By Plane, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• By Plane
    by Gypsystravels
  • nyonnetti's Profile Photo

Vueling Airlines

by nyonnetti Written Dec 16, 2008

We used Vueling airlines to travel from Paris to Barcelona. Originally we were going to take an overnight train, but the overnight trains were just as expensive, if not more and were segregated by gender unless you payed extra for a private car. I found Vueling on my internet search and realized that this route would be easier. Vueling is a Spanish airline and very reliable. It was about an 1.5 hr flight from Paris to Barcelona and everything was on time. The plane was large and well maintained. Along with that, the airport in Barcelona is so close to the main tourist area- it is just a short, cheap bus ride to Placa Catalunya. Vueling not only flies from Paris to Barcelona, but includes many other cities in Spain, Rome, France, and Portugal.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Iberia

by PierreZA Written Sep 13, 2008

Madrid airport

We flew from Johannesburg to Barcelona via Madrid.
    I did not hear many positive comments about Iberia before, but it was not a bad experience. There is actually no inflight entertainment worth watching in economy class.
    The cabin crew we had on both trips were friendly and helpful.
    The prices on Iberia were also a bit cheaper than most other European airlines flying from South Africa

• eksvist's Profile Photo

By plane from Helsinki to Barcelona

by eksvist Written Apr 13, 2008
    TV in plane, where we can follow the flight path

We were travelling to Barcelona from Helsinki, Finland by Finnair plane.
    From Estonia to Helsinki we got by hydrofoil ship (1,5 hour)

They (Finnair) using Boeing planes. The food was good.
    On flying time they were offer the free alcohol (wine, sparkling wine).

There were tv in plane, where we can follow the flight path, and commercial.

When we return back from Barcelona, there was the radio with ear muffs.

Helsinki Vantaa airport is good and comfortable airport.
    Barcelona airport is quite good too ... and much bigger ...

From Barcelona airport to city you can drive by local transport, bus number. 46 (Pl. Espanya).
    Usual local price of ticket. We drive with ticket for 10 time. Price was in may 2007 - 6,90 EUR, which made the price for 1 ride 0,69 EUR (today i think, the price is higher)
    10 time tickets you can buy from kiosk in railway station. To railway station you can go by tunnel bridge (Look the photo)

Bus-stop is before the terminal B.
    There is some shuttle buses too, but they are more expensive
    With local transport and timetables you can read up on in here

• flights to barcelona

by olivias Updated Apr 11, 2008

How to travel to barcelona very easy and fast? by plane! that is why I have been looking for vuelos barcelona on the internet. you can find really cheap ones. so no more reason the doubt about going to the cosmopolitan home of Gaudi. this is where I found the cheap flights. http://www.logitravel.com/vuelos/vuelos+barcelona_es13_bcn.html

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Spanair

by Marpessa Written Jan 16, 2008

Leaving Barcelona to go to Göteborg, Sweden I had booked a flight with Spanair (with a transfer in Copenhagen, Copenhagen to Göteborg was with SAS).

We boarded the plane a bit late, but eventually we were all seated. Unfortunately we were seated and not moving for about an hour. It was only then that we were told that the airport was short on baggage handlers and that it had taken so long for us to have our baggage put in the plane that we had missed our spot on the runway for departure and may have to wait another hour or two! Not good when my connecting flight was supposed to depart 1hr15mins after the arrival of my Barcelona flight - if it had been on schedule.

Luckily 15 minutes later we were told we would be taking off. Apart from that flying with Spanair was comfortable and the flight attendants helpful when I asked questions in regards to my connecting flight. They also showed a movie (no personal screens, just one each side of the plane about every 4th or 5th row), but you had to pay for headphones.

It must have been my lucky day, as my connecting flight ended up being delayed by 1hr30mins, so I made it.

I would say Spanair is a nice airline... just hope they have enough baggage handlers.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Ryanair

by Marpessa Written Jan 16, 2008

To get to Barcelona my friends and I flew with Ryanair (from Venice Treviso). The flight was short and sweet. When I am in Europe I fly with Ryanair frequently and I have never had a problem with them. The flight attendants are always nice and helpful.

If you haven't flown with Ryanair before, just note that they serve food and drinks onboard, but you have to pay for it. You can of course always bring your own food.

From arrival at Girona (just north of Barcelona, the airport on the Ryanair website is 'Barcelona (Girona)') it is easy to grab your bags, buy a ticket for the bus to Barcelona (from a counter in the arrival hall) and then just hop on the bus. It takes just over an hour to get from the airport in Girona to the main station in Barcelona (from there you can get a taxi, bus or the metro to different areas within Barcelona).

• rshaddix's Profile Photo

airport strikes

by rshaddix Written Sep 18, 2007

My travel partner and I were completely unaware and caught off guard by a strike at the airport. We were told afterwards that this is a pretty common occurence, which apparently happens annually. Because of the Barcelona airport ground crew boycotting, we missed our flight to Madrid, and subsequently, our flight to NYC. Our airline did not have another flight out until the following Monday, so we were surprised with an extra 4 days in Spain. No complaints here whatsoever, especially b/c the travel insurance covered almost everything! We did spend the better part of 9 hours dealing with paperwork and lines in the airport. My advice: make sure you have trip insurance and call ahead to the airport.

• SueWarwick's Profile Photo

Cheap Flights

by SueWarwick Updated Jun 30, 2007
    Spain from the air

Easyjet offer very cheap flights to Barcelona airport which is just a short train or bus journey away from the city centre.
    Planes arrive and depart from terminal A at Barcelona and there are flights from various airports around the UK.
    The flight took around 2 hours 15 minutes (from Liverpool).

My flight in June left very early in the morning but it did allow for almost a full day in Barcelona.

The aircraft (a modern Airbus A319) was clean with plenty of snaks and drinks available on board.
    It is also well worth paying a few extra £'s to get speedy boarding, this allows you to be one of the first 20 to board the aircraft and choose your own seat.

• Business Travel

• LONG wait at airport departures

by andrewmarkworthy Written Jun 4, 2007

Barcelona Airport departures is, in our experience, shambolic and a disgrace. Suffice to say that we arrived two and three quarter hours before our flight and got to the plane with five minutes to spare. There was an interminable queue to check in the baggage and then an equally long queue to get through security. This was in early June - what the place is like at the peak of the tourist season I dread to think. Our flight was then delayed because the airport was sluggish in dealing with the paperwork permitting the plane to leave. The plane's captain treated us to a lengthy monologue about what he thought of the level of 'efficiency' of Barcelona Airport, so I can only assume that our experience was far from unique.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Getting to Barcelona

by sue_stone Written Feb 26, 2007

On the way to Barcelona

Both times we have visited Barcelona we flew from London Gatwick airport - the first time with Easyjet and the second time with British Airways. The flight from London takes between 1.5 - 2 hours. British Airways also fly there from London Heathrow, and Easyjet from Luton and Stansted as well. Other airlines that fly there from London include Iberia and Air Berlin.

The airport is located around 13km from the city centre.

If you are already in Spain, you may want to catch a train to Barcelona. It has good rail links to other Spanish cities, such as Madrid (4.5 hours) and Valencia (3 hours). I have also heard that you can get cheap flights between Barcelona and Madrid.

• Architecture

• jhoolko's Profile Photo

Flying In and Out of Barcelona (BCN)

by jhoolko Written Feb 23, 2007

If you're looking for cheap air transportation in and out of Barcelona, there are several options. Ryanair flies into Reus and Girona, but requires a one hour bus ride that will set you back about 26 extra Euros roundtrip, something to consider while booking seemingly cheap flights. Check out Vueling for low-cost flights directly into El Prat, the city's main airport (BCN). For an even better option though, look up the less-known ClickAir, especially for flights within Spain. Barcelona is one of its hub cities, and the flights are extremely cheap with an impressive list of destinations. And if you book and fly soon, most of the flights are 20 Euros all inclusive during a special promotion going on now.

• Study Abroad

• Maggies's Profile Photo

By Plane

by Maggies Written Oct 9, 2006

Taxi stand

El Prat Airport in Castelldefels is the closest to Barcelona. The second Barcelona airport which operates many low-cost airlines is much further from the city, it's actually in Girona.
    El Prat has a good connection with the city center. The shuttle bus going to Plaza Cataluña (with a stop at Plaza de España or Sants) leaves every few minutes. In the rush hour, by the time one bus gets full, the next one is coming but still you need to count the queuing time which was at least 20 minutes in my case. It costs 7euro one way.
    There is also a tren (Cercanías) going from the airport to the Sants station.

• Ivod's Profile Photo

El Prat international airport

by Ivod Written Nov 27, 2005

Very nice and rather busy airport , with many good shops, restaurant,s caffees, travel agencies, car hire etc. Enough check in counters so no crowd or long waiting. Blue "Airbus" leaves terminal A via B and C direct to Placa Cataluna every 15 mins (3,50 ,€ one way)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Ryanair

by mvtouring Written Oct 31, 2005

By air: Arriving in Girona, you go to the kiosk at the airport to purchase your ticket to get to Barcelona. They have a number of busses that wait for the passengers to transport them to the bus station in Barcelona and other destinations. They have an arrangement with Ryanair to transport the passengers, so the bus times are in line with your arrival times.

• ostia's Profile Photo

From Girona airport to Barcelona city

by ostia Written Oct 26, 2005

Low fare airlines -like wizzair - lands at Girona airport. Take as shuttle bus at Girona airport to Barcelona city. Appr. 20 euros for the return ticket. Reservation is not needed.
    Photo: Landscape between Girona and Barca.

Instant Answers: Barcelona