Salou Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Salou

• solopes's Profile Photo

Don't sit in the sand

by solopes Updated Nov 18, 2014

Acquainted to the Portuguese sand, which is soft, smooth, and gentle to your body, I had a bad experience in Salou.

In my first day I became suspicious when, having rented two chairs, the guy came with an electric drill to install the umbrella. Efficient, I thought, and forgot it. Having paid for the renting more than the umbrella' cost, and with the last day limited to a couple of hours, we decided to buy an umbrella to bring back to our garden, and to sit on the towel. Bad idea! Any rock would be more comfortable, and that couple of hours were enough to make me come back home with a pain in my back and... yes, there.

Salou - Spain Salou - Spain Salou - Spain Salou - Spain
    • Beaches

• gunieverebmoist's Profile Photo

Bar Zeppelin

by gunieverebmoist Written Dec 12, 2006

While every thing about this place is in fact mighty fine, well almost everything, there is one thing so horrific, so frightening, so umittingatingly awfull that you need to be warned. If you are of a nervous disposition, then do not enter this establishment, run in fear, lock your self away, hide. The bar staff equivalent of the Kraken lurks within! A monster so hideous, so primordial, so cheap and nasty awaits your custom. Well no, you will be the one waiting till she gets her fat arse into gear and deems it appropriate to serve you. I know the custormer is never right but this is ridiculous.

• Ludders's Profile Photo

Theme park tickets

by Ludders Written Jun 24, 2005

You are going to want to go to the costa caribe park and port adventura. Dont buy tickets in the uk unless you want to spend all you time there. Keith prowse does a good deal 14 days pass with one visit to the caribe for £43!
    What familys do is sell the tickets to you in the resort or hire them out. We bought four adults passes and two kids passes for five days from a family for £80! and then sold them on for £50 which was a hugh saving. the tickets have valid dates on them and no photo id nor does anyone check signatures!
    I know someone who went in on a Oap pass last year! Also get the rates from the free books at the airport, look at the dates the water park went up during june from 9 to 18 euros. We went before the rise and they still charged us double till we went to the complaints section who refunded us! by the way this office is hidden to the right of entrance to adventura. No doubt others were ripped off. Also buy your tickets from booths like these, they accidently sold me an out of date ticket. meaning i had to buy one at the park. I went back to the booth and they refunded all my money no questions asked. so have faith in them and use them. They sell new tickets under the gate rate or buy up other peoples tickets and sell them on. You can also by bus tickets to the park at 2.5 euros return from allthe main spots in salou. Dont get a 7 euro taxi as it drops you at the bottom of a 500 meter hill where as the bus takes you all the way. Final tip if your in the caribe use the free beds away from the wave machine instead of the 4 euros my wife insisted upon!

Booths where you can get good deals on tickets

• toontraveller's Profile Photo

Floods

by toontraveller Written Sep 12, 2004

Don't come to Spain expecting floods, they are not likely to happen but just beware that they sometimes do. We stayed in 4 different places over 350 miles apart and we hit the bad weather 3 times. This is what we just missed...

Taken from the news that night

• Vikingwoman's Profile Photo

Look the door to the veranda

by Vikingwoman Written Jun 17, 2006

This should not be posible, but one day we come home we found to girls on the veranda ! They had climed over to us becouse they need help and was so afraid. They could have falled down !........

• Study Abroad
    • Seniors

• Vikingwoman's Profile Photo

Soft gun.

by Vikingwoman Written Jun 16, 2006

Some boys think its fun to use the soft gun on you by night. Be carefull and think about where you go. The police is so nice, but they can not be everywhere. This was so sad..

Instant Answers: Salou

Comments

Salou Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Salou warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Salou sightseeing.