La Fonda, Barcelona

La Fonda 1
    by adema29

LA FONDA: A TRENDY RESTAURANT

In front of

"La Fonda" is a nice restaurant in the center of Barcelona (Barri Gothic). I read here on vt about this restaurant and the comments were very good, so we decided to have a dinner there

PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTIONS

• La Fonda: Fantastic all round!

by Emmamartin Written Oct 14, 2004

Never been so impressed with such high quality food, at such cheap prices. Nearly everything on menu is around 5 Euros and is presented really well, tastes excellent and incredibly quick service despite how busy the place is!

For all pudding lovers - It has a menu to die for, lot's of choclate and cream on most items!! All under 3 Euros! Downstairs in the non-smoking area has great ambience!

Favorite Dish: The Seafood salad i had was delicious and the meat dishes on table next to mine looked really tasty!

• Weener's Profile Photo

La Fonda Escudellers, Carrer...

by Weener Updated Dec 13, 2003

La Fonda Escudellers, Carrer dels Escudellers, 10.
    What a find! Walking along some back streets from La Rambla, we came across this fantastic restaurant. Nice location and interior, service is fantastic, and food is so delicious. Best of all is the value for money. 2 x 3 courses, with a bottle of red wine, cost about £16 altogether, although this was back in 2001. We were so impressed, that we decided to take lunch there the next day! Be warned though, it is very popular, and queues are likely if you do not arrive early. Time of opening for lunch 1pm – 3:30pm, try to arrive by 2pm to avoid queues. Time for opening for dinner, 8:30, so try to arrive by 9pm to avoid queues. However, if you do find a queue, don’t give up, its well worth the wait!

Favorite Dish: All of it.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

LA FONDA: Stay in the line before eating

by Maggies Updated Oct 29, 2003

Inside La Fonda

The restaurant is so great and has such fame that you have to wait up to 1 hr to get inside. It's actually huge but everybody wants to eat there. I was lucky coz it was 7 of us and they had a table waiting for us. So better find more people, if it's 2 of you, you'll be waiting forever.

Favorite Dish: The food is excellent and very reasonable. They have great seafood and fish. A salad with goat cheese for a starter and then codfish with ratatouille are well worth trying. They also have excellent choice of desserts and Crema Catalana with stawberries is one you shouldn't miss.
    As for wine, you should try their Rioja Crianza. Really great and it's only 12 Euro per bottle.

• La Fonda: Excellent meal at a good price

by Pawl Updated Sep 10, 2003

La Fonda is on a back street just off La Rambla next to Placa Reial. We went for dinner with a couple of Australians we met while doing Mikes Bike Tour.(also recommended) La Fonda opens at 8:30 pm for dinner and can have quite a line up. We got there by 8:15pm and got in wth no problems. Don't worry if there is a big line as the place can sit about 400 people. The food and service is excellent and the prices are fairly cheap. Also good if you are in a group we sat at a table for 6 and saw some groups with 12 people!

• Lemonita's Profile Photo

La Fonda: By the pier

by Lemonita Written Sep 4, 2002

La Fonda is situated in the Olympic Port, alongside tons of restaurants by the pier.
    The environment is very nice, especially if you eat on the terrace.

Favorite Dish: I had a parrillada (grilled seafood) because I really enjoyed eating it in another restaurant.

I thought the portion was a bit smaller but it was pretty good though.

• Andreaska's Profile Photo

the first time I walked past...

by Andreaska Written Aug 25, 2002

the first time I walked past that restaurant at about 7 or 8 in the evening I thought there was a concert or some special event going on; there were so many people waiting to get in, they formed a queue of 15 or 20 meters; when I asked somebody they just told me that's normal for 'LA FONDA'; I didn't have the patience to test if it is worth to spend half an hour or more waiting for a table, but I had a look at the prices and must say that I was positively surprised because judging from the fine interior design that I could see through the big glass windows I would have expected a higher price-level

• Zezel's Profile Photo

There is this Italian...

by Zezel Written Aug 24, 2002

There is this Italian restaurant in Plaza de Sants, just in the corner w/Galileo. It's great, and ofcourse La Fonda, Les Quinze Nits in la Plaza Reial.
    US$10-15 per person

Favorite Dish: Escalibada, pasta, escargols.

• Azhut's Profile Photo

La Fonda: A YUMMY CHOICE!!!

Mix dish

This dish is absolutely my favourite one!!

UNDER CONSTRUCTIONS

Favorite Dish: This dish is absolutely my favourite one!!

LA FONDA: A TRENDY RESTAURANT-I FLOOR

by Azhut Written Jan 8, 2005

We ate at the first floor, so we had a great view ..... nice situation for taking a picture while people are eating.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTIONS

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

La Fonda: A popular restaurant in this city

by Luchonda Updated May 24, 2003

The restaurant

Reservation is not possible - make a queue and enjoy the meals - it is cheap and the location is superb !!

Favorite Dish: Fresh seafood and the tapaz

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near La Fonda
4.0 out of 5 stars