Salou Nightlife

• quartinb's Profile Photo

salou centre: night stroll

by quartinb Updated Apr 6, 2004

salou

the centre of salou is very beautifull and clean. with a lot to offer like eating and drinking wise and many otherwises. at night, in summer time, a huge crowd of tourists get togheter, on it's paths, the main one a large sidewalk along the beach. lots of camelots and artists giving the place lively colors and lots of movement. what i apreciated most was the fountain. big and full of color, at night, making a nice effect and if yu can see it from a higher level be sure to take a nice snapshot of it.

007: Shaken, not stirred

by clueless83 Updated Apr 22, 2010

Ah 007. The most recent time I went to Salou I was disappointed to find out from the rep that 007 was being refurbished so this review is from the first time I went.

007 is a James Bond theme bar but the staff dress up in fancy dress. I remember walking past one night and they were all in khaki and combats, another time the man at the door was dressed as Elvis and then the next time we went in I was picked up by a man (presumably Elvis) with a werewolf mask on who carried me through the bar! Great fun!

We ordered Blue Lagoon cocktails and got a free t-shirt :)

Charlie Chaplin's: Performance and cocktails

by clueless83 Written Mar 17, 2008

Charlie Chaplin's is a popular pub/bar in Salou. They serve cocktails and there's a DJ and live entertainment.

This is not a pub suitable for children. The first time I came here the entertainment was a stripper named 'The Python'. Lets just say there was whipped cream and audience participation involved and you get to see (literally) where The Python gets his name from.

The second time I visited this pub the entertainment was a drag queen. I didn't really see the act as I was sitting outside but I'm sure it was good fun.

See the web link below for more....

• CHRISTY'S IRISH BAR: THE LANGERS live music

by sedarico Written Feb 28, 2007

Christy's Irish Bar without a doubt must be the best place in Salou for live music and atmosphere. It caters for all ages and there's plenty of song and dance going on. People get up from the audience to join the band from time to time and there's always someone willing to demonstrate Irish dancing. If you have never tried Irish dancing this is the place to go to try without a care!! The band "The Langers" are an excellent three piece that play everything from traditional Irish music to rock and pop. They play Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Irish drum, Banjo, Accordion, Pipes, Whistles etc and they all sing so it's very lively. Songs from Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, Tracey Chapman, U2, R.E.M, Mundy, The Pouges, The Dubliners, The Beatles, The Monkeys, The Waterboys etc. They start at 10.00pm and play on till 1.30a.m with Fergal's Cheezy Cheerfull Free shots give away on their break which is a first there first served music quiz. All major sports are shown on one big screen and three big plasma screens so no matter how buisy the bar is there's always a view in comfort. There are two pool tables if you fancy a game. The bar staff are friendly and up for a laugh and add to the unique atmosphere. The drink is good with nightly promotions. NO SLOPS!! When your night of live music and dancing is over and you feel the urge for a late dance all the local night clubs are no more than a 1 minute walk down the hill and around the corner from Christy's. If you need something to eat at that hour there's also a few places in the immediate area, 2 minutes walking. Enjoy!!

Dress Code: Leprechaun suit and Irish dancing shoes essential!! No dress code

• School Holidays

• Umfufu's Profile Photo

This is the band i told you...

by Umfufu Written Oct 2, 2002

This is the band i told you about...its was a nice band. One night we went out with thoose guys (stupid us...i would never do it again when i use my common sense. We went to a disco up in the mountains.
    We had a great time and nothing happend to us, but hee this could have been something else!!!

Dress Code: No idear what i was wearing that evening.

Flashback: Having Flashbacks...

by clueless83 Written Feb 28, 2008

I went to Flashback a few times on my first trip to Salou and loved it! Infact I loved it so much I danced until dawn. The music is a good mixture and one song that always makes me think of Salou is 'Let's get loud' by Jennifer Lopez - which they always play here. The club had an indoor dancefloor, a conservatory and a terrace the first time I went here but when I went back to the club the conservatory and the terrace were closed off and the club was much quieter unfortunately. Still, if you go to Salou, Flashback is definitely worth a look, its much better than Snoepys!

Rovers Return: One for the Brits

by clueless83 Written Mar 17, 2008

Unless you are a Brit I would give the Rovers Return a miss.

If you are a Brit, however, then the Rovers Return is your typical family friendly holiday pub. I do remember being made to stand up on my chair (with the rest of the pub) to sing along to some song. I also remember that the cocktails here are very strong, mine was tasty though I can't remember what it was called, my boyfriend drank a Zombie which tasted like pure alcohol!

If you're looking for a sophisticated cocktail bar to meet lots of trendy 20 somethings, go elsewhere, but if you're on a family holiday and want a lively pub with a very English atmosphere you might enjoy the Rovers Return.

Dress Code: No dress code

• Town Center: Paint The Town RED

by CrazyHomo Written Nov 4, 2006

The Team At The Start Of The Season

Hello, I have just finished a full sumer season reppin for thomas cook in salou so thought i would share out night-life photos and tell ya the v.best place's to go!!!

If You are off to salou here's were you need to go

Picaddillys - bus stop - 007 - chaplins - crocs - snoepys!!!

Dress Code: Always dress to impress alto the locals dont hehe - TRENDY

• Ludders's Profile Photo

champions bar / rovers return: Great entertainer

by Ludders Written Jun 24, 2005

For the last two years weve visited jugglers bar which used to provide a break from the kids with a great kids clown. This act is well worth a visit, since the bar closure he has moved into Champions. Top night you will enjoy and its free if your drinking.

Also worth a visit is the rovers return which is set into caves on a cliff top, head straight to the sea from the oasis park and its on your right, shows all the latest movies. also has a great view. No Pics hence the train!

Dress Code: casual

• Jugglers: One for the kids - and the adults too

by thebrownz Written Apr 28, 2004

If you have got children with you, the best place to go is Jugglers.
    We have spent an awful lot of time here and even though my child is now a teenager, she still wants to go! She says it is fun, friendly and for families.
    Right, this is the deal -
    There is a clown called Coco, he amuses the children with dancing, juggling, pass the parcel, baloon modelling etc etc.
    The adults are encouraged to interact (the clown does come out with some funnies especially for the adults.)
    The bar staff are also very friendly and join in the fun.
    You get to relax with a drink, watch your child have fun with other children and be entertained.
    Then when thats over there is a quiz which the whole family can take part in.
    What more could you want?
    If you are in Salou for 2 weeks, you will find that if you go regularly, you could put on the show yourself - it is very similar from night to night and from year to year - but the children still love it and you still get to relax.

Dress Code: Anything goes. Salou is a fairly relaxed informal place so your fave jeans/trousers are fine. Lets face it - the owner is dressed in a clown outfit!

• Umfufu's Profile Photo

We meet and made a lot of...

by Umfufu Written Oct 2, 2002

We meet and made a lot of friends there. Some were Dutch like we, some were German and others English.
    I liked the guy on my right the best...his name is Andreas, and i still got a letter from him...

Dress Code: The way you like it best....

Outside Equusbar....you can...

by Umfufu Written Oct 2, 2002

Outside Equusbar....you can see its really crouwded hihi. I dont think this is the place we have meet all our new friends. But inside there were a lot of locals who made music and clapt their hands .....real cool!

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Snoepys: Not as good as Flashback!

by clueless83 Written Apr 22, 2010

Snoepys is a fairly popular nightclub in Salou but both times I went here I found that the music really wasn't my cup of tea (bit too dancy trancy for me).

The first time round however (on my girls holiday, not my couples holiday) I did notice that the barmen were all topless and wearing bow ties. The promotions men are rather friendly but unfortunately I have no photos to accompany this tip as yet because it would mean digging out my old photo album and doing a bit of scanning, so ladies you'll just have to take my word for it! ;-)

• Music

Bus Stop: Fancy a shag?

by clueless83 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bus Stop bar on Avinguda d'Andorra sells (or did sell when I was there) a beer called 'Shag' which I can imagine is pretty popular for its name alone.

Bus Stop was a haunt of my girly holiday and closed for refurbishment on my couples holiday - probably a good thing because there were some lush barmen here the first time round! ;-)

• Beer Tasting

• Ludders's Profile Photo

scoundrils/jugglers and victoria: Pubs closing!

by Ludders Written Aug 12, 2006

shame to see my three favourite pubs closed!
    scoundrills was great for the family but been shut for two years. jugglers has gone for good with the excellent entertainer moving to champions on the main drag.
    The victoria will reopen just want to see what it becomes

Instant Answers: Salou

Comments

Salou Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Salou nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Salou sightseeing.