Pans and Company, Barcelona

by kazander
    One of the Pans
    by SirRichard
  • seamandrew's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: A better fast food choice.

by seamandrew Written Jun 12, 2004

Pans & Company would probably be my first choice for fast food in Barcelona. Simply because they offer local specialities and not American things like Hamburgers and the like. They basically offer (along with a dessert bar and coffee station) various types of Bocadillos (long thin sandwiches) with different things in them. I recommend this place if you're pressed for time or want something light.

Favorite Dish: Bocadillo Tandem.

Pans & Company

• Pans and Company: Fast Food, Spanish Style

by Jetgirly Updated Aug 5, 2006

Pans and Company is a major chain of fast food restaurants in Spain. They specialize in bocadillos (sandwiches served on baguettes). Not outstanding, not even that fast, but there is one on every corner so you can't avoid them! My favorite dish was the Bocadillo Fondue (like a grilled cheese sandwich on an olive baguette, with brie and two other cheeses) and fresh squeezed orange juice.

PS- Questionable hygeine of some employees.

• kazander's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: a quick bite

by kazander Updated Apr 29, 2004

There are Pans & Company all over the city. They have all kinds of sandwiches that are made with a really yummy, crusty bread. The pictures of all the sandwiches are behind the counter to help you decide. This is also a good tool if you're not up on your spanish. It was a good place to stop for a quick bite when you're hurrying off to the next don't miss sight.
    Some of the locations have outdoor seating, such as the one we went to on Passaig de Gracia.

Favorite Dish: I always got the ham and cheese. It's served it hot, not bad!

sugar packet..with spoon

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: Spanish take on Fast Food Sandwiches

by virtualpatrick Written Jul 10, 2010

One of the very first thing I do when jetlagged from the trans Atlantic flight to Spain is seek out a Pans & Company at the airport. I then order a jamon bocadillo sandwich and a Fanta.

Pans & Company is a Spanish fast food sandwich restaurant chain with several locations throughout the city and airport. Their focus is on bocadillo sandwiches which are like mini baguettes.

Convient, fast, and a better option than the typical western fast food chain.

• hevbell's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: PANS PEOPLE

by hevbell Updated Jun 17, 2006

This is fast food but Spanish style. Personally, when I'm on my own I don't feel terribly comfortable in proper restaurants so I tend to gravitate more to fast food places and I went here a few times. They have a lot of locations throughout the city.

They do serve burgers and hot dogs but the majority of the menu is made up of a wide variety of baguettes etc and they also have salad and coffee bars. I'd recommend it if you are looking for something quick and cheap but more locally inspired.

Favorite Dish: I had the Funwurst meal [hot dog in a baguette with chips, onion rings and a drink] which was nice but my favourite was the Provencal - chicken, mushrooms and Brie in a warm baguette so the cheese was all melted - YUM!

Pans & Co at Port Vell

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: For some good subs/sandwiches....

by Laura_Mexico Updated May 18, 2006

Even though it's fast food, I prefer this kind of stuff over McDonalds or KFC (not to offend anyone). They make good sandwiches and sell them also in packages (i.e. with chips and soda included so you can have a "complete meal"), so it's more economic than eating at a well-established restaurant. You can eat on site or take your food to go.

Favorite Dish: I found the sandwiches to be fresh and taste good, they had a fair variety and the service was OK. This chain is quite popular so you'll find several of these restaurants around Barcelona.

• Study Abroad

• stiab3's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: Baguettes galore

by stiab3 Written May 19, 2005

For a good cheap lunch . . .

They mainly do baguettes with a variety of fillings. Some of them are served hot and some cold. You can have them served with chips and a drink.

They're a quite a few of them in Barcelona . . . even at the airport.

Favorite Dish: I like the Breton sandwich - bacon and cheese.

I've also had the spanish omelette one - quite tasty but a bit stodgy.

pans

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

Pans and Company: Pans and Company

by Audrey118 Written Aug 25, 2002

It is everywhere...just look out for the bright yellow sign. I wished it was at the airport...could have one for the road!!!!

Favorite Dish: Everthing was good.
    It is a fast food place....beats burger.

Famous for its crusty Catalan-style 'entrepans', or sandwiches, made with fresh, crunchy Spanish bread.

Some has Catalan sausages, such as fuet (Vic), and Iberian ham.

But we went for the warm stuff. My friend had steak, while we had the chicken. You can buy them in sets of value meals (about 5 euros), which includes a drink (the orange is nice), and either fries or thick chips. The thick chips comes with lots of mayo on top.

• Pans and Company: avoid at all costs

by Florrien Written Aug 5, 2009

Myself and my children went to a Pans and Company outlet in the centre of Barcelona. I have a good knowledge of French and I can get by speaking in German - but this being a weekend break in Barcelona - I admit that my Catalan is not up to scratch. However, I really, really have a problem with staff in an establishment such as this taking complete advantage of someone who does not speak the language very well - and RIPPING THEM OFF!! I ordered, 3 baguettes, 2 with fries a chicken salad and four cokes. 32 EUROS! And to top it all they did not provide the fries or the chicken salad and then when I went to the counter I was greeted by a pan-faced youth who shrugged his shoulders at me and pointed to a receipt, indicating I should check mine. Of course I had not been given a receipt. So, this company obvioulsy chooses to take in the beggars who harrass you in Placa Catalunya put them in uniforms and allow them to continue to ply their trade under the protection of a corporate uniform. Go to McDonalds instead!

Favorite Dish: the door out of that dump was the best thing about the restaurant.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Pans and Company

by SirRichard Written Sep 8, 2003

If you want a quick and cheap meal based on baguette style sandwiches, this is your place. This fast food chain offers also good salads. The jamon serrano sandwich is my favourite here...

One of the Pans

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Hotels Near Pans and Company
4.5 out of 5 stars