La Gavina, Barcelona

• La Gavina
    by Innovator
  • La Gavina: Nice meal with a fantastic view

by Sussane Written Aug 25, 2010

I had been in Barcelona with my boyfriend for a week and it was the best restaurant that we tasted. The meal and the service was so good, you should taste the seafood paella and the baked scampi with lemmon, it was delicious.
    They have the best view in Barcelona, you can see the harbour with a lot of boats and the mountain of montjuic.
    The hotel recommend to us for the view and the meal and was a good decision.
    If we return to Barcelona (a fantastic city) we will repeat at this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Paella.

• La Gavina (The Seagull): For me and my wife... simply the best in Barcelona

by Noah1973 Written Aug 21, 2010

For us the best restaurant that we tasted in Barcelona. We always like to go to dinner all the nights and taste different restaurants, and La Gavina it was the best that we taste in a long time. The view was fantastic, the service and the food excellent. All was perfect. We enjoied a lot. If you go to Barcelona you should taste it.

Favorite Dish: Salt Cod in fisherman style and Roast Lamb. It was so good.

• La Gavina: Great location Terrible service

by spanishtourist Updated Jun 8, 2008

one of about 5 restaurants in a row of converted warehouses. The location was stunning, the food not so. I had an acceptable paella and my partner a steak. The steak was requested well done but turned up rare. If the food was unimpressive, the service was appalling. Staff were miserable, impatient and did not smile once. They removed the food before we finished. It took twenty minutes to find someone to get the bill. I would avoid this restaurant at all costs and go to one of the others. We tried two other restaurants in the area and the service was miles better. Avoid this restaurant!

• Alikatt's Profile Photo

La Gavina: Good location, fine fare

by Alikatt Updated Mar 28, 2007

I like the location by the port but I wan't impressed with the food. Service was fine though.

Favorite Dish: We mostly had salads and three different versions of paella. They were just ok in my opinion. The best paella I had in Spain was the one I had tried in Ibiza.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near La Gavina
4.5 out of 5 stars