Les Quinze Nits, Barcelona

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 42 Reviews

Placa Reial, 6 93 317 30 75

square that restaurant is on
    by clareabee
    me in the restaurant
    by clareabee
  • Les Quinze Nits
    by MASSSACA
  • Les Quinze Nits: Good choice for budget travelers

by Donde Written Aug 8, 2006

I had lunch here three times during my 5-day stay in Barcelona (July 2006)! I remembered this place from Virtualtourist. I recommend the lunch: for only 7,90 € you get a 3-course meal (three starters, three main courses and three desserts to choose from), including wine or water. Please note that the "menú del día" is only in Spanish (and catalan), just bring a dictionary like I did. None of the lunches I had was anything outstanding, but good basic food in quite a nice environment, and most of all inexpensive!

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Worth the Wait

by Jetgirly Updated Jul 22, 2006

I ate at this restaurant five times during the month I stayed in Barcelona! It is so central, plus the food is great and prices are very reasonable. You can get a full dinner with (cheap) wine for about EUR 13. It is located in Placa Reial, just off the Ramblas near the Liceu train station.

The restaurant has a beautiful second floor with dim, goldish-red lighting. The first floor is nice as well but brighter and colder. The patio is very close to the line and buskers come to your table looking for money, I would not want to sit out there.

The food is really good and beautifully presented. Most dishes are not served with accompanying vegetables and some don't even come with rice, so beware of ordering a fish dish because you may only receive a piece of fish! Service leaves something to be desired, as twice we found more than ten euros worth of food we hadn't ordered (or eaten) on our bill.

This is what I usually order:

Starter - Tomato Soup with Pesto Oil Garnish
    Main - Fresh Pasta Medallions (...)
    Dessert - Coffee and Bailey's Ice Cream

• Les Quinze Nits: Is it really good value?

by ciog52 Written Feb 11, 2006

First thing to be said is it is cheap both for food and wine and always has crowds outside.The food itself has nothing to recommend it except price.A grilled chicken dish was both dry and cold and even the french fries were of a very poor quality. Staff are friendly and efficent even when it is busy. I came away with the impression that because they are getting crowds they just do not care about quality. The square is a gathering place for street people who are more of a nuisance than anything else and on the Sunday night we were there they were busy singing to one another.

Favorite Dish: It is hard to make a mess of grilled chicken but they can.

• Les Quinze Nits: Warning: It has become expensive and bad :-(

by erik99 Written Dec 5, 2005

Hi all,

I lived for one year 2001 in Barcelona and "Les Quinze Nits" was one of the best restaurants in town (low prices, very good food)

Last Weekend (4. Dec. 2005) I visted the "Les Quinze Nits" again and was really, really disapointed:
    1.) The prices went 100% Up (ok. that seems to be normal in the Euro zone...)
    2.) "Les Quinze Nits" now tries to make money whereever it is possible: Bread now costs 75 Cent extra per person; Rice 1,75 Euro per Person and so on.... (this was not the case 3 years ago).
    3.) The chicken was cold, the Tuna was relativ cold
    4.) The waiters are working like slaves running all the time (I had a bad conscience when I saw how fast they had to work)

So this was a really bad experience..... So the restaurant has completly lost its reputation for me. Better go to a tapas bar or another restaurant.

So far
    Erik

• Les Quinze Nits: Cheap for a reason!

by pulpos Written Nov 10, 2005

This restaurant is cheap becaus the produce is cheap. We thought it to be very nicely done up but found the food to be of the vacuuum packed and reheated type. You really can taste the difference! There are better quality and much more authentic places to go.

• svetik2000's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Simply the best!

by svetik2000 Written Oct 22, 2005

Rare occasion - I'm the first in the queue!

I won't say anything that hasn't already been said about this fabulous place - it's fantastic and it's well worth the wait in the queue because you'll be rewarded with a wonderful meal and it wouldn't cost you some fortune. I actually read about it on VT first, then some Barcelona-based people recommened it, and so I found myself looking for it on a cool September evening not sure what exactly to expect as it was located in a rather touristy area - Plaza Real, which is not what I'd usually opt for.
    I came there at about 6.40 pm and was surprised to see it was closed for a break till 7.30. It was the only restaurant in that square that actually shut down at such a lucrative time. Anyways, at that time already, there were a couple of people who also discovered they won't get in earlier than 7.30 and you know what - they actually chose to wait! So I joined them and was delighted to see that by the time the restaurant opened, the queue had grown considerably and what a relief it was to be among the first to choose a table and get attention of very nice and efficient 'camareros'.
    Morevoer, I saw a lot of locals there, so it must add to the reputation of this place. In short - highly recommended to anyone in search of good food in central Barcelona.

Favorite Dish: I had a delicious salad with tomatos and sheep cheese, then some pasta, accompanied by half litre of the house red, then coffee and ice-cream for desert and all this was very nicely done and very tasty.

• Work Abroad

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: At Plaza Real

by Carmela71 Written Oct 4, 2005

I was recomended first this place by my friend while our Breakfast at the airport, she said it was normally very busy with queus (and it was true).

thyey have a very reasobnable price daily menu of 7,50 euros with 2 courses, dessert, drink and bread WOW, the dishes at the normal menu are a little more expensive but still very reasonable priced and better quality that the ones of the daily menu. Good selection of catalan dishes.

• Les Quinze Nits: Un-missable

by ryan86 Written Aug 15, 2005

This place comes highly recommended, and it's easy to see why. Located on the picture-perfect Placa Reial, Les Quinze Nits is strictly not to be missed. It's tantalizingly exquisite food on offer will come accompanied with a shockingly small bill. Please don't let the queues put you off, as there will undoubtedly be some unless you eat early. The queues begin to form at around nine o'clock, and can get quite lengthy!

• kenyneo's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: The queue is worth it ...but it is crazy !

by kenyneo Written Aug 7, 2005

Squid ink paela anyone ? lov it

The first ridiculous thing you see in Plaza Reial is the extremely long queue for this restaurant . I make it a point to dine here coz it is recommended by the Guide book as well as VT.

But is it as it is known for ?

Atmosphere wise , its really worth it. Nice ambience which is quite classy . The price is reasonable or cheap for this setting.

Gazpachous ( soup ) is about Euro 3.5
    Paela and other main course is about Euro 6 - 8
    Sangria per jug is Euro 8 or 9 I think .

Honestly the food is not as good as I expect , then again its an experience ...the queue I mean lol.

• Yijie's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Queue early!

by Yijie Updated Jun 12, 2005
    Choices made at Les Quinze Nits

There is certainly a high class ambience in Les Quinze Nits and the food here is well-prepared i.e. taste and presentation for really affordable prices. If you have not known, it is actually a culinary school and your meals are prepared by its students. The restaurant opens at 8.30pm for dinner but the queue starts forming close to 8. My tactic is: Around 7.30pm, check out the menu on its front door first, make your choices and start queueing close to 8. When you are shown to your table, make your order and just enjoy... :)

Favorite Dish: I can't really make up my mind as all the dishes are really quite good, including the sangria (red wine punch). However, I do find the paella somehow lacking, when I compared to other paellas I tried in Spain after my dinner here.

• vardaman's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Tourists standing in a que because it is long

by vardaman Updated May 27, 2005

Do not waste your time standing in the line to get into this place. People see a line and they have to go jump in it. This food at this place was as bland and tasteless as I've ever had. Was it bad? No.... it had absolutely no taste. Undeniably, this place has great aesthetic appeal. I actually sat at another restaurant and watched the que next door grow nearly all the way out to the fountain with British tourists, while we enjoyed a bottle of great merlot . It was really quite a site.

• jstrack5's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Not Worth It! Terrible Food, Terrible Service

by jstrack5 Written Apr 14, 2005

Les Quinze Nits did not live up to these comments at all. After waiting in line for an hour or so, we were seated and told what items were unavailable. Many of the fish and meat items had sold out for the day. Service was fast, but only because they wanted to get us out of there to seat more people. Salad was wilted, entree was lukewarm and honestly tasted like it could've been done in the microwave. Yeah, it was all really cheap...as always, you get what you pay for.

This experience represented the worst of American dining, but in Barcelona: low prices, fast service, well-decorated space, a long line of people, terrible quality and even worse service. Do yourself a favor - avoid the line, find something on your own that's further away from Las Ramblas and Placa Reial, pay a little more, and have a good dining experience.

Favorite Dish: The ice cream was OK.

• kerouacsdog's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Quality food very cheap

by kerouacsdog Written Dec 26, 2004

Queueing at les quinze nits

This is an amazingly cheap restaurant in a very seady area(but quite safe). The food is excellent, the setting is good, and the service is ok. There's always a queue outside, but it's well worth it.

Favorite Dish: The goat's cheese salad, followed by the chicken with asparagus, washed down with a decent bottle of house cava, for about £9 each.

• emilybcn's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Cheap and Chic

by emilybcn Updated Dec 7, 2004

Les Quinze Nits looks like a hotspot in Barcelona becaue it is always busy. They don't take reservations so there is always a line which I think creates a lot of buzz. It has a ver y nice ambience and is affordable, for a meal and wine I paid around 11 euro or so for dinner. For a younger tourist without much money this would be a nice place to you can go to and feel as though you've actually dined out. There are other tourists but only experienced ones.

Favorite Dish: I got the veal and thought is was pretty good, It's not michelin rated food but it's very good for the price. They also provide some typical catalan dishes like paella.

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Excellent location!

by clairegeordio Written Jun 19, 2004

This restaurant is located in Placa Reial, off the Ramblas. There is always a queue so is best to go around 8-8.15 pm as we did, and barely queued at all. We also got a table outside, which is nice, as Placa Reial is quite a lively square. The food was fairly expensive for the amount that you got, but was good quality food all the same.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Les Quinze Nits
3.5 out of 5 stars