Shoes / Clothes, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Shoes / Clothes
    by sergeis
    Barcelona design shop
    by mbozturk
  • Shoes / Clothes
    by sergeis
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Camper: Camper: These shoes are made for walking!!!

by Belsaita Updated Aug 30, 2007

part of my own collection :-)

I should admit I'm addicted to these shoes. They are not cheap, true... but they last for ages! Comfortable, excellent quality and unique design. As they motto says: "walk, don't run".

In the pic you can see my little "collection": 8 pairs that I actually wear, including summer and winter seasons. 2 of them from this season, others are pretty old but still on use. Recently I decided to trow away a few more pairs... a couple of these were more than 10 years old!

What to buy: Shoes, shoes, shoes.... I like specially the "twins" series, why your right foot should feel the same than your left one?? :-)

• Women's Travel

• LeaJoy's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Main shopping districts in Barcelona

by LeaJoy Updated Dec 9, 2005

I visited Barcelona in July, the time when summer sales start, so I was able to shop till I drop :)) for bargain prices. If you go there in winter, sales start around January 10th.
    Barcelona's main shopping districts are around Placa de Catalunya (where El Corte Ingles is, one of the best department stores), Passeig de Gracia (Max Mara, Escada, Zara) and Av. Diagonal.
    My favourite Spanish store is Bershka, located in Av. Portal d´Angel. Clothes here are really cool and also really cheap.
    If you're into designer clothes, Av. Diagonal is the place for you. Shops along here include Calvin Klein, Armani, Versace and Gucci.
    One last thing, stay away from Las Ramblas when going shopping. This is a popular tourist attraction so things are really overpriced.

• pepaglamour's Profile Photo

LA GAUCHE DIVINE: the best spanish design

by pepaglamour Updated Aug 2, 2004

catwalk Autumn Winter 2005

An incredible multiconcept store near las Ramblas. An example of the catalan design is the decoration of the shop with an exclusive combination of furniture from the sixties and paintings and sculptures all around.
    The shop includes a little corner wher you can have a drink while watching the latest trend publications and an inner patio with plants and sculptures

What to buy: They have a lot of clothes and accesories for men and women, the most original pieces you can find in Barcelona
    Don't miss the courreges mini dresses brought from Japan and the catwalks and special events they organize every month.

What to pay: The prices are medium-high depending on the designer, but very reasonable for the quality they offer

• Theater Travel

• LA GAUCHE DIVINE: fashion and art near las Ramblas

by michelle30 Updated Jul 10, 2004

lagauchedivine

I was walking around in Barrio Gotico and I found an incredible boutique. The decoration of the shop is wonderful, pink walls, sculptures and paintings all around and furniture from well known designers, such as Mies van der Rohe or Sarinen.
    The clothes are also special, they have the best spanish designers and some german and french designers too. My boy friend and I bought a lot of clothes for both of us and they invited us to a coffee.
    The owners of the shop are very kind and they speak almost every european language so we did not have any problems to make us understand.

What to buy: I was surprised with the courreges dresses I found there. I haven't found this models anywhere else.
    The expo they had when we were there was also great and the prices were correct.

What to pay: between 30 and 600 I would say. This is the range of prices I saw in the shop.

Shoes / Clothes: great deals, tons of shoes

by emilybcn Written Feb 9, 2005

My favorite area for shopping in Barcelona was portal d'angel and the surrounding areas.

What to buy: There a tons of cute and original shoe shops in Barcelona, especially boots.

What to pay: Portal de angel is a moderately priced area compared to the more upscale passeig de gracia and diagonal.

Shoes / Clothes: Mango

by emilybcn Updated May 1, 2005

SHIRT AND PANTS FROM MANGO!

There are several mangos in Barcelona and they stand out from the other young women's stores because the clothes are affordable and of pretty good quality. I've gotten a lot of compliments on things here in the U.S that I bought at Mango. They have a lot of cute shirts and purses..

What to buy: shirts for going out, purses,jeans.

What to pay: very affordable from 12 -40 euro on a blouse, even less during the sales in January and August.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Spanish Leather

by nicolettart Written Apr 29, 2004

You must buy leather in Barcelona! We found an incredible little shop near the Columbus Monument (down by the water). They custom-made their shoes, and they had bags, luggage, and everything was of course stitched by hand. I have a great brown leather knapsack that is the best souvenir I bought in Barcelona!

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Shopping for picky, economical ladies

by listenandlearn Written May 26, 2005

One of my favourite shopping stores

I particularly like shopping at this store called: Sisley. I always seem to find discounted and very specially designed clothes which is about the latest fashion. They do have 8 stores all over Barcelona, but the one I normally like shopping is the one loated at Passeig de Grácia, 49.

What to buy: Summer clothes are usually in latest fashion as well as they come in super sales.

What to pay: well, I would rather buy two dressy pants but with quality and I would spend about 130 Euros each pants but this would be quality as I don´t like having too many clothes but looking cheap...so, two quality pants is good for few months.

• jhoolko's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Eclectic Shopping in Raval

by jhoolko Written Mar 8, 2007

If you've been shoppping in Barcelona, chances are you've gotten your fair share of Zara and H&M. But for something really original, head into El Raval. Take a right on c/ Bonsucces or c/ Tallers. The latter, in particular has one incredible, nameless vintage store with an incredible selection of boots. It's on your left a few doors down. There's purchases to be made for every budget, and the area is an exciting, eclectic change from your typical shopping experience.

• Study Abroad
    • Singles

• iloveBCNo5's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Trend Shopping

by iloveBCNo5 Written Jul 11, 2006

If you're looking for great shopping, Barcelona is the place. If you're in the Placa Catalunya area check out Placa Angel. It's right off Catalunya with TONS of stores - Most of the clothes you are looking for can be found here - If you have specific questions send me an email and I can find out for you

What to buy: Fashion is very important in BCN so the trends are ahead of the US and after returning to the states it was obvious to see - If you see local women wearing it, BUY it! You'll regret it if you don't get whatever it is you're looking at in barca - I studied over there and was broke buy the end so I wasn't able to buy all the stuff I wanted to - next trip over there is strictly a shopping trip, and I'm not really a big shopper in the states

What to pay: Due to Euro/$ conversion you do lose a little money but most prices are fair - you can spend a lot though if you want

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Shawls, hats and other romantic things

by LanaFromRiga Written Oct 11, 2004

Lana in Shawls world

On streets of Barcelona you can see many small shops and there ladies can find very interesting things for themselves.

What to buy: By the way if you will go to one of many churches in Barcelona don’t forget that women have to cover their arms. It is one of reasons why you have to buy new shawl to yourselves.

What to pay: Start price is one euro til 20.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Avinguda del Portal de l'Angel

by Maggies Updated Oct 9, 2006

Avinguda del Portal de l'Angel

This pedestrian street is full of popular spanish shops. Amongst them few Zara shops, Massimo Dutti and Mango. There are also few shoe shops here and another El Corte Ingles, with library, music and IT department.

• Luxury Travel

Shoes / Clothes: Zara

by emilybcn Written May 2, 2005

Zara is somewhat like a department store, it is mostly for women but the branch on Passeig de Gracia and Portal de Angel have a floor for men as well. Zara has cute basic tank tops and jeans, it includes a women's section and a junior's department as well as a mens floor in the Zara's on Passeig de Gracia and Portal d'Angel(also children's here). I would recommend Zara for quick basics you might need while on vacation(cheap tanktops, sandals).

What to buy: cute shirts, shoes, purses, basics.

What to pay: zara ranges from 6 euro for a tanktop to 200 euro for an expensive jacket.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: the typical espadrille

by chicabonita Updated Feb 22, 2009

According to our travel guide even Cathrine Zeta-Jones buys here the espadrilles ... now me too :-)

Cathrine wasn't in but several old elegant Spanish ladies buying new ones for the summer to come.

After finding the correct size it starts to get difficut. Which color should I choose? Yellow, no turquoise or maybe orange ... just black would also be beautiful but isn't it to boring? What about light green or olive, maybe purple? Difficult, difficult ....

Finally I bought a pair in orange and on in light blue.

What to buy: espadrille, espadrilles and more espadrilles

• Women's Travel

• draguza's Profile Photo

Shoes / Clothes: Avenida Potal de l'Angel

by draguza Written May 5, 2009

Avenida

What to buy: In this lovely street you will find many new and stylish shops including one of the "El Corte Ingles" store (a famous department store chain in Barcelona)

This road marks the beginning of 5 km shopping line