Taxi Cabs, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

2013 Barcelona Taxi fares
    by FernandoTD
    Taxis outside Sants Railway station
    by MikeBird
    Group of taxis waiting for a pick up
    by BruceDunning
  • from Barcelona airport to city center

by traveller656 Written Jan 10, 2014

We decided to visit Barcelona for Christmas with friends, my family and the other were a total of 6 people. i discovered that you can book online official taxi service for airport transfer to hotel and back, with a vehicle up to 7 people, and sufficient space for luggage.
    they picked up us at the flight arrival zone and took us to the hotel without having to queue and with the comfort of knowing the price in advance ... It cost € 8 per person. really great!

• FernandoTD's Profile Photo

Barcelona Taxi Fares

by FernandoTD Updated Oct 8, 2013
    2013 Barcelona Taxi fares

Hi! I'm a taxi driver of Barcelona and I will try to help you with your doubts about price and supplements posting a picture of the 2013 fares stick we have on our cars! I hope it will be helpful for you! About the addresses of hotels and restaurants... the number of hotels and restaurants in bcn is really high! It's very difficult to know all! We just know the most famous or the ones we go more often! In this way I recommend you to know always the address.

About tips... it depends on the quality of the service you get, and it's up to you! There's not a rule or a law about that, just do what you think would be correct. Local people sometimes give tips and sometimes not. It's a personal decision. For example, I'm a taxi driver and I usually get tips, then I always give tips to each other. I usually give tips in bars and restaurants but the quantity depends on my happiness and if I think the price is ok. Sometimes they are expensive compared with the quality of the food you get, then no tip. With taxis is exactly the same! Anyway, look what local people do will be always the correct decision!

If you have some other doubt you can contact me, I will tray to solve it!

(Sorry if I have mistakes with my English)

• Taxi with babyseat in Barcelona

by holidayfever1 Written May 27, 2013

We planed our trip to Barcelona and we wanted to make sure that a taxi would wait for us at the airport with a baby seat for our little child.We are a party of 5 and we also need a taxi van, we booked by internet and found a English speaking taxi company, they also informed us about the fee, when we arrived at Barcelona’s airport the driver was waiting for us with a signboard displaying our name and we had the so important child seat. The driver was very polite.

After we booked also the transfer from our apartment in Barcelona to the cruise at Barcelona’s port, I want to recommend you by heart this company: www.taxibarcelonatransfer.com

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

Barcelona taxis

by MikeBird Written Jan 1, 2013

Taxis outside Sants Railway station

There seemed to be no shortage of taxis around the centre of Barcelona. This photo was taken outside the Sants Railway station.

You can hail a taxi from the roadside. Look for the green light on top which signals the cab is free for hire.

• Best Taxi Cab Driver

by TLKeng Written May 15, 2012

We took many taxi cabs around Barcelona including to the airport and train station.
    Our best experience is with Taxi Cab Driver, Ernest. He was most honest, punctual
    and very honorable unlike the other drivers who tried to overcharge us or became
    aggressive when we dispute the overcharge.

Please call ERNEST at +677 988915 or +666291633 if you should need a taxi. He
    definitely did not request us to do anything for him or advertise his service but we
    felt it was what we would like to do for him in return for his excellent service.

• Taxi in Barcelona

by sofialuz Written Dec 19, 2011

Hi, a travel from the airport will cost you at least 20,00, but it depends where are you going in town. Here you can find many information about taxi and prices. It's a good website if you want also receive tips about what to do in Barcelona and they give a guide for free if u join the fanpage! :)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Taxis All Over

by BruceDunning Written Dec 5, 2011

Group of taxis waiting for a pick up

Taxis can be found all around the city by the hundreds or more. They generally are an okay way to get from one point to another relatively reasonable prices. A fare from Pl Espanya to Columbus monument was 5 Euro, for about 3 miles. Be aware that if you took a taxi to a cruise ship, there is a surcharge of 5 Euro besides the fare that ranges from 3-5 Euro for the most of 2 miles. WE paid 10 Euro, which was a ripoff, but at the end the Spanish only speaking driver pointed to the sign in the rear window of the premium is allowed

• mrawal's Profile Photo

Taxi,cab.in.barcelona

by mrawal Written Aug 1, 2011
    Helping.Taxi.Driver.in.barcelona

Hello.I.been.in.Barcelona,I,have.to.hire.Taxi.I.looked.taxi.having.green.light.with.sign.Libre.so.I.called.taxi.We.are.three.Friends.getin.Taxi.The.TaxiDtiver.was.lookig.like.Asian.so.we.talked.in.Hindi.He.also.replied.in.Hindi,so.we.been.pleased.We.asked.his.name.his.name.was.Imtiaz.from.Gujarat,PunjabIndia.he.was.very.nice.and.helping.he.get.us.at.our.hotel.without.rounding.also.he.offer.not.to.pay.our.farebut.we.paid.him.as.per.meter.this.always.remember.that.in.foriegn.country.such.a.good.taxidrivers.are.there.who.help.their.natives.
    It.was.very.nice.experience.in.Barcelona

• Losing camera

by Jellema Written Jun 25, 2011

On 17 juni on 15.00 hour, I lost my Nokia Camara in a taxi from the port tot the hotel Palace Barcelona to de Via der Cordes Catalonia 668.
    On the camera where al my foto from the cruiseship "New Amsterdam".
    Has somebody found this camera, please let my know.
    I cab give you a reword of 500 euro's.
    Jan W. Jellema
    Burmaniastrjitte 5
    8633 KA Ysbrechtum
    The Netherlands
    j.w.jellema@xs4all.nl
    Many greeting from Hollanda

• barcelona cabs

by capua Written Apr 7, 2011

The holiday was really good and we had a great whether.
    Many things to visit around and the people very nice.
    We have just a complain about the taxi in Barcelona.
    Don't ask a cab in the hotels reception because the taxi drivers have to pay for the service ,so they have to charge to the client.Some illegal companies work with all the hotels.
    Take them from the street or from any taxi stop(rank).

• elise_crash's Profile Photo

Taxis

by elise_crash Updated Apr 4, 2011

from www.servitaxi.com

Taxis are a great way to get around the city once the underground subway (the Metro) has closed (or if there is not a stop near where you need to go)! They are VERY cheap and you can find them all around the city, just look for the black and yellow cabs with the green light on the roof and you will know that it is open for you to flag down. One major place yo ufind them is at the Placa Universitat near Diagonal. Just be warned - the cab drivers, surprisingly, do not always know where places are located (even though they are the ones who live there). So, if you are going to a specific place (ie. club, restaurant,etc.), you should probably, at least, have an address and an idea of where it is.

• Business Travel

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Taxi fares

by Belsaita Updated Mar 25, 2011

from Kukutxumusu... seen in a shop's window

Taxis in Barcelona are black and yellow, easy to spot. They say that at the beginning of the XX century, a taxi driver heard the taxis in NYC were yellow. He decided to paint his car (at the time, all cars were black) like American taxis... until he find that panting was very expensive. So... he painted only the doors in yellow color. True or not... who knows!

There are several companies, but prices are set by the city council, so all them do cost the same.

You can stop one in the street if the green light on top of the car is on. At the end of the journey, you should only pay the amount on the taximeter, plus supplements from/to airport, luggage, etc (if applicable). We locals usually only tip the driver just to round to next figure (for instance, short trip with taximeter = 5.45, give 6 euros; airport to city centre = 28.70 (taximeter and all airport and other applicable supplements), in this case you may give 30 euros. Tips in Spain are always given only as recognition of good service. So, you may not tip at all.

A good practice is always asking for a receipt, the taxi driver has the obligation to give you one if asked to. In case you have any complaint is your only proof.

You can check the link below about official taxi fares in Barcelona, updated for year 2011
    Hope it helps!

• Business Travel
    • Seniors

• ritashor's Profile Photo

Cabs in Barcelona

by ritashor Updated Aug 9, 2010

After an unfortunate misunderstanding on the last day of our trip, we were stuck with our luggage because the bus who was supposed to pick us up to the airport waited for us at another place and the only option to get to the airport for us was to take a cab. We'r not big fans of cabs but we had no choice. Looking back I must say that it's not that bad. The ride was fine, The driver was nice and although he only a few words in English, we got along.
    The total amount of the ride for 2 people and luggage was 30.6 Euro. Funny thing- we only had a 100 Euro bill and the driver told us that he didn't have change so we paid him with AMX credit card, it was the first time I saw that you can pay with a credit card for a taxi.

• Platti's Profile Photo

Taxi's to airport in Barcelona

by Platti Written Feb 2, 2009

The supplements on taxi's are a little confusing at first. I've just had 2 taxi's to and from the airport. To give you an approx cost on a Friday (Jan 09) it cost 20 Euro from airport to my hotel. On returning on the Sunday it cost 30 Euro. Watch for the price difference on a Sunday.

Also at the end of the journey the driver (at least he did on my trip) will press a button on the meter a couple times jumping the fare up. I presume this is the norm but its a bit off putting when you watch it being done. My Spanish is shocking so couldn't ask what he was doing, just something to bear in mind.

• rdney99's Profile Photo

Write down your hotel address

by rdney99 Written Jul 16, 2008

Really enjoyed my visit to Barcelona, but had one kind of irritating problem. I knew the name of my hotel, the Sonotel Central, had my room key with me when grabbing a taxi back to it late in he evening, but I didn't have a card with the hotel's address, and this confused the cab driver, as there are two Hotel Centrals in Barcelona, relatively in the same area. It was really about a 15 mi. ride from the waterfront, and it turned out to be 45. Part of my hotel was that it was just recently built, pretty much brand new. Finally, after stopping at another nearby hotel to get directions, after numerous attempts to find it by talking to other cab drivers and calling in to his office, he got me within two blocks, walking distance- frustrating !! I took a card with my from the front desk with the address after that. You would think these drivers would automatically know where every hotel is, but apparently not.

Instant Answers: Barcelona