Salou Restaurants

Parrot Pub in October.
    Saporedimare Restaurant
    by alectrevor
    Picture not Smugglers !!!!!

Most Recent Restaurants in Salou

• the grapevine: avoid like the plague !!

by jimjampjman Written Jun 11, 2011

resturant called THE GRAPEVINE salou this was up near the main area but the food was awful .garlic bread served mouldy!!! fillet of steak full of fat then was told when it was sent bk they had none. chicken under cooked !!! grilled prawns dint even get touched ,cost 75euro's 4 a pile of crap this is the worst place me and my family have ever gone avoid it like the plague for your healths sake !!!!!

Favorite Dish: none

• elvarose's Profile Photo

Can Blas: The best restaurant in Salou !

by elvarose Updated Apr 4, 2011

We did not think much of the food in Salou until we found this small family-owned restaurant.
    Excellent food and the service was fast and friendly.

Favorite Dish: The beef was good and the veal was sooo tender. The baked potatoes must have been baked all day, the best I have had!
    Be sure to try Cava, it is like champagne but made in Spain.

Pig and Whistle: Bar/ Restaurant

by mustertal Updated Oct 23, 2010

Moules

The Pig and Whistle, is a Spanish bar, which also does reasonable meals, they have a large selection to chose from. It is very family friendly, and they do provide high chairs and bibs for the younger children.
    The atmosphere is friendly, you can sit in the glass conservatory or in small cubicles just off the bar area.

Favorite Dish: We started with a bowl of Moules between us, then I went on to have pie and mash, my other half went for the steak, followed by ice cream. It was good, but the veg let it down a little (frozen peas and carrots).
    Th drink we had a jug of Sangria, which went down very well.

Vil-la Alexander: Pure Elegance

by mustertal Updated Oct 23, 2010

Octopus with sweet potato mash.

This restaurant is now Italian cuisine, unlike 2008 we did not eat here.

The Vil-la Alexander is set on in an old Villa with views overlooking the Mediterranean sea, in the centre of Salou. The court yard has tables set out with beautiful monogrammed table cloths, and, the cutlery is silver plated. There is a feeling of decadence here, so this was a one off treat for me. Classical music was playing in the background.

If you go in the evening, dress is smart casual, no shorts or T-shirts.

Favorite Dish: I had for starters the Fish soup with Shatarki mushrooms, followed by Octopus with a Sweet potato mash, for desert I had the Tiramisu, all beautifully presented, and cooked to perfection. All washed down with a nice glass of red wine.

Hola Ola: Menu del Dia

by mustertal Updated Aug 30, 2009

Hola Ola, is a typical Spanish restaurant/bar.
    They serve Tapas and typical Spanish food.
    The restaurant/bar, has a very relaxed atmosphere with simple furnishing and good food. The television is playing all day long, and you can always catch a football game on Saturday nights.
    It allows people to smoke, so if this offends you give it a miss.

Favorite Dish: We had the menu el dia (menu of the day), there was a salad to start, followed by Cuban rice (egg and rice with a tomato sauce). Next we had Pork and chips, dessert was ice cream. All this with a bottle of wine and water for €9:90.

Gran Chic: Gourmet Restaurant

by mustertal Updated Oct 24, 2008

We went into the Gran Chic to have their menu El Dia (menu of the day). The staff greeted us saying " we don't open for another half hour, but if you'd like to wait and have a drink that's fine ", so that what we did. This gave us plenty of time to browse the menu, that's when we spotted the "Gourmet menu el dia" a 6 course meal with champagne. Well why not............................?
    The restaurant was small and elegant, simply decorated and very quiet music playing in the background.
    The service was excellent and attentive and the food just perfect.
    The waitress told us about every dish as it came and topped our glasses up with champagne at every opportunity,

Favorite Dish: Ok, first off
    No1Tiny piece of toast with a fish patty
    No2 Tossed Salad with fish.
    No3 Soup with caviar
    No4 Char Grilled Pork with char grilled peppers and onions
    No5 Char Grilled Beef steak with char grilled veg,
    No6 Coffee and Cinnamon home made ice cream

It was all just perfect, cooked to perfection.

• Acuamar: Good restaurants

by GUILLEMMAS Written Aug 27, 2008

I live in Reus (10 min from Salou).
    From Girona Airport to Salou the distance it.s around 200Km and there is a transport company (If you need the info I can supply to you).
    Things to do:
    - Port Aventura
    - Visit Cambrils (4km from Salou and famous for restaurants and Port) you can go by bus or boat.
    - Visit Reus (Modernist art)
    - Tarragona (Roman Place)
    - Parc Samá and Escornalbou Castle.

Good restaurants in Salou: I can recommend Restaurante José Luis Arceiz - Menu ejecutivo around 25€ and very nice. Restaurante Castillo de Javier (daily menu +-35€)- Restaurante Casa Font - Nice seafood and different opcions o menu.
    Normally the menu includes: starter - main - desert and wine and I think it's the best option.

In Cambrils resraurant Acuamar - No menu. Pprice around 50€/person but very nice seafood.
    If you need more info I can supply internet adresses.
    Enjoy yr holidays.
    Guillem.

• gunieverebmoist's Profile Photo

rio grande: chile

by gunieverebmoist Written Dec 12, 2006

superlicious, as my desperatly sad and old git of a secret lover took his family somewhere nice I was left to my own devices(again) initialy went in for a drink but was so tempted by the fabulous menu that I stayed for hours. Wow the chile is fab, cosmic, brill, stupendously superb and jolly nice. Utterly brilliant, no better than that, its a bit good. splendid even! I liked it. Great place, friendly, good value and so very tasty. Take cash; no credit cards.

Favorite Dish: I may have mentioned this but.......try the chillllllleeeee.................

• jakonotorious's Profile Photo

smugglers: yum

by jakonotorious Written Sep 20, 2006

Super. Fanriffic. Friendly. yum yum. Big menu, good beer. yum. Take cash, they dont take credit cards.

Favorite Dish: So much, so often, but the fish and chips was great. I know you go all the way to spain and end up with fish and chips, I never have it at home!

• Texas Embassy: good quality and fair priced food

by razza92 Written Sep 2, 2006

The texas embassy is a great place to go and it at.
    First off the staff are friendly and helpful, the food it delicious and the food is fair priced alot cheaper than some other places.
    It caters for the whole family so if you have young children with you they have a tv where you can watch cartoons the news or whatever you want( not big brother or soaps).
    The person who stands outside and pulls you in is billy and if you go there you will get to know him and find out how friendly, funny and helpful he is.

Favorite Dish: I had 2 favourite dishes from this restaurant.
    Te first is the ribs, they are cooked to perfection so the meat will easily fall off the bones and you dont have to chew at it.
    My second favourite dish is the serloin steak which is cooked to how you want it. If you have this dish then have the pepper sauce with it because that is lovely.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Villa Magda: Excellent food, out of the buzz of neon lights

by DSwede Written Jul 3, 2006

Not being a tourist to Salou, but having the time to explore it more in depth since I was (and am again) working nearby, I thankfully stumbled upon Villa Magda.

It is a family operated, high quality restaurant. The two main hosts are brother and sister and their mother is the resident chef. They have been awarded many times with culinary honors and public mentions.

They are away from the beach and the center streets, so you are not bothered from the noise, lights and crowds of people.

Favorite Dish: They serve mostly mediterranean dishes, but their fish and seafood is the best.

You can have just about anything you want, whether it is on the menu or not. And the food is always rich, tender and suculent! The last time I was there I asked for a surprise starter before having the fidua, and was amazed with a platter of salmon fillet with tomato salsa, olive oil and pesto... wonderful.

• freds bar: fab food

by 1DONZ Written Jun 14, 2005

We ate at freds bar a few times, brilliant food nicely priced ,great with the kids, my kids just wanted to go there to hear fred say to them rice or chippies they thought this was hilarious(must of been the spanish accent). The chicken curry was amazing as were burgers.

Favorite Dish: Chicken curry half rice half chippies chunks of chicken massive portion,couldnt finish it.

• Umfufu's Profile Photo

We always had our diner and...

by Umfufu Written Oct 2, 2002

We always had our diner and breakfast in the hotel. I cant remember what the breakfast was like, but i remeber all the hot food was very nice.
    Anna served us and when we ask for 'mas' she gave us mas....Yammie!

Favorite Dish: I love all kinds of food and like the hot disshes better then bread. So thats why i cant remember i think....

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Saporedimare restaurant.: Wide choice.

by alectrevor Updated Oct 28, 2012
    Saporedimare Restaurant

This is near sea front opposite Subway Sandwich. A wide selection of memu, with pictures of dishes

Favorite Dish: Loin,chips, 2 fried eggs 7.90 euro.

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Parrot Pub: Town centre pub

by alectrevor Written Oct 28, 2012
    Parrot Pub in October.

This is a friendy bar [ british run i think ] with outside tables and inside bar.Beer sold in pints, i noticed Tetleys and John Smiths.

Instant Answers: Salou

Comments

Salou Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Salou restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Salou sightseeing.