Cadaqués Restaurants

• akikonomu's Profile Photo

Along the seafront

by akikonomu Written Feb 4, 2012

Gazpacho & Sangria

Choose any of the touristy bistros or restaurants along the seafront. The food is alright but the atmosphere of sitting by/ near the sea, taking your own sweet time to relish the food is unbeatable. Don't insist on hurrying and you'll enjoy the experience.

Favorite Dish: Wine and dine - don't miss out on the wines to complete a wonderful dining experience

• EL BARROCO: you must try it to beleive in El Barroco

by imasy Written May 30, 2011

the first impression I had when I saw the façade green multicolour Floridness, there was magic in this attractive restaurant, rather Museum, Garden of Eden, a theatre, the beautiful classical music makes you dream ....
    after our dessert the great Sammy (the owner) started to play his own oriental music and it is difficult to prevent some tears, so beautiful ...
    it was the old mill oil cadaques or The Great Dali spent much of his time in the famous Patio garden, where we were allowed to smoke there ...

Favorite Dish: he Master advised us to start a Lebanese Mezze, then the best sea food paella in my life ...
    figs with whieskey were sublime, and its Catalan cream ...
    He offered us menth tea, as he offered us 2 glasses of sangria with cinnamon ... unique ..

By the way ... that great soirée costed us only 68.00 euros for two persons .. it merit much more.

• Museum Visits

• mstinawu's Profile Photo

Don Quijote: Skip this place!

by mstinawu Written May 17, 2008

This was a cute restaurant and just decided to go based on that. Bad idea. The ivy leaves covering the place unfortunately did not cover up the foul food. The glass of house wine I got was SOUR. I can't believe they would just serve wine like that. Did they think foreigners wouldn't know sour wine if it hit it in their face? The food was mediocre and pretty forgettable. Overall, definitely somewhere to SKIP if you are in Cadaques.

Favorite Dish: If I had to choose, I would say the ice cream (which they probably did not make there) was light and refreshing.

• seatpants's Profile Photo

Pastisseria La Mallorquina: bakery

by seatpants Updated Apr 23, 2008

Simple pastry shop in the middle of town.
    Its exactly what you need in the morning if you are unable to sit down for Esmorzar-Breakfast.

Favorite Dish: cafe cortado i coca amb pinyols(sp)
    espresso with milk and pine nut sweet bread

• seatpants's Profile Photo

Casa Anita Nit: Suck the Shrimp heads with the owner!

by seatpants Updated Apr 23, 2008

you wont feel the same after entering

A very famous yet out of the way "cave" restaurant on a back alley of Cadaques. A local friends father took me there for an impromptu lunch. The lunch turned into an all afternoon affair. We met the owner, who showed us how to "suck" the shrimp heads and then top them off with a swig from the Porron. I don't remember the price, but who cares after a meal like that.

...oh and he sang the menu in Catalan!

Favorite Dish: Gambas al la Plantxa
    Sardines al la Plantxa
    Bacalla Carpacio
    Pa amb tomaquet

• jonathanlayer's Profile Photo

A friendly cafe: On top of a lookout

by jonathanlayer Written Nov 21, 2007
    Pan tumaca and potato salad

We found a little restaurant on top of a lookout. The food was decently priced considering the touristy nature of the location. We sat outside and ate pan tumaca (tomato on bread...a Catalunya favorite) and potato salad in the heat, but the view was worth any sunburn incurred. Definitely recommendable.

Favorite Dish: Cold sodas or ice cream...it was PDH.

• Casa Anita: Really fresh Seafood!

by irisiri Written Oct 28, 2007

Tucked away in the alleyway, this restaurant is a recommendation in the lonely planet, and hence we decided to check it out. Here, the owner of the restaurant offers you a list of the freshest seafood for the day, and you are only to tell him what you want to eat, and the chef will do the rest . The recipes are simple (mostly grill) but they brought out the freshness of the food they they were serving. According to the owner, he is the third generation in this family business, and he takes real pride in what he does. A must try!! (Do note that they open at 2pm for lunch).

Favorite Dish: Grilled prawns....yummy!!

• mstinawu's Profile Photo

Restaurant Pizzeria Plaza: A Place for Great, No Frills, Simple Pasta

by mstinawu Updated Oct 6, 2007

Arriving to Cadaques hungry and late, we ventured into the city centre w/ food on the brain. We didn't eat at Pizzeria Plaza, but it was in a nice location facing a sleepy street and centrally located. We opted to order take out from here and eat it on our balcony where we have a view of the ocean. My boyfriend and I both had a fettuccine w/ clams in wine sauce pasta. It tasted exactly what you would expect a fettuccine w/ clams in wine sauce pasta would taste like. Our friends got a lasagna and basic bolognese spaghetti. The food was simple and reminded me of home cooked pasta. We enjoyed it very much and it was cheap, to boot!

• jhoolko's Profile Photo

Beachside Cafe: Great for Winter or Summer

by jhoolko Written May 15, 2007

This little restaurant sits at the end of the main street, right on the water. I don't know the name, and I think there were two of them. It's hard to miss in a place as small as Cadaques. Head down there in the morning and sit outside on their little patio with a coffee. We were there in the winter, and it was such a lovely place to sit and talk and watch the buoys floating on the water. They also served standard Catalan cafe fare; bocadillos and bikinis (grilled cheese with ham, basically). I'd recommend it as a great place to sit and plan your day.

• Study Abroad

• jantichm's Profile Photo

Bar Restaurant Cap de Creus: Superb views of Cap de Creus

by jantichm Written Aug 17, 2005

capdecreusrestaurant

The main attraction of this restaurant is its superb location, close by Cap de Creus lighthouse. You can enjoyed a good meal after a beach day while you're looking at the wonderful views of Cap de Creus.

Booking table is a good idea.

Favorite Dish: Indian food is the restaurant speciality. But there are good fish (but expensive), pasta, salads and meat dishes.

My favourite dish is 'medallon fin del mundo' (a meat dish) and any of the fruit sorbets.

• cat-alunya's Profile Photo

Casa Anita: Horatio Sands-esque owner drinks sings and serves

by cat-alunya Updated Feb 10, 2005

Told you...Catalan Horation Sands

This was a "stumble in" trip somewhat, that became one of the best memories of my life. While on honeymoon, a friends Catalan father walked us in for a quick bite that turned into at least 4 hours.
    The tables are rustic, the ceilings are low, the rooms small and covered in candles that stand over your head with years of wax drip dried down the now indecipherable holders.
    The owner, who sings the menu in catalan, was a walking belly laugh, loves life and loves food. He brought us fresh sardines, olives, cheeses, fish and fish and more fresh fish...and ofcourse, passed around the Porron from table to table. The small rooms of strangers turn into instant families under his thumb. An experience to not be missed!

Favorite Dish: I can only say that no matter what you eat, sardines, gambas, pam tom'a'quet...you won't be disappointed. Try asking the owner to choose for you...it's more fun that way

• Zoe_bcn's Profile Photo

"My own": The cheapest restaurant!!!

by Zoe_bcn Written Jun 12, 2003

There are some nice restaurants in Cadaques. I found two italians restaurants. Young people and great atmosphere. I totally forgot the name of the restaurants (sooorrryyy!) but Cadaques is not soo big so im sure u will find it. Around the city centre, close to the port there are lots of restaurants but... I dont think there are good ones. Its just for tourists. I mean... not so real catalan food, sangria, and paella for all the foreigns! Our gastronomy has more than that. Is not just paella and sangria! The prices are more or less ok. Cheap.

Favorite Dish: The cheapest way to eat if u are in a campground is too cook by yourself. Buy food and cook there! As we did some days!

• erabsoy's Profile Photo

Outside the city center: Catalan Local Food

by erabsoy Written Oct 5, 2007
    House salad and cold bacalao

nice garden, with locals (there were a boda). The restaurant is in front of the bus stop to Gerona

Favorite Dish: Fideuas

• jcots's Profile Photo

El Casino: Special place for breakfast

by jcots Written Jun 27, 2003

El Casino

The bast place to have breakfast, ask for the command at the desk , don't wait at the chair because the waiter won't come.
    Very typical in the town, all local people goes there.

• Architecture

• jcots's Profile Photo

El Far: El Far

by jcots Written Sep 17, 2002

It's a very good cuisine restaurant located at the end of Cap de Creus. It has spectaulars views from it. Some pics of this page are made from there.

Favorite Dish: Catalan and Indian cuisine

Instant Answers: Cadaqués

Comments

Cadaqués Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cadaqués restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cadaqués sightseeing.