Monistrol de Montserrat Warnings and Dangers

• "left", "no, other side", "what are you...
    by Jerelis

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Monistrol de Montserrat

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Reading a map!

by Jerelis Written Feb 22, 2013

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, the catchy title of the 1992 bestseller by John Gray, succinctly expresses an ancient dilemma. What--if anything--do men's and women's brains do differently?

The general statement that men and women respond and behave differently under the same circumstances is true; For example, from the crib, male babies tend to be more aggressive and females more passive. As adults, in spatial operations, men have the edge in such skills as negotiating a maze, reading a map, and quickly discriminating between right and left. Men also perform better than women when asked to visualize an object and imagine rotating it. On the other hand, women tend to perform better than men when asked to look at objects of different shapes, sizes, and colors, and then to group them in some order.

This still doesn't explian why a woman turns the map all around when a man is asking for the road to travel, while I like the map at one point so I can better visualize our position. Help!

• Motorcycle

• spanishguy's Profile Photo

Beware climbers!! - ¡Cuidado escaladores!

by spanishguy Updated Aug 20, 2006

These beautiful mountains are an excellent place to practice sports as hiking or climbing. But you must take something into account. Climbers must be well prepared! Ok, it's a tip that could fit any other mountain but I lived a small story in Montserrat. The weather was not bad at all the day we visited the place and there was people practicing climbing. One of the climbers damaged himself with the pick and he stayed hung on his rope for a while because he couln't go down nor up. We were in the funicular of Sant Joan (the one which goes up the
    mountain) and some firemen were with us. I asked them what happenned and they
    told me that somebody was catch in the mountain but they didn't know his exactly location.
    Once we arrived on top they searched for one way and the police standed on the
    funicular station. I was there taking pictures with the zoom of my camera and I suddenly
    saw something in movement. I shown it to the police and, it was the climber! They called to the firemen and a helicopter came to him. It was my small "adventure" in such a beautiful mountain, so my pice of advice is: be careful with your climbing! :-)

The climber - El escalador The rescue - El rescate

• gusev's Profile Photo

Beware of steep steps and paths

by gusev Written May 31, 2003

You need to be quite fit to see everything in the area. The Sacred Cave seems not far away from the main attractions but the path is steep and curvy, so it takes much more time to get there than originally expected. If you are on a tourist bus, you need to be carefulo about time.

Instant Answers: Monistrol de Montserrat

Comments

Monistrol de Montserrat Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Monistrol de Montserrat warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Monistrol de Montserrat sightseeing.

View all Monistrol de Montserrat hotels