Museu del Cinema, Girona

Movie machine
  • Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Updated Sep 13, 2013
    Entrance

We weren´t sure, should we visit it, but then it happened to be free museum day (maybe it is every first sunday of the month?) and we went. Nothing to loose then.
    We were glad we did. Maybe it wasn´t so much about new movies of our times, witch my husband would love, but it was interesting to see how everything was started. From first moving pictures in books you riffle fast to get the picture moving to first movie cameras. Very interesting place, even for me, who doesn´t watc movies allmost at all. It was anyway interesting to see all the changes witch leaded to movies today.
    There was also some costumes from movies, but only few.
    I think the kids would also like this. The things to see were allways put that way, that a small person can also see. Actually in some "moving pictures machines" we needed to bend so much down, that it was allmost uncomfortable.

• Museum Visits
    • Photography

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

by mikey_e Written Jun 6, 2007

Me at the cinema museum (thanks mom!)

Who doesn't love movies? The Cinema Museum (in the new town) is a superb attraction that is both educational and fun (gasp!). The Musuem in fact tracks more than just the development of cinema as an art form. It starts with ancient and Mediaeval devices of visual stimulation and the manner in which these developed to eventually give birth to the art of cinema. A better description would be a museum dedicated to humans' fascination with moving objects and conveying what we see to others. The museum is very well laid out and will make even the most stubborn visitor dream of the magic of the movies by the end.

• yelli's Profile Photo

by yelli Written Sep 1, 2006

A poster from the collection of movie 'artifacts'

The most interactive museum I've even been in that wasn't geared only towards children. On that note, I think this one would also appeal to all ages. It is a history of all ages of cinema in the world - from the Chinese shadow lanterns to today's modern blockbuster films. Throughout are optical illusions you can play with, huge flatscreen TVs playing clips, movies showing, and an incredible amount of historic film articles. I was never expecting to find this here in Girona, but my perception of the town is even more appealing.

• Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Girona

Comments

Hotels Near Museu del Cinema
4.5 out of 5 stars