. It is located on Passeig de Gracia, 44 but one flight up. Located on busy Gracia but quiet inside, it has great views of the streetpeople bustling by. The food is international and service is impeccable. It looks fancy and expensive, but far from it. My wife and I had a bottle of Cava champagne, two salads, two entrees, two desserts and capuccionos for 52 euros, before tip. Fabulous find!

Favorite Dish: Grilled Salmon had a tarragon sauce that was incredible. Try the sirloin steak as well. The Valiformosa cava mentioned on the list is the best.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Citrus: Citrus

by marktynernyc Written Sep 21, 2002

Great view of the Passeig de Gracia.

Favorite Dish: Pleasent lunch - I remember having a bottle of cava (by myself) and the dessert being savory - in between is a bit fuzzy. Stop here for lunch after shopping along the Passeig de Gracia or just visiting Casa Mila.

Instant Answers: Barcelona