Boats, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

The coastline from afar
    by bisous333
    Trying to be brave on the bumpy ride
    by bisous333
  • Boats
    by neilward
  • bisous333's Profile Photo

A very boring cruise

by bisous333 Written Apr 4, 2008

At the Port, closest metro Drassanes L3, you will find a little cruise boat that takes you out for 1.5 hours along the coast line. One do not take this cruise unless like us you have the Barcelona card which lets you board for free, rather than paying the 11.50EUR as it really is a boring cruise, you don't see much at all and it doesn't justify the time you are on the water. The only highlight was that the water was very stormy so we felt liek we were on a rollercoaster, (dunno if that's a good thing for you). Instead head for the nearby aquarium on the pier side.

Trying to be brave on the bumpy ride The coastline from afar
    • Beaches
    • Cruise
    • Sailing and Boating

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

By ferry from Livorno to Barcelona

by jacquisuiza Written Oct 15, 2013

Coming from Isola d’Elba we were looking for the port where Grimaldi Lines was. It was really a mess, the sent us from one place to the other some kilometers out of town. On their website it says that the port is about 15 minutes walking from city center, which is not through. We had to go to Terminal SINTERMAR. They sent us again to an other place to do the check-in. Here in the middle of nowhere with no infrastucture where waiting hundreds of marocains with their highloaded cars. I learned that the ferry will continue from Tangier. The ferry didn’t even leave from this place, it was only for check-in. My husband had to drive back home and left me here at about 1 pm. At 4 pm check-in started and then the foot passengers had to go by taxi to the ferry. I had to wait an other hour until I could go tho the boat. For my single outside cabin I paid 200 Euros, 5 for breakfast and 10 for dinner and lunch when booked in advance. At 8 pm dinner started and I was dissapointed by the food they served. Ferry left Livorno at 11.30 pm and should arrive at Barcelona at 8 pm the following day. The night was quiet and when I went to have breakfast I saw all the moroccan families sleeping in the cafeteria, in the floors and staircases. The will arrive in Tangier after a 60 hours journey. We arrived at Barcelona 1,5 hours late and there where no more buses and taxis at the terminal. So we had to walk for about 20 minutes to reach the next metro station Drassanes. I was really dissapointed by the cruise as Grimaldi has a good reputation and in no way I could expect a ship like Ikarus Palace which was really in bad condition with absolutely no infrastructure. I will take it as an other experience on one of my trips but never repeat it.

• Women's Travel