Les Quinze Nits, Barcelona

square that restaurant is on
    by clareabee
  • Les Quinze Nits
    by MASSSACA
  • Les Quinze Nits: Cheap for a reason!

by pulpos Written Nov 10, 2005

This restaurant is cheap becaus the produce is cheap. We thought it to be very nicely done up but found the food to be of the vacuuum packed and reheated type. You really can taste the difference! There are better quality and much more authentic places to go.

• Les Quinze Nits: Warning: It has become expensive and bad :-(

by erik99 Written Dec 5, 2005

Hi all,

I lived for one year 2001 in Barcelona and "Les Quinze Nits" was one of the best restaurants in town (low prices, very good food)

Last Weekend (4. Dec. 2005) I visted the "Les Quinze Nits" again and was really, really disapointed:
    1.) The prices went 100% Up (ok. that seems to be normal in the Euro zone...)
    2.) "Les Quinze Nits" now tries to make money whereever it is possible: Bread now costs 75 Cent extra per person; Rice 1,75 Euro per Person and so on.... (this was not the case 3 years ago).
    3.) The chicken was cold, the Tuna was relativ cold
    4.) The waiters are working like slaves running all the time (I had a bad conscience when I saw how fast they had to work)

So this was a really bad experience..... So the restaurant has completly lost its reputation for me. Better go to a tapas bar or another restaurant.

So far
    Erik

• Les Quinze Nits: Un-missable

by ryan86 Written Aug 15, 2005

This place comes highly recommended, and it's easy to see why. Located on the picture-perfect Placa Reial, Les Quinze Nits is strictly not to be missed. It's tantalizingly exquisite food on offer will come accompanied with a shockingly small bill. Please don't let the queues put you off, as there will undoubtedly be some unless you eat early. The queues begin to form at around nine o'clock, and can get quite lengthy!

• Quinze nits, barcelona: Worst restaurant experience ever!

by sandrasmith55 Written Mar 28, 2014

March 2014. Very surly waiter and, at times, quite rude. Extremely miserable Maître d who also, I might add, had the endearing habit of rolling his eyes whenever you asked for anything! We had to ask for a glass in order to drink our beer – twice! – then once the glasses eventually arrived, we had to ask for a clean one!. Again, had to ask for cutlery to eat our starters. Food was absolutely terrible. The filling of my cannelloni resembled cat food. ….and tasted really terrible. We were in Barcelona for 6 days and ate in some truly wonderful places and had tip top service in all of them - except Quinze Nits. I would never frequent this restaurant ever again….and would discourage anyone else from doing so!

• LittleDee's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Popular with a great atmosphere

by LittleDee Updated Apr 4, 2011

In Barcelona you are spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants but the reason we chose this restaurant was due to the location (Placa Reial) and the menu had a good selection. We arrived early (in Spanish terms) 8.45pm and it was busy however we didn't need to queue but it was a Sunday night in November!!

The atmosphere was buzzing, the service was good and the prices were reasonable. Not sure how they would cope in the summer but we really enjoyed our visit.

Favorite Dish: I had tuna steak cooked in soy sauce and rosemary which was delicious.

• clareabee's Profile Photo

Quinze Nits: busy restaurant

by clareabee Written Dec 9, 2010

square that restaurant is on

The restaurant was very busy and seemed to be occupied mainly by tourists. there is normally a queue but it tends to move quite fast.
    The service was a bit hit and miss they brought our meat but took forever to bring our veg to go with it so it was cold by the time we got anything. It seemed to take ages to order drinks etc so much so we didn't even bother to get any pudding we just couldn't be bothered waiting.
    the food was reasonably priced but at the same time was nothing special in all honesty.

Favorite Dish: nothing really stood out to be honest.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• There are hundreds of bars and...

by donjuan Written Aug 25, 2002

There are hundreds of bars and restaurants in Barcelona, catering for all budgets. For lunch you should check out the menu del-dia’s (menu of the day), available in most restaurants and usually priced around 1000-1500ptas for a 3-course meal with wine. One of my favourite places to eat is Les Quinze Nits located in Placa Reial. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced, around (£10-15) a head, including wine. It is worth remembering that restaurants in Spain don’t usually open until 9pm in the evening.

• jstrack5's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Not Worth It! Terrible Food, Terrible Service

by jstrack5 Written Apr 14, 2005

Les Quinze Nits did not live up to these comments at all. After waiting in line for an hour or so, we were seated and told what items were unavailable. Many of the fish and meat items had sold out for the day. Service was fast, but only because they wanted to get us out of there to seat more people. Salad was wilted, entree was lukewarm and honestly tasted like it could've been done in the microwave. Yeah, it was all really cheap...as always, you get what you pay for.

This experience represented the worst of American dining, but in Barcelona: low prices, fast service, well-decorated space, a long line of people, terrible quality and even worse service. Do yourself a favor - avoid the line, find something on your own that's further away from Las Ramblas and Placa Reial, pay a little more, and have a good dining experience.

Favorite Dish: The ice cream was OK.

• vardaman's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Tourists standing in a que because it is long

by vardaman Updated May 27, 2005

Do not waste your time standing in the line to get into this place. People see a line and they have to go jump in it. This food at this place was as bland and tasteless as I've ever had. Was it bad? No.... it had absolutely no taste. Undeniably, this place has great aesthetic appeal. I actually sat at another restaurant and watched the que next door grow nearly all the way out to the fountain with British tourists, while we enjoyed a bottle of great merlot . It was really quite a site.

• Yijie's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Queue early!

by Yijie Updated Jun 12, 2005
    Choices made at Les Quinze Nits

There is certainly a high class ambience in Les Quinze Nits and the food here is well-prepared i.e. taste and presentation for really affordable prices. If you have not known, it is actually a culinary school and your meals are prepared by its students. The restaurant opens at 8.30pm for dinner but the queue starts forming close to 8. My tactic is: Around 7.30pm, check out the menu on its front door first, make your choices and start queueing close to 8. When you are shown to your table, make your order and just enjoy... :)

Favorite Dish: I can't really make up my mind as all the dishes are really quite good, including the sangria (red wine punch). However, I do find the paella somehow lacking, when I compared to other paellas I tried in Spain after my dinner here.

• kbl's Profile Photo

Les 15 Nits: Les 15 Nits

by kbl Written Aug 24, 2002

No reservation possible. Go there around 8 and stay in line (don't be scared if there are more then 50 people standing in front of you, it's worth it...)

Favorite Dish: Just make your choice, it's really excellent.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Les Quinze Nits: Good Spanish and French food

by Bob_Shan Written Apr 27, 2005
    Les Quinze Nits

There are long queues everyday, you should go a little bit early (before 9pm) so that not to wait too much.

Favorite Dish: Salad, mixed of French fris and spicy sausages.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Les Quinze Nits
4.0 out of 5 stars