El Mussol, Barcelona

2.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Avinguda Diagonal 488, 08006 Barcelona +34.93.416.1553

• suzwa's Profile Photo

El Mussol: Great for grills!

by suzwa Updated Apr 4, 2011

El Mussol attracts all kinds of people - when I went there last, there were familes (young and old, large and small), couples, business colleagues and friends. It looked like a lot of people stopped there after hitting the shops on Pg de Gracia!

I think that there are quite a few things that make it attractive to so many people... the food (great quality, and you can see it being cooked), the ambience (welcoming, professional staff, in a lovely dining environment, but it still feels like a proper restaurant and not a cafe or bar), the prices (excellent value), and the fact that El Mussol is so big that you will always get a table without much of a wait, if any.

Favorite Dish: If they offer you bread, take it!!! The bread here is nice anyway, but they serve it with 2 little pots or garlicky gorgeousness - one is definitely ali-oli (kind of garlic mayo), but there is also a fluorescent green oil which is intensely flavoured with herbs and garlic. I love it so much I could go to El Mussol and just eat plate after plate of that!

If you are really hungry, have the canelones starter - it's big! And really tasty too... I should have stopped to make way for my main course but it was so good, I couldn't bear to leave any... I was stuffed after it. The granny's cake (kind of a potato bake) is good too. There was something on the starters menu (the second time we went) and we couldn't work out what it was so decided to try it anyway. It wasn't great - ok but not much flavour and a bit small - but to be honest I can't remember what it was called. So i guess my tip is to order things you know you like!

My friend's mixed grill was great - a lovely variety of meats, and cooked to perfection. He told me that the rabbit on it was so good he wanted to kill and eat his mum's pet bunny when we got home! (don't worry, he didn't!) I had steak, which was equally good, but thankfully didn't make me want to come home and kill a cow!

• El Mussol: Don't bother with a main course

by vauxhallmanor Written May 24, 2010

On taking advise on sites tried this restaurant, should of remembered as so often turns out the starter of grandma's pie was very good then the main arrived, we looked at each other and almost laughed as here we are again with the Spanish way of ruining lamb. After travelling to Spain for many years it has now become obvious " STICK TO TAPAS " or have a couple of starters, by the way in most places now starters are almost the same price as a main, around 8-10 euro!!!

• El Mussol: Don't eat there!

by dmichela Written Apr 9, 2008

DON'T EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT! Visited El Mussol on Mar 17th with a group of 10 Canadian students. Found hair on food--not once but twice--in same meal. Manager arrogant and refused to offer reasonable resolution. Wrote complaint letter to Head Office and have not received courtesy of a reply.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near El Mussol
4.5 out of 5 stars