Girona Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers
    by Paolo-Italy
    Oh no, not more steps !!!
    by ScottishGordon
    RENFE train ticket
    by HORSCHECK

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Girona

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

No luggage storage anywhere!

by angiebabe Updated Jan 26, 2009

I didnt try by asking a hotel - maybe that would have been worth a try - but amazingly arriving off the plane from the airport at Girona for Barcelona, as I wanted to go via Girona to see the famed historic town - and arriving with luggage - and to save check in fees I had taken a hold bag without wheels! - I found that the luggage storage at the otherwise excellent train station, was non existent/had recently been closed!!

So I had to walk into town with it swung over my shoulder - the tourist office had the same answer - no, no possibility of looking after luggage!

So off I went all over town for about 2 hours carting my bag/rather heavy bag about.

So for the next person to get some advantage from my aching shoulders experience please bear this in mind! Either be staying the night there - or try phoning a hotel in town ahead as to whether they could look after your luggage if you are visiting on your way to elsewhere.

Its certainly a lovely town to visit though and was well worth any discomfort I had!!

• Photography
    • Adventure Travel

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Safety

by Belsaita Written Jul 19, 2007

Girona is a safe place. However, take your common sense with you as in any other place and be careful in crowded touristy places. In any case, the crime rates are low there, and yo can safely walk around night and day. Enjoy!

• Paolo-Italy's Profile Photo

Don't use sneakers if you want nightclubbing

by Paolo-Italy Written Jun 3, 2007

Couldn't enter in any discopub... They told me i had sneakers... :( Why? I mean... What's the problem if i use normal sneakers.... I'm not a dangerous person, and my sneakers didn't stink... bla bla..... :( So, if you come to girona try to use other shoes...

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Trains in Spain

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 25, 2007

RENFE train ticket

Going by train in Spain is comfortable and not expensive, but buying a ticket can be an adventure.

There are various train types which require different sorts of tickets. Regional tickets can be bought at ticket machines, but the explanations are often only in Spanish.

The timetable of RENFE on the web was incorrect when I planned my trip to Girona. It showed a train going on Saturday, which in fact only went Mondays to Fridays.

So if possible buy your train ticket at a staffed counter and make sure that you have the correct timetable.

• Trains

• ScottishGordon's Profile Photo

Walking in Girona

by ScottishGordon Written Jan 31, 2009

Oh no, not more steps !!!

If you have a difficulty in walking you may find it a problem in the old town, while it is very beautiful the steps you have to climb to see all the places can be a wee bit daunting.

• Disabilities

Instant Answers: Girona

Comments

Girona Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Girona warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Girona sightseeing.