Naturist Self Service, Barcelona

by kymbanm
  • kymbanm's Profile Photo

Self Naturista: Vegetarian to Go

by kymbanm Updated Apr 4, 2011

When wandering urban streets I don't usually plan my meals, I wait for the urge to strike me by way of tummy growls. Unfortunately, this can lead to some bad, bad, meals. This particular day I was ever so lucky to wander by a Self Naturista and nosh on healthy AND yummy eats :)

Located off of Las Ramblas on Santa Anna (one of the smaller pedestrian style streets) and not far from Placa Catalunya, this cafeteria style health food/vegetarian restaurant fit the bill nicely. For only 7Euro I had a filling, yummy and wholesome meal. I was able to choose from several entrees, 2 sides, bread, dessert AND a drink for this wonderfully low price! I was a happy camper indeed.

I ended up getting a wonderful baked potato, grilled wild mushrooms, asparagus and strawberries on crema catalana ....... though it sounds simple my taste buds were dancing.

So do yourself a favor and just try this place if you wander by. You'll enjoy it!

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

Naturist Self Service: More than 25 th yrs of Naturist Self Service

by silvia-m.b Updated Jan 1, 2008

Òscar Colom is the owner of this restaurant in Barcelona's Downtown. Vegetarian meal is served everyday with love and cleaness. No meat or fish. Ecological products. No alcohol or coffee

Favorite Dish: Paella, soup, canneloni, potatoes, pizza, gluten, apples....all is GREAT! All that you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Much More!!!!

• zizkov's Profile Photo

Self Naturista: Central Vegetarian

by zizkov Updated Mar 13, 2004

Did not visit last trip as I had been there previously and was in no rush to go back.

2 large rooms, a very open (exposed even) and overlit downstairs and a more ambient upstairs. The buffet was very much veggie cafeteria food with some alarmingly coloured sauces, and I didn't rate it. A lot of the diners looked quite glum, like they were eating just to fill up.

Possibly I am being unfair, as I was not in a great mood when I went, and, at lunchtime, it was certainly busy enough. It's main asset is the very central location.

I have noticed that this tip is now listed under the restaurant name 'Naturist Self Service'. I'd like to point that, at least when I was there, it was not necessary for the diners, or, thankfully, the staff, to be practising naturism.

Instant Answers: Barcelona