Moka, Barcelona

3.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Ramblas 126

• Moka: Needs lessons in customer service

by davidn59 Written Feb 13, 2011

This restaurant felt like a comfortable and economic place for a family of five to eat. So we ordered our five meals. Four meals came and we completely finished them (so they didn't get cold) and the fifth was still to arrive. The waiter did apologise profusely. And a little while later he apologised profusley again. The manager did nothing except shrug her shoulders and say "can do nothing". Eventually the meal arrived. There was no dicsount offered when we left. Upon my complaint they grudgingly took the cost of the bread of the bill. We had not ordered the bread!

• hevbell's Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: MOKA

by hevbell Updated Jun 17, 2006

I think this may actually be part of a chain but I only noticed the one location, on Las Ramblas. Considering this its a pretty reasonably priced place and didn't feel too touristy despite the mult-lingual menu. A fairly wide ranging menu although their speciality is Paella which I wish I had tried now :( It was a little outside my €10 spend limit though at €12.

Its a pretty casual place, I liked it. You can eat at the bar, at a table or outside but the latter will cost you 20% more.

Favorite Dish: I went here twice. The first time I sat at the bar and just had a Spanish Omellette which was tasty and filling and also served with pa amb tomaquet [bread rubbed with olive oil, garlic and tomato].

On my next visit I had pasta with bolognaise sauce. I liked that you could choose which type of pasta you wanted - spaghetti, fusilli etc and then the sauce you wanted from a list of about 4 or 5.

Moka restaurant

• Turska's Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: Simply and cheap

by Turska Written May 1, 2006

We just wanted something cheap and quick.and the name was fun,i Finish it means you did something stupid,so you made a moka.We didn´t tell them,I bet they have heard it allready.Food was little boring,but o.k.

Favorite Dish: Creme catalana was better than my chicken!

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Moka
4.5 out of 5 stars