Hard Rock Cafe, Barcelona

by Xeriss
    Hard Rock Cafe
    by littlesam1
  • Xeriss's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Best Meal ever!

by Xeriss Written Sep 25, 2011

Out of all the restaurants that we've tried in Barcelona, the best one was definitely the Hard Rock Cafe. The prices were slightly on the higher side compared to the Hard Rock Cafe prices that we're used to in Malta, however, it was the best meal we had all week and totally worth it.

The staff could understand and speak in English and they took very good care of us. They were friendly, helpful and efficient. Great ambiance.

I definitely recommend this restaurant!

Favorite Dish: Mushroom & Swiss Burger

• Business Travel

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona: I never eat the Hard Rock Cafe...but

by littlesam1 Written Sep 17, 2009

Hard Rock Cafe

Its true. I never eat at the Hard Rock Cafe. Why would I eat mass produced American style food while traveling in Europe where I can enjoy unique and fresh food from local restaurants. But I do always visit the Hard Rock Cafe if the city I am visiting has one. Why? Tee shirts! I collect their tee shirts. I have two dresser drawers full of HRC tee shirts. And I bought one more in Barcelona.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Café

by MalenaN Written May 5, 2008

At Hard Rock Cafe, Barcelona

Do you want to eat with other tourists this is the place. It seemed that everyone at Hard Rock Café were tourists. I came here because I wanted to have a big hamburger with French fries. Unfortunately I had it without the extra order of cheese and bacon so it was a bit dry.
    The interior is typical for a Hard Rock café and on the walls you can see Keith Richard’s snakeskin jacket and guitar, a red guitar that has belonged to Joe Perry (Aerosmith) and items from Kiss, Elton John, Six Pistols and many more. In the roof over the bar is a car hanging. There is also loud music with videos playing.
    The hamburger with French fries and a beer was 12.80 Euros (February 2008).

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Aaaaah... American Dining in Spain!

by Jetgirly Updated Jun 3, 2006

The Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona is a busy, loud, fast-paced restaurant serving American favorites to tourists from all over the world. Enter and be given a beeper, it will light up, ring and vibrate when your table is ready. Expect a wait from five to fifty minutes.

Once seated, choose from the vast selection of overpriced cocktails in overpriced souvenir glasses, and scan the menu for all your favorites from back home! As a Canadian ex-pat living in Northern Italy I couldn't get enough of this home-style food, and ate here twice on my recent trip.

I ordered the chicken fajitas both times and they were excellent. Soft, warm flour tortillas, lightly seasoned chicken breast, fried peppers and onions were served with accompanying sour cream, guacamole, grated cheese and salsa. Just the kind of thing I can't find in Italy. Others ordered barbeque bacon cheeseburgers and nachos, and everything was satisfactory.

Favorite Dish: Chicken fajitas!

• Hard Rock Cafe: Cliche, I know!!

by warp_d Written Jan 26, 2006

We had our best meal here!!!! All the other places we ate in served us chips with whatever we had...probably coz we're english haha! It did take ages to be seated, but just stand at the bar and drink and the time will fly by. Service was friendly, food was usual fare...but at least we got what we ordered!!

• Hard Rock Cafe: Place to Watch American Sports, that's about it

by vivaBarca Written Jun 25, 2005
    Los Gringos watching the Superbowl

I know, I know...I really shouldn't be advocating for a cookie-cutter American restaurant in this section...so I hope nobody gets too offended. Obviously, we all know what the HRC is all about. The thing is, I'm recommending for the reason that it is one of the only places you can find American sports to watch. To get watch the superbowl in '04, you had to wait in line for 1 hour just to get a TICKET. The place was wall-to-wall until 6 am! I had class at 7 am right across the street! Anyway, it is a small slice of home, if you are missing certain elements of American culture...

Favorite Dish: The nachos are very good. Never tried the burgers though. Being on Plaza Catalunya and obviously catering to a certain, non-local, clientele, this place is way overpriced. They do have Budweiser on tap though, a very rare find in Barcelona.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Great place at Plaza Catalunya!

by Hosell Updated Jun 30, 2004

First of all,I have to tell you that I never have been here having a meal,just a drink,I tried once the Hard Rock Cafe in London and I enjoyed very much,so I decided to place this restaurant here.This one at Barcelona is located at Plaza de Catalunya one of most tourist places in the city.

• Hard Rock Cafe: Brilliant atmosphere, if not at all Spanish!

by firethorn Written Feb 25, 2004

Ok, so it isn't really representative of Barcelona but it is still worth going to. the atmosphere is gerat, with many people going simply for a few drinks. The place is very busy so expect a 30min wait at weekends. The food is excellent, and although the tables are crammed in the music is so loud you can't here anyone apart from your table anyway so it works really well. Good value for money as well, and the portions are huge!!

Favorite Dish: I had the fahijta's which were gorgous, and my boyfriend had the cheese and chicken pasta whcih was wonderful as well. The nacho's are stunning, but one plate will be enough for four!

• Music

• Webboy's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock n Roll has invaded Spain!

by Webboy Written Jan 4, 2004

Its expensive compared to McDonalds.....but its much more appealing!

Not only is there Rock n Roll Memorabilia hanging on all the walls, there is also a full sized car hanging over the bar!

The food is excellent and the service was first class.

They have a shop within the diner which sells everything from badges to jumpers.....but be warned......everything for sale is far to expensive!

Favorite Dish: Seeing as it is an American Style diner i had to go for the Burger and Chips....and they did not disappoint. Man that burger had to be about an inch thick! Lovely!

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: For the wimps

by seamandrew Updated Nov 23, 2003

The Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona

For those of you traveling to Barcelona who cannot fathom the thought of indulging in local or other international cuisine, we did come across a Hard Rock Cafe where more American like meals are served. We did not visit this particular one but they are all the same. I strongly suggest you venture out and please your palate with new things! Don't get me wrong, the food is not bad, it's just not Catalan, or Spanish for that matter!

I can only understand if you'll be visiting Barcelona for 2 weeks and after the first week, you start to crave something from home. Then it's okay! :-)

• Katie_Hunter's Profile Photo

The Hard Rock Cafe is a must...

by Katie_Hunter Written Aug 26, 2002

The Hard Rock Cafe is a must visit, even if it's just for a drink.
    The memrobilia is amazing and the food is well priced. Anyone who has visited a Hard Rock will know it's charms, friendly waiters, music playing and American-style food. I must warn you that they may ask you to come back or wait because the place is always busy. The best time to go is around 7:30pm because most Spaniards don't eat until later.

Favorite Dish: There is a wide variety on the menu, hamburgers, pasta dishes, fish dishes etc. Since i'm a vegetarian i had a veggie-burger which was lovely.

• Steve-H's Profile Photo

As with most things the...

by Steve-H Written Aug 25, 2002

As with most things the further you roam from the Rambla the cheaper the restaurants get, and more interesting too.As Barcelona is on the Meditteranean coast there is always plenty of fresh seafood and it is always cheap, £2 or £3 for most dishes but the most common sight on menus is that great Spanish invention Tapas.Small portions of often savory food that can be eaten standing at the bar (it can cost %20 more to sit down and eat) most dishes are available and favourites include Manchego cheese,serrano ham and whitebait (small fish,deep fried and eaten whole) There are plenty of places to cope with the unwary traveller where prices are inflated and service is poor, usually noted for having english dishes on the menu. If you must do it then the Hard Rock Cafe is also on the Place De Catalunya but its not one of their best.
    One of the great delights for a foodie abroad is the Bodega, a great Spanish institution where wine and tapas go hand in hand and tasting is positively encouraged.Bodegas are hard to find but are making a comeback, we found one under a shop selling ceramics.

• There are many resturants in...

by jonny_b Written Aug 25, 2002

There are many resturants in Barcelona serving a wide veriety of quisine which is both Spannish and multinational. Also, try and visit the 'Hard Rock Cafe' aswell. Like most Hard Rock Cafe's, its quite an experience!
    The prices for food are reasonable and atmosphere in Barcelona is mostly welcoming.

Favorite Dish: A whole range of food can be tasted and most is very good.

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Café.: Hard Rock Café.

by Nobbe Written Aug 24, 2002

Led Zepplin Drum Kit - John Bonham's stainless steel drum kit from Led Zeppelin, with text written by Robert Plant.

Favorite Dish: HOMEMADE HRC NACHOS. Fresh corn tortilla chips piled high with Jack and cheddar cheese, homemade seasoned pinto beans and served with sour cream and jalapenos. Also available with homemade guacamole.

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona: Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona

by Paisleypaul Written Feb 9, 2007

Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona

Just a beer and nachos visit this time !

Favorite Dish: Normally Santa Fe spring rolls, check the website for the menu which is - more or less -homogenized the world over

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars