Les Quinze Nits, Barcelona

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 42 Reviews

Placa Reial, 6 93 317 30 75

me in the restaurant
    by clareabee
    square that restaurant is on
    by clareabee
  • Les Quinze Nits
    by MASSSACA
  • Maggies's Profile Photo

LES QUINZE NITS: Worth queuing up too

by Maggies Updated Oct 29, 2003

La Plaza Reial

If you go to Placa Reial and see the big line going through it, it's the people queuing up to get to the restaurant, which has 3 floors and tables outside. It's still not enough for all the people who want to eat here.

Favorite Dish: Great variety of starters, fish and meat dishes. Codfish with beans is delicious and as for desserts...... I would eat them all but one of the best choices will for sure be Crema Catalana with almond ice-cream and chocolate syrup. Yummy... :-)))

• venteca's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Nice and on a budget!

by venteca Written Dec 20, 2007

Me at Les quinze nits

Very nice restaurant! They don´t book reservations. I´ve heard lots of stories of peolpe having to wait lots of time for a table. The restaurant opens at 8.30 pm. Me and my wife have arrived at exactly 8.35 pm and we have waited.... 2 minutes to get a table...!! :)) I dont know if we were lucky but we did not had to wait at all... The food is very nice and it is a very cheap restaurant! It´s a great place but it is kind of tourist place... It´s not a cultural, local place. Dont forget to try the Catalunyan desert!

• simonli625's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Best restaurant in Barcelona!

by simonli625 Written Jan 8, 2008

The restaurant is just off the famous La Rambla and is located at the Placa Reial. It is a popular restaurant in Barcelona. Our friend told us that it is a place to be seen. We went there a bit early before their opening time at 9 p.m. and there is already 80 people waiting in front of us. We were amazed that we were seated 10 minutes after the restaurant open and also were able to order/serve food relatively fast. Definitely the waiter/waitress are pretty well trained. We heard that if you come there at later time then you expect to wait for a long time.

It is a huge restaurant with nice atmosphere. The food is fresh and very good. We are pleasantly surprised with the ambience,service and the food quality.

Favorite Dish: Grilled sea bass filet,
    mushroom, parmesan and walnut salde,
    creme brule

• Les Quinze Nits: Good choice for budget travelers

by Donde Written Aug 8, 2006

I had lunch here three times during my 5-day stay in Barcelona (July 2006)! I remembered this place from Virtualtourist. I recommend the lunch: for only 7,90 € you get a 3-course meal (three starters, three main courses and three desserts to choose from), including wine or water. Please note that the "menú del día" is only in Spanish (and catalan), just bring a dictionary like I did. None of the lunches I had was anything outstanding, but good basic food in quite a nice environment, and most of all inexpensive!

• lobstop's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Cheap, good and on the Plaza Reial

by lobstop Written May 13, 2004

Les Quinze Nits is easy to find. Look for the long queue on the Plaza Reial. There it is. It might take an hour until you get a table. But it is worth it. Very good food at a very reasonable price. The atmosphere is "legere", maybe a little bit too many tourists there...

• Les Quinze Nits: Don't get excited!

by mdbubs Written Dec 18, 2007

I was very underwhelmed!
    Had read some great reviews and was really looking forward to a nice menu and a good price. We queued for about 25mins which was fine. The place had a warm atmosphere as we entered and was decorated very nice.
    Service was abrupt and quite impersonal, overall service was a converbelt.
    Food very sub standard, rosmary potatoes swamped in far to much olive oil and very un-tasty!
    We passed on desert even though we were hungry because we just wanted to leave, soooo disappointing. Do your self a favour, explore and avoid the tourist trap. We had a lovely meal for only a few euros more at a place called 'Elche' Vila Vila 71, 08004 Barcelona!

Favorite Dish: None

• Les Quinze Nits: Is it really good value?

by ciog52 Written Feb 11, 2006

First thing to be said is it is cheap both for food and wine and always has crowds outside.The food itself has nothing to recommend it except price.A grilled chicken dish was both dry and cold and even the french fries were of a very poor quality. Staff are friendly and efficent even when it is busy. I came away with the impression that because they are getting crowds they just do not care about quality. The square is a gathering place for street people who are more of a nuisance than anything else and on the Sunday night we were there they were busy singing to one another.

Favorite Dish: It is hard to make a mess of grilled chicken but they can.

• kenyneo's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: The queue is worth it ...but it is crazy !

by kenyneo Written Aug 7, 2005

Squid ink paela anyone ? lov it

The first ridiculous thing you see in Plaza Reial is the extremely long queue for this restaurant . I make it a point to dine here coz it is recommended by the Guide book as well as VT.

But is it as it is known for ?

Atmosphere wise , its really worth it. Nice ambience which is quite classy . The price is reasonable or cheap for this setting.

Gazpachous ( soup ) is about Euro 3.5
    Paela and other main course is about Euro 6 - 8
    Sangria per jug is Euro 8 or 9 I think .

Honestly the food is not as good as I expect , then again its an experience ...the queue I mean lol.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: At Plaza Real

by Carmela71 Written Oct 4, 2005

I was recomended first this place by my friend while our Breakfast at the airport, she said it was normally very busy with queus (and it was true).

thyey have a very reasobnable price daily menu of 7,50 euros with 2 courses, dessert, drink and bread WOW, the dishes at the normal menu are a little more expensive but still very reasonable priced and better quality that the ones of the daily menu. Good selection of catalan dishes.

• svetik2000's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Simply the best!

by svetik2000 Written Oct 22, 2005

Rare occasion - I'm the first in the queue!

I won't say anything that hasn't already been said about this fabulous place - it's fantastic and it's well worth the wait in the queue because you'll be rewarded with a wonderful meal and it wouldn't cost you some fortune. I actually read about it on VT first, then some Barcelona-based people recommened it, and so I found myself looking for it on a cool September evening not sure what exactly to expect as it was located in a rather touristy area - Plaza Real, which is not what I'd usually opt for.
    I came there at about 6.40 pm and was surprised to see it was closed for a break till 7.30. It was the only restaurant in that square that actually shut down at such a lucrative time. Anyways, at that time already, there were a couple of people who also discovered they won't get in earlier than 7.30 and you know what - they actually chose to wait! So I joined them and was delighted to see that by the time the restaurant opened, the queue had grown considerably and what a relief it was to be among the first to choose a table and get attention of very nice and efficient 'camareros'.
    Morevoer, I saw a lot of locals there, so it must add to the reputation of this place. In short - highly recommended to anyone in search of good food in central Barcelona.

Favorite Dish: I had a delicious salad with tomatos and sheep cheese, then some pasta, accompanied by half litre of the house red, then coffee and ice-cream for desert and all this was very nicely done and very tasty.

• Work Abroad

• singel's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Waiting in line

by singel Updated Apr 10, 2004

8h30, half the waiting line

It's a pity nowadays that every guide has the same adresses so that there are long waiting lines in front of the advised restaurants. The food was reasonable, but not as excellent as sometimes said in these pages. It's real 'FASTfood' for the masses.

If you want to go, be there at 8, and wait in line for half an hour.

• Les Quinze Nits: Best Catalan food in Barcelona

by SyGuy Written Oct 8, 2013

We tried several restaurants in Barcelona and they were fair. They seemed to have Spanish food that was very simple and not well flavored.
    Then we tried Les Quinze Nits in the Placa Reial. After the first time we were so impressed with the Catalan flavors that we ate our next four meals there until we had to fly home.
    The Zucchini soup and seafood bisque were outstanding. We tried a number of dishes, duck, lamb shank, chicken with melted cheese and my favorite, the Iberian pork. Each dish came with it's own distinct enhancing sauce. Then came the Catulanyan, a dessert dish which consisted of sort of a melted Creme Brulee (the Catalonians' French influcence) on chocolate syrup topped with a nougat ice cream.
    I thought the prices represented a great value for the quality of their food. Don't miss the red wine Sangrias. They complemented everything. Since it was our anniversary we also went to the Marisco Restaurant next door for a Cava Champagne Sangria also. They seemed to be the only restaurant that served a Champagne Sangria. The wait staff was very efficient. We enjoyed the outdoor area.

Favorite Dish: All of the above.

• Museum Visits

• Les Quinze Nits: Give this a wide berth if you want good anything

by nerizal Written Oct 16, 2007

I honestly don't know what it is about queueing, it must be the promise of something special. Something special is certainly NOT what is on offer here.
    The wait of 40 minites was bearable at the time, but a complete waste of precious time (we were in Barcelona for 3 nights only) in hindsight. We were sat, thrown bread at (which the menu advised we were to pay extra for ) then left alone for far too long whilst everyone else who was sat after us was being served !
    The service was surly, at times plain rude, impersonal, we had to ask for pepper, salt, butter, no-one asked if we were enjoying our meal, no-one broke into a smile. We felt like cattle.
    The food - passable but virtually nothing Catalan. Menu aimed at those wanting to play it safe and not wanting to discover the real food of Barcelona, let alone Spain. Starter of patatas bravas was only just warm and one piece of spicy sausage in it (it was described as potatoes with spicy sausage sauce and ailioli). The pork loin we had - one was undercooked and the vegetables were slimy with too much olive (we hoped) oil. Passed on dessert as we just wanted to leave.

This was the only time I have ever not left a tip anywhere.
    The ONLY positive was the wine - we chose the most expensive at just under 11 Euros and it was lovely.
    This is such a shame, as the venue is gorgeous, the decor gives the impression of stylish, simple service with high standards. The staff and food are anything but (before the 'gates' were opened, we saw one of the waitresses having a fag at one of the tables in plain view!)
    On leaving I had to say to the next person in the queue to be let in - 'don't bother with this place'. She wasn't English-speaking. But then, no-one there seemed to be Spanish speaking. Certainly no-one of Catalan origin would be seen dead there. Nor will I.

Favorite Dish: It's cheap.

• tojoh's Profile Photo

Les Quinzenitz: Good, but not great!

by tojoh Written Jan 1, 2007

The restaurant is situated on the north end of Placa Reial, in the middle of Barcelona close to La Rambla. Lovely interior, mainly in red and white, red lampshades, white leather chairs, very comfortable. We were placed on the first floor overlooking the square. Great atmosphere!

Price: Inexpensive. Most of the food on the menu costs less than €20. The price does however reflects the quality of the food. Only tree B's, and a pluss!

The staff gave us good service. There was an english menu that provided us with enough information for us to easily choose what we wanted, and we did not have to wait long to get our food.

Favorite Dish: We ordered ham croquettes as an entree, followed by a carpaccio of beef. As main course we had suquet de peix, a catalan fish stew that I shared with Susanne. For dessert I had a lemon Sorbet.

Susanne chose salmon carpaccio as a starter, whereas Per had a tomato soup followed by roast chicken-breast.

We ordered a bottle of cava - a great choice to our food!

The ham croquettes were delicious!!

All the dishes were very well presented. The beef carpaccio was, however, a little tasteless. Susannes salmon carpaccio, served with a cream cheese dressing had much flavour and the cream cheese dressing was delicious (I had a little nibble).

My expectation rose as the suquet arrived in a large metal pan. The fish and mussels were cooked to perfection, but I found the tomato based sauce rather bland and boring. I would have expected more flavours from the fish, garlic and herbs.

The finale - the sorbet was delicious!!

• Wine Tasting

• dutchboycalledjan's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Good is good enough

by dutchboycalledjan Updated Aug 11, 2006

We had lunch at this restaurant because it is featured on these pages and was recommend by our guide 100% Barcelona. We were late in the afternoon, so perhaps that iswhy there were no queues on this date late july. The menu of the day was good enough for the price. The service was normal too.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Les Quinze Nits
3.5 out of 5 stars