Les Quinze Nits, Barcelona

3.5 out of 5 stars 42 Reviews

Placa Reial, 6 93 317 30 75

square that restaurant is on
    by clareabee
    me in the restaurant
    by clareabee
  • Les Quinze Nits
    by MASSSACA
  • kerouacsdog's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Quality food very cheap

by kerouacsdog Written Dec 26, 2004

Queueing at les quinze nits

This is an amazingly cheap restaurant in a very seady area(but quite safe). The food is excellent, the setting is good, and the service is ok. There's always a queue outside, but it's well worth it.

Favorite Dish: The goat's cheese salad, followed by the chicken with asparagus, washed down with a decent bottle of house cava, for about £9 each.

• Les Quinze Nits: Worth the Wait

by Jetgirly Updated Jul 22, 2006

I ate at this restaurant five times during the month I stayed in Barcelona! It is so central, plus the food is great and prices are very reasonable. You can get a full dinner with (cheap) wine for about EUR 13. It is located in Placa Reial, just off the Ramblas near the Liceu train station.

The restaurant has a beautiful second floor with dim, goldish-red lighting. The first floor is nice as well but brighter and colder. The patio is very close to the line and buskers come to your table looking for money, I would not want to sit out there.

The food is really good and beautifully presented. Most dishes are not served with accompanying vegetables and some don't even come with rice, so beware of ordering a fish dish because you may only receive a piece of fish! Service leaves something to be desired, as twice we found more than ten euros worth of food we hadn't ordered (or eaten) on our bill.

This is what I usually order:

Starter - Tomato Soup with Pesto Oil Garnish
    Main - Fresh Pasta Medallions (...)
    Dessert - Coffee and Bailey's Ice Cream

• emilybcn's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Cheap and Chic

by emilybcn Updated Dec 7, 2004

Les Quinze Nits looks like a hotspot in Barcelona becaue it is always busy. They don't take reservations so there is always a line which I think creates a lot of buzz. It has a ver y nice ambience and is affordable, for a meal and wine I paid around 11 euro or so for dinner. For a younger tourist without much money this would be a nice place to you can go to and feel as though you've actually dined out. There are other tourists but only experienced ones.

Favorite Dish: I got the veal and thought is was pretty good, It's not michelin rated food but it's very good for the price. They also provide some typical catalan dishes like paella.

• Emke's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Everything they say about this restaurant is true

by Emke Written Mar 31, 2004

You have got to eat something at les quince nits. Everything they say about this restaurant is true: there's always a long long queue (we once waited 1,5 hour), the food and the atmosphere are worth waiting for, the food is absolutely delicious and very cheap. And the atmosphere is great.

Favorite Dish: A starter with a lot of different things, I forgot the name

And duck with apples:mmmmm

And roasted lamb:mmmmmm

And Sangre de Toro wine (bulls blood, hihi) : mmmmmmm

• Les Quinze Nits: Delicious food

by Jimmyp41 Written Feb 12, 2004

The restaurant is on located on Placa Reial. We went here after after reading recomendations on VT and weren't dissapointed. We arived at 9.45pm and queued for 30 minutes. It was definately worth the wait. My starter (veal carpachio) was excelent. I had duck with apple compote for my main course which was very nice but didn't come with any veg or rice. I guess their more bothered with quality than quantity. Desert was good too. I strongly recomend this restaurant.

• Les Quinze Nits: GOOD FOOD

by johnbrum Written Feb 1, 2004

WE FOUND THIS BY CHANCE. ONE OF THE FEW PLACES IN BARCA WITH MENU IN ENGLISH.GOT THERE ABOUT 9PM ON A SAT IN JAN.GOT A TABLE NO PROBLEM ,LOOKED OUT OF WINDOW AT 9.30PM TO A SEE AHUGE QUE TO GET IN.WE FOUND THE FOOD GOOD AND VERY GOOD VALUE .A 3COURSE MEAL FOR 4 AND 3 BOTTLES OF GOOD WINE FOR 85 EUROS! WHY CANT OTHER PLACES DO IT LIKE THIS?

Favorite Dish: CHICKEN STUFFED WITH HAM WAS GOOD ,SOME MAIN CORSES DONT COME WITH VEG OR RICE AND SOME DO.THE HOMADE CARAMEL ICE CREAM WAS LOVELY.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Worth the wait . . .

by acemj Written Dec 12, 2003

For many of you savvy VT travelers, the sight of an enormous line outside of a restaurant in a touristy part of town might discourage you. I had the same thought, but I was with others who really wanted to give it a try, so we decided to jump in line early and try it out. The place opens at 8:30pm and they don't take reservations, so your best bet is to get here by around 8. The food and service were both excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: The desserts tasted as good as they looked.

• Les Quinze Nits: Les Quinze Nits is Horrible!!!

by elizabeth87 Written Aug 25, 2008

While taking an after dinner stroll last night around the El Born/ Las Ramblas area, we stumbled upon Les Quinze Nits and the beautiful square where the restaurant sits among 4 - 5 other restuarants. People were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful August night, the restaurant had white table clothes, and the most shocking thing of all was the VERY LONG line of people waiting to be seated!! The restaurant doesn't take reservations, and we were so stunned to see approximately 50 people waiting in line to be seated that we were dying to go try the food another night. If that many people can stand in line for dinner at 10:30 pm, then it must be good... right?

Wrong. We went today for lunch and it was the worst food of my life. Believe what the negative reviews on this site say, not the positive ones. As we went around 2:30 pm for lunch, there was no line and we were given the option to sit either inside or out. We chose out because of the nice weather and the view of the square, and we were first neglected by the waitstaff for approximately 10 minutes before getting accosted by the homeless in Barcelona (we were closest to the walkway). After this experience, we moved inside and were seated upstairs by a window. The decor is lovely and feels like an old french bistro, but the food is awful and the service is terrible. The waitress took her time in serving us, although was quicker than when we were seated outside. I ordered the 3-course lunch for 8,75 euros (a good deal), and started off with the tomato, pesto and mozerella salad, which was alright. No seasoning and a bit watery. The entree was a nightmare!! Ordered the chicken curry which came with rice - the chicken was gray in color, had an awful taste (maybe it was going bad?), and with every bite I literally felt like I was going to throw up. They didn't bring wine as they were supposed to (included in the price with the meal), and after eating a few bites and telling the waitress how horrible the food was; she took my plate away and brought me the dessert, coconut ice cream, yet refused to offer me another dish or take money off the meal.

My boyfriend ordered the salmon - which also had an off taste, and they served it with the same odd-tasting "curry" sauce that came with my chicken. Note, as someone else noted, the meat/fish entrees do not come with anything. You have to order either rice or french fries or a salad on the side. The french fries were a disgrace - were soggy and tasted only of the oil they were fried in. We couldn't even eat those!

The total bill for 2 people at lunch was 22,50 yet it is NOT worth it if you do not feel satisfied after the meal.

Favorite Dish: None. Everything was terrible.

I recommend you try one of the other restaurants in the square, or wander up the rambla towards El Born (metro station: Jaume) - there are dozens of cute restaurants of all different food types, and most of the prices are reasonable.

• MASSSACA's Profile Photo

Go inside, feel cosmopolitan

by MASSSACA Written Sep 7, 2009

I go there with a friend on a saturday evening.
    The Place REIAL is wonderful for a restaurant, my guidebook told me its the best place in Barcelona.

In front of the restaurant was a waiting list for round about 10 metres...

we go to the end and wait.. ( like 30 - 40 minutes).. Behind us the waiting list accrue to more than 25 metres!!! ( like 50 people or more!!!)

But it was okay, because you can see the blanches of the other people who comes from a ancillary road and street artists help to bridge the time...

Eating was very good, like in a designer or In-restaurant, the waiters are all Thais or Asians, very friendly itself. The guest are from whole europe, also barcelonas residents.

Prices are low, we paid 42 euros for three-course-menü and white wine/ sangria.

Wonderful.

Favorite Dish: Catalunya Creme like Creme Bruelee.

• Business Travel

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Terrace at Placa Reial: Les Quinze nits

by SirRichard Written Sep 8, 2003

The terrace

This restaurant is a rather good option to try typical catalonian food in a nice environment.
    I went there for lunch, and seated at the terrace they have in an alley at one side of the Placa Reial. They have room inside and upstairs too, but I found it nicer to seat outside and watch the people go by...
    Most entrees were about 4 euros, and main dishes, about 6 euros.

Favorite Dish: Escalivada amb formatge fos i torradets: 3,81 euros
    Botifarra amb mongetes saltades: 4,41 euros
    You can see the pics of these dishes in the next 2 tips.

• Wine Tasting

• yelyah99's Profile Photo

Taxidermista: Taxidermista

by yelyah99 Written Jul 27, 2003

the queues for Quinze Nits in the Placa Reial

A nice, varied menu (something for everyone) on a beautiful square with outdoor tables. Choose here rather than the ferociously popular (and queued!) Les Quinze Nits next door - you won't regret it. This place has nicer food for only a little more money and it's got a really interesting history. Plus you can laugh at the people queueing for Nits as you eat. Nice wine too :)

Favorite Dish: The goat's cheese starter... just a great salad!

• jhoolko's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Good place for a "nice" meal on a budget

by jhoolko Written Mar 2, 2007

Les Quinze Nits was a really nice alternative to the shawarma and sandwiches that I ate constantly during my time in Barcelona. It's extremely reasonable for what you get. The white table cloths, the service, the ambiance is very classy, and you feel like you are in an extremely high-end restaraunt. The food was not absolutely spectacular, but still very good, and there were a good number of menu options, honestly all very reasonable. The wine was also very cheap and rather good. I think it's probably the best place to go for a person who has been traveling on a budget who would like to treat themselves (and a date!) to a nice night out without having to pay an obsene amount of money. GREAT location for a date, quiet, but still lively, nice, but not over the top.

• Study Abroad

• monkeyfeesh's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Les Quinze Nits

by monkeyfeesh Updated Jun 10, 2007

A queue forms for Les Quinze Nits

Everybody seems to know about Les Quinze Nits. Its location is the Placa Reial, just off the Ramblas, and in a very central tourist area. You'll spot it immediately on arriving at the square: it's the one with big queue outside. For years I've managed to avoid going there, put off by the long queues and travelling alone. This time, I wasn't alone; we were sat enjoying a beer at Glaciar, a bar I've mentioned elsewhere, in the corner of the square. We watched the queue form for well over an hour before the restaurant opened and said to ourselves "There's no way it can be that good!" and resolved to go elsewhere. However, around 30 minutes after it opened, the queue had mostly been accommodated and there were still a fair few tables left outside on the terrace. Thus, in the manner of Ebay auction snipers, we dived on the end of the queue, and ten minutes later we were seated. And we were pleasantly surprised! The food, styled as generally local Catalan fare, was both inexpensive and delicious.

So here's my tip: unless you're determined to sit inside, have a few drinks at one of the other bars in the square; around 20 minutes after the restaurant's roughly 8:30pm opening, the queue will probably have shortened such that your waiting time will be minimal.

Favorite Dish: I had deep-fried battered John Dory, and came with mushrooms and tomatoes; Liz had seabass. Both were delicious, delicately flavoured and immaculately cooked. Both cost around 7 to 9 euros each. A bottle of the house red cost 6 euros.

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Excellent location!

by clairegeordio Written Jun 19, 2004

This restaurant is located in Placa Reial, off the Ramblas. There is always a queue so is best to go around 8-8.15 pm as we did, and barely queued at all. We also got a table outside, which is nice, as Placa Reial is quite a lively square. The food was fairly expensive for the amount that you got, but was good quality food all the same.

• anneclarke's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: the queue is worth it

by anneclarke Written Nov 3, 2006

This restuarant does not take bookings, it opens at 20.30pm the queue starts about 19.30pm, there are street entertainers to entertain you during the wait. it is reasonably priced, gthe most expensive wine 8.40 euros . Worth a visit

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Les Quinze Nits
4.0 out of 5 stars