Moka, Barcelona

• hevbell's Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: MOKA

by hevbell Updated Jun 17, 2006

Moka restaurant

I think this may actually be part of a chain but I only noticed the one location, on Las Ramblas. Considering this its a pretty reasonably priced place and didn't feel too touristy despite the mult-lingual menu. A fairly wide ranging menu although their speciality is Paella which I wish I had tried now :( It was a little outside my €10 spend limit though at €12.

Its a pretty casual place, I liked it. You can eat at the bar, at a table or outside but the latter will cost you 20% more.

Favorite Dish: I went here twice. The first time I sat at the bar and just had a Spanish Omellette which was tasty and filling and also served with pa amb tomaquet [bread rubbed with olive oil, garlic and tomato].

On my next visit I had pasta with bolognaise sauce. I liked that you could choose which type of pasta you wanted - spaghetti, fusilli etc and then the sauce you wanted from a list of about 4 or 5.

• yokomm....'s Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: Try croissant

by yokomm.... Written May 8, 2005

barcelona

This restaurant is in Ramblas street. It's good for light meal. All staffs were kind and showed me hospitality so that I impressed thoroughly.

Favorite Dish: Everything good, coffee,beer and tapas. I want to say Croissant was tremendously goood at the point of texsture and taste.

• goingplaces's Profile Photo

Restaurant Moka: Mmm, Paella!

by goingplaces Written Dec 9, 2002

Restaurant Moka is a chain restaurant with locations within Barcelona. The waitstaff was very friendly, and the sangria was very good. In the rear of the restaurant you can see your meals prepared, and it's kind of neat to watch.

Favorite Dish: Paella! Mmm, I love paella! My travelmate and I split an order, and it was wonderful. I've heard that if paella makes it to your table in less than 25 minutes, then it isn't going to be any good. We waited quite awhile, for sure. In the meantime we were given an appetizer of olives...mmmm, something else I love! Spanish olives!

• mannaz85's Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: ¡Las bravas!

by mannaz85 Written Jan 13, 2005

The restaraunt, as I remember it (finally getting around to writing this almost a year after the fact), has walls with old movie posters. The restaraunt is open without being too open. Easy access from La Rambla but divided from it. Tables are close together. Moka offers paellas, lasagna.

Favorite Dish: Patatas bravas, they were the perfect combination of flavors, not too spicy (not spicy enough for me though) and the sauce that came with them which I think was aioli was delicious.

If you go, ask for the recipe! Share it with me! ;D

One of these days I'll get around to writing them, almost a year later I'm still thinking of those bravas, that's how good they were.

I don't really remember prices so don't pay a lot of attention to what I picked, it forced me to pick something.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: Simply and cheap

by Turska Written May 1, 2006

We just wanted something cheap and quick.and the name was fun,i Finish it means you did something stupid,so you made a moka.We didn´t tell them,I bet they have heard it allready.Food was little boring,but o.k.

Favorite Dish: Creme catalana was better than my chicken!

• greenfalcon7's Profile Photo

Moka: Moka

by greenfalcon7 Written Aug 26, 2002

This restaurant is a paella specialty house. Here's the surprising part - it's off the Ramblas, it's a touristy spot, and....it also serves the best paella we had during our whole trip. I'd like to think that I know my paella too - I was born in Spain.
    I know you'd imagine getting the worst, touristy food along Las Ramblas - but, hey, expect the unexpected. Prices are good too.

Favorite Dish: Paella

• Hnewitt's Profile Photo

Moka Restaurant.: Moka Restaurant.

by Hnewitt Written Aug 25, 2002

Good atmosphere, will not rip you off. Good selection of booze and the food and service is good. HAS VEGETARIAN FOOD. Building was shot at by George Orwell from across the street during war.

Favorite Dish: Good selection of food ranging from traditional Spanish dishes, pasta, pizza, to everything. Has a vegetarian selection.

• Moka: Needs lessons in customer service

by davidn59 Written Feb 13, 2011

This restaurant felt like a comfortable and economic place for a family of five to eat. So we ordered our five meals. Four meals came and we completely finished them (so they didn't get cold) and the fifth was still to arrive. The waiter did apologise profusely. And a little while later he apologised profusley again. The manager did nothing except shrug her shoulders and say "can do nothing". Eventually the meal arrived. There was no dicsount offered when we left. Upon my complaint they grudgingly took the cost of the bread of the bill. We had not ordered the bread!

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Moka
4.5 out of 5 stars