Shoes / Clothes, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Shoes / Clothes
    by sergeis
  • iloveBCNo5's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Trend Shopping

by iloveBCNo5 Written Jul 11, 2006

If you're looking for great shopping, Barcelona is the place. If you're in the Placa Catalunya area check out Placa Angel. It's right off Catalunya with TONS of stores - Most of the clothes you are looking for can be found here - If you have specific questions send me an email and I can find out for you

What to buy: Fashion is very important in BCN so the trends are ahead of the US and after returning to the states it was obvious to see - If you see local women wearing it, BUY it! You'll regret it if you don't get whatever it is you're looking at in barca - I studied over there and was broke buy the end so I wasn't able to buy all the stuff I wanted to - next trip over there is strictly a shopping trip, and I'm not really a big shopper in the states

What to pay: Due to Euro/$ conversion you do lose a little money but most prices are fair - you can spend a lot though if you want

• Camper & H&M: Shoes & Basics

by PrettyDigital Written Jun 18, 2006

Camper shoes are somewhere between a child & adults mind. They're made with style & give comfort. I swept up a pair, and could easily have went for 3 more styles, but I got cheap with my budget. My husband picked up 3 pairs in 1 go!

H&M of Barcelona isn't afraid to sell black in the summer. for €128, I got 9 great new pieces in my wardrobe, and for a little more, my husband got 10 pieces. Barcelona has a great sense of style, both classic & street style.

What to buy: I'm a native New Yorker living in Ireland, and the fashion in Ireland sucks. I'll be returning to Barcelona to shop for EVERYTHING, Shoes & Clothes. There are a few places that aim the garish bright colors toward the grey cloudy countries, so just walk on by. If you have good taste, this city will please you.

What to pay: Prices were lower than New York, but the conversion will kill you. Cheaper than most EU countries.

• LeaJoy's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Main shopping districts in Barcelona

by LeaJoy Updated Dec 9, 2005

I visited Barcelona in July, the time when summer sales start, so I was able to shop till I drop :)) for bargain prices. If you go there in winter, sales start around January 10th.
    Barcelona's main shopping districts are around Placa de Catalunya (where El Corte Ingles is, one of the best department stores), Passeig de Gracia (Max Mara, Escada, Zara) and Av. Diagonal.
    My favourite Spanish store is Bershka, located in Av. Portal d´Angel. Clothes here are really cool and also really cheap.
    If you're into designer clothes, Av. Diagonal is the place for you. Shops along here include Calvin Klein, Armani, Versace and Gucci.
    One last thing, stay away from Las Ramblas when going shopping. This is a popular tourist attraction so things are really overpriced.

• Shoes / Clothes: barcelona

by Sammiebabyxx Updated Aug 4, 2005

barcelona is very busy and very hot, it's difficult yo find good shops but once you have found them it's ll good you will find loads of bargins and there is a shoppin mall 9 stories high where you find absoulutly everythin you need

What to buy: clothes and shoes! you will find moutians of shoe shops they are every where i was in heaven!! xx

What to pay: depends on what you want but i brought a really nice top not designer and it was 13 euros aprox £9.00

Shoes / Clothes: Rather less expensive

by DPando Written Jun 15, 2005

Not so much expensive clothes could be found in portaferrisa street and portal del Angel, avinyo street (Loft store) well this last is likely the most expensive in this small area..but altogether the clothe is rather reasonable

What to buy: Clothes mostly

Shoes / Clothes: Bloody expensive

by DPando Written Jun 15, 2005

The most fashin quarter right now in BCN is el Born o Barri de la Marina where is place Santa Maria del Mar basilica....
    Among Born promenade and palau square closer to France railwas station there are some finest firms with great clothes but really expensive...
    Go there and take a look!! it worth wile anyway

Shoes / Clothes: Rahter Expensive

by DPando Written Jun 15, 2005

Barcelona is quite expensive, indeed those who come from UK
    There are a lot of international firms with fashionable stores along and across the downtown
    Passeig de Gracia is bloody expensive , from Vinçon store to wealthy jewleries, with the exception of some stores as Zara or Massimo Dutti
    You can find everything there if you are ready to spent a lot of money lol

What to pay: So much!!

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Shopping for picky, economical ladies

by listenandlearn Written May 26, 2005

One of my favourite shopping stores

I particularly like shopping at this store called: Sisley. I always seem to find discounted and very specially designed clothes which is about the latest fashion. They do have 8 stores all over Barcelona, but the one I normally like shopping is the one loated at Passeig de Grácia, 49.

What to buy: Summer clothes are usually in latest fashion as well as they come in super sales.

What to pay: well, I would rather buy two dressy pants but with quality and I would spend about 130 Euros each pants but this would be quality as I don´t like having too many clothes but looking cheap...so, two quality pants is good for few months.

Shoes / Clothes: Zara

by emilybcn Written May 2, 2005

Zara is somewhat like a department store, it is mostly for women but the branch on Passeig de Gracia and Portal de Angel have a floor for men as well. Zara has cute basic tank tops and jeans, it includes a women's section and a junior's department as well as a mens floor in the Zara's on Passeig de Gracia and Portal d'Angel(also children's here). I would recommend Zara for quick basics you might need while on vacation(cheap tanktops, sandals).

What to buy: cute shirts, shoes, purses, basics.

What to pay: zara ranges from 6 euro for a tanktop to 200 euro for an expensive jacket.

Shoes / Clothes: Mango

by emilybcn Updated May 1, 2005

SHIRT AND PANTS FROM MANGO!

There are several mangos in Barcelona and they stand out from the other young women's stores because the clothes are affordable and of pretty good quality. I've gotten a lot of compliments on things here in the U.S that I bought at Mango. They have a lot of cute shirts and purses..

What to buy: shirts for going out, purses,jeans.

What to pay: very affordable from 12 -40 euro on a blouse, even less during the sales in January and August.

Shoes / Clothes: great deals, tons of shoes

by emilybcn Written Feb 9, 2005

My favorite area for shopping in Barcelona was portal d'angel and the surrounding areas.

What to buy: There a tons of cute and original shoe shops in Barcelona, especially boots.

What to pay: Portal de angel is a moderately priced area compared to the more upscale passeig de gracia and diagonal.

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Shawls, hats and other romantic things

by LanaFromRiga Written Oct 11, 2004

Lana in Shawls world

On streets of Barcelona you can see many small shops and there ladies can find very interesting things for themselves.

What to buy: By the way if you will go to one of many churches in Barcelona don’t forget that women have to cover their arms. It is one of reasons why you have to buy new shawl to yourselves.

What to pay: Start price is one euro til 20.

• pepaglamour's Profile Photo

LA GAUCHE DIVINE: the best spanish design

by pepaglamour Updated Aug 2, 2004

catwalk Autumn Winter 2005

An incredible multiconcept store near las Ramblas. An example of the catalan design is the decoration of the shop with an exclusive combination of furniture from the sixties and paintings and sculptures all around.
    The shop includes a little corner wher you can have a drink while watching the latest trend publications and an inner patio with plants and sculptures

What to buy: They have a lot of clothes and accesories for men and women, the most original pieces you can find in Barcelona
    Don't miss the courreges mini dresses brought from Japan and the catwalks and special events they organize every month.

What to pay: The prices are medium-high depending on the designer, but very reasonable for the quality they offer

• Theater Travel

• LA GAUCHE DIVINE: fashion and art near las Ramblas

by michelle30 Updated Jul 10, 2004

lagauchedivine

I was walking around in Barrio Gotico and I found an incredible boutique. The decoration of the shop is wonderful, pink walls, sculptures and paintings all around and furniture from well known designers, such as Mies van der Rohe or Sarinen.
    The clothes are also special, they have the best spanish designers and some german and french designers too. My boy friend and I bought a lot of clothes for both of us and they invited us to a coffee.
    The owners of the shop are very kind and they speak almost every european language so we did not have any problems to make us understand.

What to buy: I was surprised with the courreges dresses I found there. I haven't found this models anywhere else.
    The expo they had when we were there was also great and the prices were correct.

What to pay: between 30 and 600 I would say. This is the range of prices I saw in the shop.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Spanish Leather

by nicolettart Written Apr 29, 2004

You must buy leather in Barcelona! We found an incredible little shop near the Columbus Monument (down by the water). They custom-made their shoes, and they had bags, luggage, and everything was of course stitched by hand. I have a great brown leather knapsack that is the best souvenir I bought in Barcelona!

Instant Answers: Barcelona