Mi Burrito Y Yo, Barcelona

by xaver
    mi burrito y yo
    by call_me_rhia
  • xaver's Profile Photo

mi burrito y yo: excellent meat dishes

by xaver Written Nov 11, 2002

photo by call_me_rhia

It's a really nice restaurant not far from Ramblas where you can eat a really great selection of meat dishes, the atmospheare is intimate and the wine is very good too.

Favorite Dish: It was the first time that I ate escargots, a bit heavy to digest, but definitly tasty!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

mi burrito y yo: famous carne a la brasa

by call_me_rhia Updated Nov 1, 2002

mi burrito y yo

First we liked the name: my donkey and I, then we liked the food - wonderful excellent catalan food. It's in an old restaurant and bar. The restaurant is on the first floor while on the ground floor there's the bar... and please note the bar stools: it's horses' saddles. The restaurant specialises in grilled meats.

Favorite Dish: two favourite meals: the roasted lamb and the escargot (basically snails) cooked with bacon. About wine: their "own" red wine (vino tinto de la casa) has a really fun label, in case you are a collector

• Mi Burrito y Yo: Don't ever eat at this restaurant

by lilleben Written Apr 7, 2010

We had an long weekend Barcelona. We were so happy. We walked in the small streets and were stopped by to menn working at this place. They told us that it was a very good steakhouse. We talked and went inside.. Big mistake.. Bad food!! Well done steak.. very bloddy... The meal is by fare the worst i ever had eaten.

• Mi Burrito Y Yo: Head waiter awful - left without ordering

by figment88 Updated Oct 5, 2003

I left after only a couple of beers. The head waiter sat several small parties ahead of me, so he could give me the worst table in the house. I didn´t mind too much except I waited 45 minutes and then he insisted I sit at the table before it was even cleaned.

Favorite Dish: I didn´t actually eat anything but I had the opportunity to watch all of the dishes being prepared on the grill. Do not try to economize by ordering the less expensive entrees - the chicken, the rabbit, the sausage, and the most popular kebob all looked really horrible. The fish looked pretty good, and the large cut of meat and the mixed grill looked the best.

If you want to save money, skip the starters. The salads looked really poor for €7-9. Better yet, if you really want grilled meat in Barcelona, drink enough sangria until you can barely walk and then stumble to Burger King.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Mi Burrito Y Yo
4.0 out of 5 stars