Padulles: Another tapas place
Simple and very nice. Tapas gallegas, for people who have a chance to try that marvellous invention called tapas, it would be easy to notice the difference between tapas served in different regions.
Padulles is a comfy place, homey atmosphere and serves taaaasty things.
Favorite Dish: oh, the spinach rolls... mmmm...
- Road Trip
Family Cooking Restaurant: Nina´s Restaurant
Will give you the exact location of this Nina´s restaurant where we were all happy with the food, service and quality of food plus the price so reasonable.
Favorite Dish: All we ordered were seasfoods and they were all so very delicious as you can see.
- Family Travel
Le Bistrot: Enjoy a meal!
It's situated in an old reconstructed building where you can still see the tipical architecture. The ambience is good and the people are friendly. Anyway, the food is great (pizza with round loaf, so nice, and salads, meat, pasta...)
- Study Abroad
- Family Travel
Casa Marieta: Very good value!
To be honest, we had our doubts before entering, because the menu outside stated things like "paella with noodles". A very weird combination! But seeing mainly Catalan people going inside, we decided to give it a go.
We had a paella ( a normal one, without noodles!) and it was truly tasty! Together with a bottle of vino tinto de la casa, we had a delicious meal!
Very friendly service as well!
Bar St Felix: Yummie tapas and sangria
This is a nice small tapasbar, home to as well tourists as locals. The menu is in several languages.
We had some different tapas dishes like mejillones, albondigas, croquetas, calamars,... they were of very good quality as well as the sangria we drank with it.
Tapas Bar: Wide selection of Tapas and catalan food
Couldn't find other offer such variety of tapas. Multi-lingual meal menu with description. Good ambient by Riu Onyar.
Favorite Dish: I haven't tried every tapas they have, hard to tell which i like the most. But i particularly like the seafood tapas.
- Budget Travel
Duran Bar: Wide selection of Paellas and Tapas
Good location, after the exhausted visits at the Cathedral and Rambla, found this restaurant, which we filled our stomach before the next spot.
Little room inside the restaurant premises but cosy outside.
Wide range of Paella
Favorite Dish: Fideua, nicely cooked noodle with seafood, less than 9 Euro
BEST RESTAURANTS IN GIRONA...
BEST RESTAURANTS IN GIRONA (city):
1) For all the budgets
• EL CUL DE LA LLEONA: very good morrocan couscous. Nice decoration and friendly place.
• EL CAU DEL LLOP: in the old twon. Tortillas, salads, pa torrat,… Cozy atmosphere with a fireplace in winter. Only open at night.
• BOIRA: (not upstairs). Nice place with view of the river Onyar for taking tapas: we like the tempura vegetables and fried oignions with soja sauce.
• SANDWIDTXERIA CREPERIA LA POMA: sandwiches, pasta, very good salads, good wines. A little fashion now. EXPENSIVE.
Cort Reial, 16, Phone: 972 21 29 09
• LA POLENTA: very good vegetarian. Long time I have not been there. Menú 10 Euros.
Cort Reial, 6. Phone 972 20 93 74
• L'ARCADA: quite good pasta, pizzas and salads. Menú 10 E.
Rambla de la Llibertat
• L'ARGADA: catalan food, Try calçots and pa amb tomata!!!
Price depends of dishes. Nice ambience. Meat in the fire place.
2) Cheap budget:
• LLORET: centric. Cheap menú for 7 Euros: 3 dishes, dessert, wine, etc. Pl. Independència.
• LOS PADULES: cheap and authentic 'cutre' (word in spanish, like shawy). Tapas/Fireplace/Musicians. In the old town.
• MANAUS: please try the Brasilian Sandwiches and pizzas, the best sandwiches and fruit saft in Girona
3) DELICIUS (luxe):
• EL CELLER DE CAN ROCA (** Michelin!)
• EL BALCÓ: argentinian. Good meat. Center.
• LA PENYORA: very small, lovely place. Good menú affordable: fish, meat, cuscus. Art gallery. Old town. Nou del Teatre, 3 - 17004 Girona. Tel 972 21 89 48
• CAL ROS: Good quality. Catalan food. Old town.
• POL NORD: modern cuisine. Situated in a Pedret, street with a lot of restaurants and night life. VERY NICE PLACE!!!
• HOTEL CARLEMANY: EL PATI VERD. French chef very smart.
Favorite Dish: I also recomend DIVINUM: Café with very good tapas, cheese and wines! Carrer Argenteria (near Rambla)
- Historical Travel
- Food and Dining
- Arts and Culture
In Independencia square there are some restaurants ( different styles:italian, local...) . This square is on the left of S. Agustí bridge. I tried an italian one that was very good but I can't remember the name.
Can Geli: Best Catalan - Last chance before December 2004
This is our best restaurant. It's in an old XVII century farm house, offering local specialties. The ambience is historical, not only the thick-walled stone farmhouse, but also the old forged farmer utensiles hanging over the walls.
The sad note is that there's a new highway planned, and they are going to level this "nuisance" in view of "progress"... We can thank our Catalan government, who supports La Caixa in keeping the toll motorway active, and throwing money away in useless parallel highways. What a waste :(
You must reserve hours before going, usually it's always full!
Favorite Dish: Grilled meat (carn a la brasa) with allioli (thick oil and garlic emulsuion, to accompany grilled meat). Actually, it has the best allioli sauce around.
Don't forget the "porró", a wine decanter whith a small spout, you drink directly from it!
Remember, this historical restaurant closes end of December 2004.
- Budget Travel
- Food and Dining
- Road Trip
Paella for your Birthday
This cozy place was the perfect spot for the two of us to celebrate my birthday. People were very friendly, sometimes bilingual (the other times we tried sign language...) and the food was quite good!!!
Favorite Dish: We had this fabulous menue for my birthday:
- fish salad - or - melon with bacon
- lemon sorbet - or - vanilla flan with caramel
bread, water and wine to go along with the menue!
L'Angelot: Great for breakfast
This place has a wide range of breakfast and small snack menu items, given in about 5 different languages. The baguette or breakfast sandwiches were the best. Plus they had some great coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. They are also situated right off the Pujada de Sant Domenec in the historic city.
Find a restaurant in Girona
Behind the Cathedral near the old city wall are narrow streets. Stroll around to find cozy restaurants and cafes that line the streets in the old part of Girona.
There are also cafes around the main square, Plaza de la Independencia, in the new part of Girona. The main square is a hlaf block from the Pont Sant Agusti bridge.
Bar: Duran Bar: Here u can have great coffee and more
When we left the bus we went to a beautifull street with lots of streets and we had a break before we went up to the cathedral.
Joze and i went to a bar cause we had a great breakfast before and we ordered coffee. Its a very nice bar where u can eat as well. The waitress was very friendly but her english and my spanish wasnt great, so we had to talk a lil before she understood how to serve an Irish Coffee.
At first she gave coffee with a glass full with ice cubes next to it....:-)
Iasked her to put some whiskey in as well and she did, we didnt pay much just 4 euro!
Favorite Dish: They served nice fresh various baken bread, not expensive at all.
My Favourite restaurant in...
My Favourite restaurant in playa de aro is Pizzaria Sant LLuis...
There you can eat all kinds of pizzas and traditional food of the region, such as seafood, and the famous 'gaspacho'!! It's delicious!!!!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates