Juicy Jones, Barcelona

by Gili_S
    Juicy Jones Interior
    by Jetgirly
  • sou.mare's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones: Eat in colours... Juicy Jones!

by sou.mare Written Jun 15, 2013

Juicy Jones is like Barcelona - colorful, unconventional. It is a chain bar/restaurant, where you can drink fresh juice from the menu or one created by yourself and also eat delicious food for a good price.

I really liked the staff - they were friendly and professional.

What makes it special are definitely crazy painting on the walls.

Favorite Dish: My favourite plate there is Guacamole. Yummy!

It is perfectly spiced. It's is served with fresh bread. Perfect combination that kills the hunger.

• Study Abroad

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones

by Gili_S Written Jan 28, 2011

I must say that this is very unique place, at list compare to places where I come from. It seems to be popular, a vegetarian place that also unique with its selection of natural drinks made of just about ANYTHING.

• oxymoron's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones: The food is flavoursome/energising

by oxymoron Written Aug 23, 2010

Hi
    The hotel you are staying in is on Calle del Carme (I think) so the retaurant (more like bistro) is on the same street. It is vegetarian (don't let that put you off though). The food is to savour, and the wines are VERY good. Reasonable prices/good ambience. Not a pretentious place so if you want upmarket/posh, it's not for you.
    Give it a try!

• annase's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones: Gorgeous vegan restaurant/cafe

by annase Written Jan 5, 2008

Juicy Jones just off the Ramblas

I recently started eating vegetarian for full time (!), so this place was a real heaven sent after having had to eat lunch and dinner with 3 meat eaters in so called normal reaturants that usually have only a handful of vegetarian options (MOST!) on their menus.

They did daily lunch specials for EUR 8,50 which would have included 3 courses. I decided to go for a dhal dish EUR 5,95. It was absolutely gorgeous!!! I also had olives to start with, but didn't really like them that much, but the rest of my meal (i.e. freshky squeezed orange juice and soya shake) were very very good.

I loved their funly deco and intriquing clientele. They spoke very good English which was a bonus for non-Spanish speaker like me!

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones: Vegan Cuisine

by Jetgirly Updated Jun 3, 2006

Juicy Jones Interior

Juicy Jones is a brightly painted juice bar and restaurant located just off the Ramblas. It is a small restaurant and groups larger than four should be prepared to sit seperately. The food is absolutely amazing, with really fresh ingredients and perfect seasonings and spices. My only complaint would be how slow service is... call it laid-back if you will, but we waited endlessly for our food and then our waitress disappeared without giving us utensils. That being said, she was kind enough to give me my fresh-made mint lemonade for free when it took forty-five minutes to arrive at the table! We also received a free bowl of soup as it took so long to arrive!

I had the daily dahl plate (they call it thali), which was a large, round metal plate with rice in the middle. Around it were bowls of dahl (lightly curried lentil paste), curried vegetables and mint chutney that you could mix up and eat with the rice as you pleased. Prices are fantastic, coming in at under ten euros for soup, entree and dessert.

• gonzo747's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones: great vegan restaurant near the ramblas

by gonzo747 Updated Nov 7, 2005

We stayed in Barcelona for 4 days and ate here twice. The food was great and cheap.
    They have a fixed price for a three course meal. There are two different varieties every day.
    In front of the place is a juice bar. The restaurant has a really nice staff.
    If you're a vegetarian you'll have to check this place out.

• zizkov's Profile Photo

Juicy Jones: Eclectic Vegetarian

by zizkov Updated May 27, 2003

When viewed from the outside you may wonder where you sit to eat. Pass through the long narrow juice bar, descend some steps and a smallish eating space appears, with white walls with swirly colourful designs. I've read it descibed as 'funky' and 'hardcore vegetarian' and. well, I could almost stop there. The food is predominantly (or totally?) vegan and there is also a selection of organic wines and beers.

I had artichoke and rocket in a smoked garlic sauce, which I expected warm (it wasn't); oyster mushrooms in a lager cream with mash; and a halwa. For me, all the dishes missed the mark, the execution did not match the ambition. The best things were the mash and the fresh juice. This was the evening menu with 2 or 3 choices per course at, I think, E9.90. The juice (wide choice) was around E3.

Open daily 09:00 - 22:00.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Juicy Jones
3.5 out of 5 stars