Lloret de Mar Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lloret de Mar

• La Taverna: Don't miss the paellas and jamon !

by jackpot17 Written Feb 8, 2010

We go often on holidays to Pineda de Mar to the Hotel Merce. Every year before we come back to Scotland I like to invite my wife to this nice Restaurant of the same hotel owners.

I reccommend you to mix some starters as tapas as calamari romana, spanish jam and a salad and then choose a paella or any fish or meat dishes. All of it is delicious.

Favorite Dish: My favourite sorry is the spanish jam !

Pull's & Iberics: The Plastic Palace & The Real Thing

by scottishvisitor Updated Nov 26, 2007

On our first visit to Blanes we stopped at what I call "The Plastic Palaces" along the beach. These are usually small nearly outdoor bars selling snacks, cold drinks and teas and coffee.

Favorite Dish: On our first visit we enjoyed a cool vitamin enriched fruit juice as it was early in the day and we were not hungry. We found ourselves back in Blanes on our last day of the holiday, the weather was colder so we decided to visit the indoor restaurant.........A bad move - I ordered Patatis Bravas which I had eaten and enjoyed in Girona but here it came out of the freezer from a bag. Moira faired no better her toasted ham and tomato bread had not seen a toaster but had been badly microwaved. There was only one staff member on duty and I suspect he wasn't the cook. Avoid the food and stick to the cool drinks while admiring the sea shore.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Restaurante Luna Gaucha: Three courses for 9.50 euros!

by scottishvisitor Updated Nov 26, 2007

Luna Gaucha is a Uruguyan Restaurant in Calella - a bright airy place to enjoy a relaxing meal. We ordered a bottle of Vinos Rosados while we looked at the menus. They did have speciality dishes from Uruguay but their menu of the day was too tempting to miss at 9.50 euros for three courses - Who could refuse? Service was relaxed and friendly with plenty of time allowed between courses.

Favorite Dish: This was a set menu with no choices offered but the food was excellent. We started with the pasta soup followed by chicken breast cooked in onions and tomatoes served with fresh vegetables and potatoes. We finished with iced lemon and orange sorbet which was very refreshing. Coffee is not included in the price but we only had to add 2.70 euros for this and the wine was only 3.25 euros a very good restaurant with equally good prices.

Babio's: Tapas on the Menu

by scottishvisitor Updated Nov 25, 2007

We popped into Babio's after visiting some of Lloret's shopping streets for a quick snack. We both like tapas as a snack food but I was a bit surprised there was none on the bar counter - you had to order from a menu. This place was very quiet but in saying this the street is littered with small bars and cafes, no real restaurants in Lloret that I could see anyway. I did like the interior with its many pictures on the stone clad walls. The tables and benches were made of solid wood as I found to my cost in muscle damage when I tried to move one! Service was good, fast and friendly although the waitress had litle to do but read her paper.

Favorite Dish: We both had the same from the Tapas Menu which is a bit odd for Moira and me - we usually choose something different so we can sample and share. The goat's cheese fritters drizzled with honey were yummy as was the spicy chorizo braised in cider which I found quite unusual in Spain = an enjoyable snack in a quiet atmosphere makes for good conversation with a friend.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Ox: Just a snack menu offered here

by scottishvisitor Updated Nov 25, 2007

Ox is really only a small bar like many in Lloret, although they do offer a snack menu mainly sandwiches and toasties. Drinks are quite inexpensive here and are offered in a large variety. The bar seemed popular with Spanish tourist and was a bit noisy and crowded, they even had a table blocking the entrance to the toilets which was up a very steep stair case. I do wonder what problems disabled visitors may encounter.

Favorite Dish: It was late afternoon, we had already had lunch so we opted for a jug of Sangrias advertised as made with Champagne but I do suspect they meant Cava!! Moira and I both agreed this refreshing concoction hit the spot even if the glasses they provided were so small the Sangria lasted for ages!!

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Cala Banys: Away from the crowds

by Belsaita Updated Mar 14, 2006

Cala Banys (Lloret de Mar)

I promised myself never return to Lloret de Mar. The place was just awful (to my taste): overrun, overbuilt, no charm at all and plenty of drunken, brawling holidaymakers.

But a good friend insisted there was still one nice place left, and he was right. It’s a bit out of the way (probably the reason it's not spoilt yet). A nice and relatively quiet "cala" (small beach), a few tables over the sea. A bit decadent (maybe part of its charm). Music not loud that allows conversation. During the day, a perfect place to have a cold drink, beer or ice-cream after a sea bath. At night, a nice cocktail bar (you must be over 16 to be there after 10 PM).

• lostinparadies's Profile Photo

Masia Gibert: Catalan at its best

by lostinparadies Written Oct 12, 2005

Masia Gibert is a hidden restaurant were you you only find local customers. So, forget your spanish and get you catalan guide-book, cos that what is spoken here.Pass Palafols direction Malgrat ,turn right go to the little aroundabout and turn left. Follow the field till you see the sign.

• chagi1's Profile Photo

Tobago Steak house: For the Meat - aholic

by chagi1 Written May 28, 2005

The restaurant has a nice patio which is great to enjoy the fresh air.. and the BBQ smell of your steak being prepared!

Favorite Dish: We ordered a steak and a meat platter. We ordered the steak well done, but it was more like a medium-rare. The meat platter: lots and lots of meat!!! The steaks were great, the sausage was not so good.
    One point, the meals are served just as listed.. meat with no side dishes. All side choices are extra.
    Overall, we have had better.. but a definite must for meat lovers!!

• School Holidays

Horchata: Drink from Valencia

Cafe in Lloret de Mar

Horchata (horxata in Catalonian). I mentioned about this non-alcoholic drink on my Blanes Page.

Favorite Dish: Horchata comes from Valencia, but you can find it in Catalonia too. I advice you to taste horchata for refreshing yourself on hot time.

La Paella

by LanaFromRiga Written Nov 11, 2004

Paella

Favorite Dish: Paella is traditional dish in Spain. That is mean you can try it in every restaurant or café. I tasted paella and I liked it.

Strawberries with cream

Cafe in Lloret de Mar

There are very many cafes and restaurants in Lloret de Mar. If you like deserts I advice you to visit one of a small cafes near the beach.

Favorite Dish: Strawberries with tasty creame - very nice big portions

Sangria with bubbly

Sangria with kava

What can be better than sangria with bubbly and fruits on the hot evening? Only sangria with bubbly and fruits.

Favorite Dish: Sangria

Instant Answers: Lloret de Mar

Comments

Lloret de Mar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lloret de Mar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lloret de Mar sightseeing.

View all Lloret de Mar hotels