By Boat, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

The coastline from afar
  • SirRichard's Profile Photo

Golondrinas

by SirRichard Written Sep 17, 2003

Golondrinas from Colon statue

These little boats that take you around the BCN harbour (to Montjuic and back) are named "swallows" (golondrinas).
    You can go in at the harbour, in front of the Colon Statue, at the end of the Ramblas.
    I didn't, as that day was raining and grey, but on a sunny day they make a nice trip around.
    35 minutes, 3.30 euros.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Cruise

by nicolettart Updated Apr 29, 2004

We flew to Barcelona from NY, then took a cruise around the Mediterranean. at the end of our cruise we chose to remain for a while in Barcelona and see the sights at our own pace. This worked out great! I personally do not especially like cruising as a means of travel, but this was a nice way to see a few different countries. We stopped at Marseilles, Naples, Sardinia, Mallorca, and Barcelona (not necessarily in that order!).

• Hosell's Profile Photo

CRUISES SHIPS

by Hosell Written Jun 27, 2004

Barcelona is the main harbor in Spain,normally all cruises ships that departs from my country,they do it from Barcelona Harbor.Is another nice place to come to the city for a short time!.

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

Travel around Barcelona's...

by silvia-m.b Written Aug 25, 2002

Travel around Barcelona's Harbour: the city from the sea! Relax and enjoy the sun, sea and incredible views of the city in the luxury and comfort of the Catamaran Orsom. Capacity for 100 pax. Takes approximately: 1h 45 min. Inside bar service. More?
    Orsom
    Departures next to Maremagnum (harbour)

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

The best way to travel from...

by silvia-m.b Written Aug 25, 2002

The best way to travel from Barcelona to Alcúdia (Mallorca) island in only three hours! The company is called Turbocat. In only 3 hours!!! You'll go really fast!

Phone? 902/18.18.88

Web page? Turbocat

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

By ferry from Livorno to Barcelona

by jacquisuiza Written Oct 15, 2013

Coming from Isola d’Elba we were looking for the port where Grimaldi Lines was. It was really a mess, the sent us from one place to the other some kilometers out of town. On their website it says that the port is about 15 minutes walking from city center, which is not through. We had to go to Terminal SINTERMAR. They sent us again to an other place to do the check-in. Here in the middle of nowhere with no infrastucture where waiting hundreds of marocains with their highloaded cars. I learned that the ferry will continue from Tangier. The ferry didn’t even leave from this place, it was only for check-in. My husband had to drive back home and left me here at about 1 pm. At 4 pm check-in started and then the foot passengers had to go by taxi to the ferry. I had to wait an other hour until I could go tho the boat. For my single outside cabin I paid 200 Euros, 5 for breakfast and 10 for dinner and lunch when booked in advance. At 8 pm dinner started and I was dissapointed by the food they served. Ferry left Livorno at 11.30 pm and should arrive at Barcelona at 8 pm the following day. The night was quiet and when I went to have breakfast I saw all the moroccan families sleeping in the cafeteria, in the floors and staircases. The will arrive in Tangier after a 60 hours journey. We arrived at Barcelona 1,5 hours late and there where no more buses and taxis at the terminal. So we had to walk for about 20 minutes to reach the next metro station Drassanes. I was really dissapointed by the cruise as Grimaldi has a good reputation and in no way I could expect a ship like Ikarus Palace which was really in bad condition with absolutely no infrastructure. I will take it as an other experience on one of my trips but never repeat it.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• bisous333's Profile Photo

A very boring cruise

by bisous333 Written Apr 4, 2008
    Trying to be brave on the bumpy ride

At the Port, closest metro Drassanes L3, you will find a little cruise boat that takes you out for 1.5 hours along the coast line. One do not take this cruise unless like us you have the Barcelona card which lets you board for free, rather than paying the 11.50EUR as it really is a boring cruise, you don't see much at all and it doesn't justify the time you are on the water. The only highlight was that the water was very stormy so we felt liek we were on a rollercoaster, (dunno if that's a good thing for you). Instead head for the nearby aquarium on the pier side.

• Cruise
    • Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Cruizing the Mediterranean

by mvtouring Written Oct 2, 2005

Many luxury cruize boats depart from Barcelona's port. this is where we met our boat to go on an unforgetable holiday

• Cruise
    • Women's Travel

• QuimG's Profile Photo

If you arrive by boat you may...

by QuimG Written Aug 25, 2002

If you arrive by boat you may take the bus line number 20 or you will have to walk a little until the nearest subway station, Line 3 - Drassanes.

• Janina_B.'s Profile Photo

Embarking on a boat is...

by Janina_B. Written Aug 24, 2002

Embarking on a boat is sometimes the only way you can admire the Costa Brava coastline.
    This one is my favourite part: the Estartit-Escala strip.

Instant Answers: Barcelona