Farggi, Barcelona

FARGGI: Good food, Good drinks, Good service

by balhannah Updated Jun 3, 2011

yummy food

Favorite Dish: Farggi....
    My husband and I were looking for somewhere for a rest and for some morning tea. We happened to come across this shop several times around Barcelona.
    We had freshly squeezed Orange Juice and a Coffee the 1st time. As we had enjoyed it, when we saw another "Farggi," we just had to stop for some Coffee & Cake. They sell a huge choice of Coffee's, and a mouth watering selection of Ice cream sundaes.
    These shops seem well known as they were very busy. On what we had to eat and drink, I can see why.
    One was located by the Sagrada Familia church, and the other in Passeig de Gracia.

• stiab3's Profile Photo

Farggi: Icecream yum yum

by stiab3 Updated Apr 4, 2011

icecream

There are quite a few of these in Barcelona. I visited the ones in Passeig de Gracia and Placa de Catalunya.

I'm not a big icecream fan but I was impressed with their selection.

They do a wide variety of icecreams, have an extensive menu and they offer some highly creative combinations.

You can also get tubs of icecream for taking away.

Favorite Dish: I opted for a sorbet selection which had 3 types - lemon, mango and berry . . . served with cream and fruits and nuts.

Delicious!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Farggi Café

by Gili_S Written Jan 28, 2011

Farggi Café are those of the modern style and self service coffee shops ala local Starbucks ;-)
    I notice few around the city and only once I tried them, I admit, it was not very good and I rather have my coffee in one of the classic coffee shops. So maybe those are only to use as coffee to go, otherwise do not expect much of them.

• ritashor's Profile Photo

Farggi: Nice place for gelato

by ritashor Updated Aug 11, 2010

There are saveral locations, we were a the one on Placa Catalunya. It's a self service place that specializes in ice-cream. My husband ate there ice cream several times and said it was good and we both had there caffee Late and it was Very good given that we had a hard time finding a place with good coffee.

• adema29's Profile Photo

Farggi: A delicious hot chocolate!

by adema29 Updated Jan 27, 2010

We didn't know about "Farggi" before going to Barcelona, so we discovered it by chance. After the first time, we "visited it another two times ... in 4 days:) Only for their delicious hot chocolate! We loved it!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Fargii café: just in front of your yacht

by mindcrime Written Mar 29, 2009

Fargii cafe at Olympic Port

This is one of the cafes we found along the promenade when we visited the Port Olympic. It’s nice to stay outside (pic 2) but I was surprised it was self service and the staff wasn’t so polite (they never smile). Actually this is a chain of pastry/ice creams all over Spain. I didn’t try the ice cream because I found it overprised.

The cappuccino here costs 2.85 (much more expensive than in the city) but you can also choose something from their menu to eat (the offer is Monday-Friday 12.00-17.00) :
    Menu with salad+sandwich+drink for 7.40, or sandwich(bocadillo)+drink for 4,90e, Most of the salads cost 4,90-5,40 so we choosed the menu that includes a beer anyway (pic 1).

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Farggi: There must be better places around...

by rsilva Updated Jan 31, 2005

Strolling around the Passeig de Gracia, we felt tired and decided to sit down and have a refreshment.
    We just passed in front of this place and saw some nice-looking crepes covered in melted chocolate and decided to give it a try.

We ordered a crepe, a "Hot&Ice" (warm melted chocolate with a scoop of ice cream) a juice and two waters.

They only had two kinds of juice: Orange or Peach, but this seems to be the case in other places too.

The crepe was OK, not great, the Hot&Ice was not made with dark chocolate as stated in the menu. We were served two glasses of tap water, which is fine as I always drink it at home and it seemed perfectly safe to drink it in Barcelona as well.

The annoying part came when I asked for some more water. Eating chocolate makes you thirsty and since they did not have any juice that I liked, I asked for some more water. The waiter told a colleague to serve us some more water but made a quite rude gesture (and sound) indicating that it was tap water - as if saying that we were cheap tourists that did not want to pay for water. The look on his face helped to confirm this feeling.
    Even if this had been the case, you cannot treat customers like that. I had actually asked for water so I expected it to be bottled, as that is usually the case if you don't specifically ask for tap water.

In the end, when I went to pay, the bill was 9.60 and I gave him a 20 Eur bill. He returned 10 and waited for a while expecting me to tell him to keep the change. In those circumstances, I would not have left 1 cent.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Farggi ice-cream stands: Another choice for Ice Cream

by seamandrew Written Jun 20, 2004

Farggi ice-cream stand.

All around Barcelona, you'll run into several shops selling Farggi ice-cream. I strongly recommend trying some. It's delicious!

Favorite Dish: Try the flavor that's sort of a blend of caramel, cinnamon, and cream. I forget the name, but it starts with an 'M'!

Instant Answers: Barcelona