Moaz Falafel, Barcelona

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 9 Reviews

Carrer Ferran

All set to eat to my hearts content...
    by Alex-Perth
    YUUUUMMMYYY!!!
    by Alex-Perth
    Amigo y Yo
    by vivaBarca
  • jhoolko's Profile Photo

Moaz Falafel: And Other Options...

by jhoolko Updated Apr 4, 2011

For the first month of my stay in Barcelona, everyone I knew was nearly addicted to Maoz. It seemed so cheap, and you could refill your pita as much as you liked with their selection of vegetable toppings. What could be better!? Well, turns out there was something better. At Pita Inn, A competing falafel chain (and home of such delicacies as the pizza roll), instead of paying nearly five Euros for the falafel, you could pay 1.99 and get exactly the same thing. Their selection of vegetables was not as varied, but if you're looking for cheap eats of the falafel variety, head to Pita Inn. And opt for the location on c/ Ferran instead of the Ramblas one, it's a little cleaner and a bit quieter, and Ferran is a wonderful street to explore.

• Study Abroad

• Tracyden's Profile Photo

Moaz: Great for veggies on the move

by Tracyden Written Apr 10, 2010

Brilliant little pit stops around Barcelona. Great value as you can return and refill you pitta or pot with the yummy salads until you are full. Plus if all the salad is a little too healthy - you can get chips. Yum

Take away or eat in these places seem v.popular with the local students and you may struggle to get a perch.

Favorite Dish: The salads are varied, plentiful and yummy - and the chips are also brill

• Moaz Falafel: Maoz

by socheid Updated Dec 30, 2007

Maoz is tops. Quick, tasty, nutritious food at bargain prices that are friendly to even the cheapest of budgets. At time of writing there are 3 in Barcelona:-

Carrer de Ferran 13 (08002) (near Liceu Metro, just off La Rambla)
    Tel +34 653 847 653

95 La Rambla (08001) (near Liceu metro)
    Tel +34 653 847 653

Calle de Jaume (near Jaume metro)
    Tel +34 653 847 653

Favorite Dish: Simple menu - falafel with or without humous and there are also chips (aka french fries) if you like. Serve yourself salad

Open long hours til 3 am 7 days a week

Absolutely superb set up and unsurprisingly they are attracting competition. A place has opened on Carrer Nou de la Rambla (10 metres off La Rambla near Liceu metro) called "Falafel". It is a straight copy of the Maoz set up.

There is also a place called "Organic" that has a wider choice of food but also does falafel sandwiches. It is maybe 50 metres off La Rambla on Carrer Pintor Fortuny and that seems to make a difference as it doesn´t seem to get so crowded.

• Alex-Perth's Profile Photo

Moaz Vegetarian: Never Ending Meal

by Alex-Perth Written Sep 15, 2007

YUUUUMMMYYY!!!

This little food stop has the most delicious food available... So filling and so tasty and the good thing about it is that you can go back for seconds and thirds... That's if you can fit anything else in. Very reasonably priced and did I say delicious?? Just in case you didn't get it I'll just say it's delicious... This place can be found just off the Ramblas...
    You can either have it in a bun or in a container... I opted for the container so that I could go back for seconds, then I went back for thirds to take back to my apartment to eat the next day, which came in very handy when I was delayed at the airport for 5 hours... Such a satisying healthy meal... They have a few stores world wide... One even here in Perth!!!

Favorite Dish: I loved everything they had on offer so there wasn't anything I didn't like...

The picture says it all..

• clmbsb's Profile Photo

Moaz Falafel: I want one here

by clmbsb Written Jul 9, 2007

Oh how i love Moaz. We have visted Moaz all over europe and cannot get enough. For a cheap filling snack/meal you cannot do any better. €3.90 buys you a pitta bread with 3-4 falfel balls which you then top up with as much salad as you can get in there.

Lovely lovely lovely, go get some!!!

• JennaNC's Profile Photo

Moaz Falafel: delicious falafel and delicious employees, too!

by JennaNC Written Apr 15, 2007

I spent a few months studying in Barce and my relationship with maoz slowly because a deadly obsession...just kidding, but I was addicted. For 5 euro I would get the falafel (not in pita, cause I liked to keep adding more toppings as I ate...) the fries (with ketchup and mayo, I know..healthy, right?) and a drink. If you're on a budget, it is great because you can seriously gorge yourself to the max--ie...spend less on snacks, etc. plus, although it isn't the most healthy food, you do get fresh veggies, hummus, and salsas to put on your falafel. Best thing about the whole place ? the sexy ass guys who work there--they listen to great music while they work and are playful--the adorable boy with dark features will make all the tourists speak spanish to order.
    ps. warning: this is right on las ramblas, so it's panhandler central. I had a gypsy woman seriously walk up and try to take my fries away (if she had only known that i would have fought to the death for those suckers!), just be aware of your stuff and your valuables

• Study Abroad

• Moaz Falafel: Best Falaffel & Hummus in town (so cheap too)

by vivaBarca Written Jun 25, 2005

Amigo y Yo

This place is basically a fast-food falaffel joint. All I have to say about it is...I've been to Israel twice, and this is the best falaffel I've ever had. And it's so cheap!

Favorite Dish: Little tip for you: If you don't take your falafel to go, you can keep adding on the fixins' to your falaffel. I was there once and kept filling up my falafell with lettuce, cucumbers, etc. after every few bites. I was stuffed for the entire day!

• zizkov's Profile Photo

Maoz: Falafel and salad

by zizkov Updated Apr 14, 2005

Confession: did not eat in Maoz in Barcelona, but did eat in Maoz Paris. All look very similar: very brightly lit, mainly for takeaway but with a few small tables.

All vegetarian: falafel in a pita (with houmus/aubergine if wished) served in a wrapper, and as much salad and sauce as you can pile on. About a dozen choices to add. Chips also available.

Three branches (I think): lower end of Ramblas; near Placa Reial, and near Ajuntament. Open late (2am?)

Also branches in Amsterdam and London.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Maoz Falafel

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

Maoz Falafel

Favorite Dish: If you're on a budget, try this great little falafel stand just off La Rambla. I had the greatest falafel I've ever had here. So good and so cheap!

Instant Answers: Barcelona