Taxi, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

2013 Barcelona Taxi fares
    by FernandoTD
    Taxis outside Sants Railway station
    by MikeBird
  • aussirose arrives Barcelona in old London Taxi
    aussirose arrives Barcelona in old...
    by aussirose
  • City - Airport Taxis

by medetlefsen Written Jul 4, 2014

When there is not a taxi strike, the best way in to town is a regular taxi. When there is a taxi strike, or if you are looking to save money, the bus seems to be the best alternative, as pre-paid taxis are expensive and, in the case of the City-Airport prepaid taxi, it does not show up during a two hour search, does not answer repeated pages on the airport public address system, and they still charge you! The bus runs down the main boulevard to the centre of town, is much cheaper than a taxi, runs on a regular, frequent schedule and gets you to or close to most hotels and key tourist locations easily and efficiently, and for 1/10th the price of a cab. This is particularly good if you are travelling alone and with light luggage!

• School Holidays

• FernandoTD's Profile Photo

Barcelona Taxi Fares

by FernandoTD Updated Oct 8, 2013

Hi! I'm a taxi driver of Barcelona and I will try to help you with your doubts about price and supplements posting a picture of the 2013 fares stick we have on our cars! I hope it will be helpful for you! About the addresses of hotels and restaurants... the number of hotels and restaurants in bcn is really high! It's very difficult to know all! We just know the most famous or the ones we go more often! In this way I recommend you to know always the address.

About tips... it depends on the quality of the service you get, and it's up to you! There's not a rule or a law about that, just do what you think would be correct. Local people sometimes give tips and sometimes not. It's a personal decision. For example, I'm a taxi driver and I usually get tips, then I always give tips to each other. I usually give tips in bars and restaurants but the quantity depends on my happiness and if I think the price is ok. Sometimes they are expensive compared with the quality of the food you get, then no tip. With taxis is exactly the same! Anyway, look what local people do will be always the correct decision!

If you have some other doubt you can contact me, I will tray to solve it!

(Sorry if I have mistakes with my English)

2013 Barcelona Taxi fares

• Taxi with babyseat in Barcelona

by holidayfever1 Written May 27, 2013

We planed our trip to Barcelona and we wanted to make sure that a taxi would wait for us at the airport with a baby seat for our little child.We are a party of 5 and we also need a taxi van, we booked by internet and found a English speaking taxi company, they also informed us about the fee, when we arrived at Barcelona’s airport the driver was waiting for us with a signboard displaying our name and we had the so important child seat. The driver was very polite.

After we booked also the transfer from our apartment in Barcelona to the cruise at Barcelona’s port, I want to recommend you by heart this company: www.taxibarcelonatransfer.com

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

Barcelona taxis

by MikeBird Written Jan 1, 2013

There seemed to be no shortage of taxis around the centre of Barcelona. This photo was taken outside the Sants Railway station.

You can hail a taxi from the roadside. Look for the green light on top which signals the cab is free for hire.

Taxis outside Sants Railway station

• Best Taxi Cab Driver

by TLKeng Written May 15, 2012

We took many taxi cabs around Barcelona including to the airport and train station.
    Our best experience is with Taxi Cab Driver, Ernest. He was most honest, punctual
    and very honorable unlike the other drivers who tried to overcharge us or became
    aggressive when we dispute the overcharge.

Please call ERNEST at +677 988915 or +666291633 if you should need a taxi. He
    definitely did not request us to do anything for him or advertise his service but we
    felt it was what we would like to do for him in return for his excellent service.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Black and yellow Taxis Barcelona

by aussirose Written Jan 21, 2012

Well they certainly stand out! :o) Black and yellow Taxis in Barcelona. The only other place I have ever seen so many taxis is Singapore. They were blue there.

Anyway, check out our taxi!! Arn't we lucky!!... :o)

Story..... We arrived at the local Railway Station (Sants) from Valencia....btw, that was a fantastic journey!! First time hubby and I have every been first class on anything!! :o) Flash!!

So we arrived at Sants Railway Station and decided the easiest way to our accommodation would be by taxi. ....Well my goodness!! ....What a line up!! ...Taxi's everywhere!! :o)

So here we are in the line and this awesome taxi rolls up!!... and I thought damn!! those people in front are going to get the good one :o( .....Well guess what?.... they were with the people in front of them ....and we got this cute old London type taxi!! How awesome is that!! :o)

What a way to travel to our last big holiday destination!! If I had a glove on me...I would have donned it and waved like the Queen haha.

aussirose arrives Barcelona in old London Taxi Black and Yellow Taxis of Barcelona by aussirose
    • Photography

• Taxi in Barcelona

by sofialuz Written Dec 19, 2011

Hi, a travel from the airport will cost you at least 20,00, but it depends where are you going in town. Here you can find many information about taxi and prices. It's a good website if you want also receive tips about what to do in Barcelona and they give a guide for free if u join the fanpage! :)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Taxis All Over

by BruceDunning Written Dec 5, 2011

Taxis can be found all around the city by the hundreds or more. They generally are an okay way to get from one point to another relatively reasonable prices. A fare from Pl Espanya to Columbus monument was 5 Euro, for about 3 miles. Be aware that if you took a taxi to a cruise ship, there is a surcharge of 5 Euro besides the fare that ranges from 3-5 Euro for the most of 2 miles. WE paid 10 Euro, which was a ripoff, but at the end the Spanish only speaking driver pointed to the sign in the rear window of the premium is allowed

Group of taxis waiting for a pick up Lonely taxi in traffic

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Outrageous amount !!!!!

by jlanza29 Written Oct 19, 2011

Since traveling in Europe is not cheap for us American's we try not to take taxi's. Sometimes we have no choice and this was one of those times, we had a 6:00 am flight to Madrid and the buses don't run that early. We were staying in the center of Barcelona, so a taxi it was ....... the fare was a fair 32 Euro's .... but then here's the add on's that really irk us as travelers ..... 1 euro per bag, so it was 3 of us so that 3 euro's .... a 5 Euro charge because it was before 6:00 AM ..... then a 5 Euro charge to bring you to the airport .... so the 32 Euro ride was suddenly 45 Euro's .... that's about $60 US dollars !!!!!! We had no choice so be for-warned if you decide to take a taxi to the airport !!!!!!!

• Business Travel

• mrawal's Profile Photo

Taxi,cab.in.barcelona

by mrawal Written Aug 1, 2011

Hello.I.been.in.Barcelona,I,have.to.hire.Taxi.I.looked.taxi.having.green.light.with.sign.Libre.so.I.called.taxi.We.are.three.Friends.getin.Taxi.The.TaxiDtiver.was.lookig.like.Asian.so.we.talked.in.Hindi.He.also.replied.in.Hindi,so.we.been.pleased.We.asked.his.name.his.name.was.Imtiaz.from.Gujarat,PunjabIndia.he.was.very.nice.and.helping.he.get.us.at.our.hotel.without.rounding.also.he.offer.not.to.pay.our.farebut.we.paid.him.as.per.meter.this.always.remember.that.in.foriegn.country.such.a.good.taxidrivers.are.there.who.help.their.natives.
    It.was.very.nice.experience.in.Barcelona

Helping.Taxi.Driver.in.barcelona Taxi.of.barcelona

• Losing camera

by Jellema Written Jun 25, 2011

On 17 juni on 15.00 hour, I lost my Nokia Camara in a taxi from the port tot the hotel Palace Barcelona to de Via der Cordes Catalonia 668.
    On the camera where al my foto from the cruiseship "New Amsterdam".
    Has somebody found this camera, please let my know.
    I cab give you a reword of 500 euro's.
    Jan W. Jellema
    Burmaniastrjitte 5
    8633 KA Ysbrechtum
    The Netherlands
    j.w.jellema@xs4all.nl
    Many greeting from Hollanda

• barcelona cabs

by capua Written Apr 7, 2011

The holiday was really good and we had a great whether.
    Many things to visit around and the people very nice.
    We have just a complain about the taxi in Barcelona.
    Don't ask a cab in the hotels reception because the taxi drivers have to pay for the service ,so they have to charge to the client.Some illegal companies work with all the hotels.
    Take them from the street or from any taxi stop(rank).

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Taxi

by Gili_S Written Jan 28, 2011

Arriving very late at night I thought not to hassle too much with bus or train, night walk in searching for the hotel at night so a taxi was a quick and easy solution especially as it was not costing too much as I used to pay in north of Europe :)
    So in general, taxi can be an option when you need it and not ripping off your pocket.

• ritashor's Profile Photo

Cabs in Barcelona

by ritashor Updated Aug 9, 2010

After an unfortunate misunderstanding on the last day of our trip, we were stuck with our luggage because the bus who was supposed to pick us up to the airport waited for us at another place and the only option to get to the airport for us was to take a cab. We'r not big fans of cabs but we had no choice. Looking back I must say that it's not that bad. The ride was fine, The driver was nice and although he only a few words in English, we got along.
    The total amount of the ride for 2 people and luggage was 30.6 Euro. Funny thing- we only had a 100 Euro bill and the driver told us that he didn't have change so we paid him with AMX credit card, it was the first time I saw that you can pay with a credit card for a taxi.

• Platti's Profile Photo

Taxi's to airport in Barcelona

by Platti Written Feb 2, 2009

The supplements on taxi's are a little confusing at first. I've just had 2 taxi's to and from the airport. To give you an approx cost on a Friday (Jan 09) it cost 20 Euro from airport to my hotel. On returning on the Sunday it cost 30 Euro. Watch for the price difference on a Sunday.

Also at the end of the journey the driver (at least he did on my trip) will press a button on the meter a couple times jumping the fare up. I presume this is the norm but its a bit off putting when you watch it being done. My Spanish is shocking so couldn't ask what he was doing, just something to bear in mind.

Instant Answers: Barcelona