Sitges Restaurants

by Labrix

Most Recent Restaurants in Sitges

• Santa maria: Waste of money

by Rramos Written Sep 18, 2011

We were looking forward to have a nice dinner in this restaurant after reading some of the reviews, what a mistake to say the least, in the present climate I don't think anybody is being frivolous with money but that is how it felt, my money has been wasted. Although the place was not busy waiters were not bothered to give a service. Food: Prawns €14.50 were gritty (digestive system not remove), paella for two €31.40 very very salted. All in all a disappointment

Favorite Dish: Paella and prawn were my favourite dish before I went to the Santa maria

La Pinta, La Niña & La Santa María: Great and traditional food

by Labrix Updated Jun 15, 2011

UPDATED ON JUNE 15 2011. Unfortunately, I was on La Santa María last weekend, and now it's not so good as I remembered :o(

La Pinta, La Niña and La Santa María are the names of the 3 ships that Cristobal Colon used in the Spanish expedition that discovered America in 1492.

But they're also the names of 3 restaurants in Sitges. They have the same owner, the same quality, the same price and they're in the same street. They have a large menu, with many typical specialities and the quality of the dishes is very good.

All of them are also hotels.

Favorite Dish: The paella. Even if it's typical from Valencia, here it's very good too. The fish is also wonderful and the meat has a great quality. So, who can choose?

But please, don't drink sangria, a good Catalonian or Spanish wine will be much better.

Parrots restaurant: My favourite restaurant in Sitges

by Labrix Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a gay restaurant but, obviously, is opened to everybody. The waiters are very kind and helpful, the dishes are excellent, and it's full of details, as, for example, a glass of cava with freeze raspberry liquor inside.

• Gay and Lesbian

• Can Marti Restaurant, Sitges: The best meal in 4 weeks of European travel

by gaylordtrotsky Updated Apr 4, 2011

It was a Tuesday night. There was a monsoon beating down on the town and the main street, as it is designed to be (e.g. the stepping stones between shops in the road) was a raging torrent, so this wasn't the best night for us to sample the atmosphere, but what an experience it was. From start to finish the food was well cooked, presented in an amazing way and served by two waiters who were there whenever they were required but, despite the quietness of the night, never hovered. Despite the fact that their English was almost as bad as my Spanish they never looked frustrated or impatient as I struggled to communicate. Then there was the crockery. Such unusual plates, each course with a platter that seemed to have been designed purely for that particular type of food and food that just melted in your mouth, with a selection of house wine that was unbelievable for the price.

Favorite Dish: It sounds so boring but the locally produced chocolate almonds were plain, simple but the taste was out of this world. I couldn't get the taste sensation my tastebuds experienced out of my head for weeks. This was after my palate had been tickled by steak and salad and paella to die for.

• DELICATESSEN RESTAURANT: The best in all my world trips

by lorenzo78 Written Feb 3, 2009

Very nice restaurant near the church in the street, Career Nou at number 14, nice decoration, lovely...
    We was there with 6 poeple and it was so perfect, everything, service, food, presentation, clean and very cheap for the Quality, what y never have before in all my trips around the world, Europe, USA, Australia... it' s only to recomend... go and let be surprised

Favorite Dish: Beef Tartare or the Wild Scalops Carpaccio with Trufel Oil

• Beaches

Restaurante Galicia: 100 % authentic

by Labrix Updated Aug 24, 2008

Imagine that you go to the home of your Galician aunt for dinner, who lives in a small and not touristic little town. Maybe that's the most approximated way of explaining how this restaurant is.

If you're looking for a fashion restaurant, this is definitely not your place, but if you're looking for authentic traditional Galician food, you can't miss this place. But that is not all, they also make pizza, the biggest ones that I saw in my life!

The secret of their excellent dishes is a small and elderly woman governing the kitchen.

Non recommendable restaurants in Sitges: Places to avoid

by Labrix Updated Jun 24, 2008

Many people say that eating in Sitges is expensive, well, it depens where you go. The key is: as nearer of the church, more expensive is.

Apart of this, there's also some restaurants where I had bad experiences, so here we go:

- Chiringuito: It's in the middle of the Passeig Marítim and it's really a temptation. But the food is bad, the waiters are not kind and it's expensive.

- Estrella: It's in the Carrer Major and it was one of the best tapas restaurant in Sitges, beautiful, with a reasonable price and a lot of tapas to choose, it was always full. But now it has a new owner, that changed the menu, increased the prices and decreased the quality. The people of the town don't go now, you only can see people inside in summer.

- Usaka. This japanese it's in Sant Sebastià beach. When we went there was only 1 cooker and 2 waitress for attending inside and the terrace, so they were overbooked. They spent more than 1 hour in bring us only one dish and, at the end, we cancelled the other one that never arrived (it was the main one, by the way). Overmore, the cooker and the waitress were arguing at every moment, so the ambient was not very nice.

• Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

La Santa Maria - restaurant.: You will be spoilt for choice.

by Tricky_Dicky69 Updated Jan 1, 2008

We ate at La Santa Maria on our frst night in Sitges and enjoyed it so much that we went back the next two nights as well. Sounds really boring but the food was very good and the service was first class. Even though the menu was huge with loads to choose from my Wife had the same dish 2 nights running. ( sea bass )

The choices available on the menu are huge. I have never eaten at a restaurant anywhere that has offered such an extensive menu. We could have eaten there every night for a week and wouldn't have struggled to make a choice.

We will definitely go back if we ever return to Sitges.

Tricky Dicky's rating 9.5 / 10

Taken across the road from La Santa Maria.
    • Seniors
    • Gay and Lesbian

• tojoh's Profile Photo

Al Fresco!!: Lunch in Sitges

by tojoh Written Jul 27, 2007

Looking for a place to eat lunch, we walked through the narrow streets of the city to Al Fresco café. A lunch restaurant at street level and a gourmet restaurant with the same name in the basement. This was not the place for large portions, but what was served was delicious.
    Eating at Al Fresco Café was an entirely charming experience. In a light and rustic atmosphere with one row of tables of chairs we had great service and above all brilliant food.
    We all decided to order the same food.

Favorite Dish: Oven baked lamb served with crisp sweet and ordinary potatoes.
    It was very different from what I had expected. I had visioned slices of lamb served medium, i.e. pink to red in the middle.
    The lamb served at Al Fresco Café had been very thinly sliced and baked, and had a very special seasoning. It reminded me of Moroccan spices. I tried to figure out what herbs and spices they had used, as I tasted cumin and coriander seeds, but there were definitely other spices used as well.
    I had, however, expected additional vegetables to the lamb, as the amount of potatoes did not match the amount of meat. Unusual, as it usually works the other way. More of the inexpensive ingredients, less of the expensive.
    We had a wonderful, dry white wine served with the lamb. An unusual choice, but in this case it matched.
    For dessert we ordered white chocolate mousse with raspberries. Yum. The sweet, honey like taste of the white chocolate and the acidity of the raspberries. Al Fresco was a great place to eat, and if I return I will visit the gourmet restaurant and write a review.

Interior The delicious lamb
    • Wine Tasting

• tojoh's Profile Photo

Santa Maria Hotel: Paella and Arroz Negre!!

by tojoh Written Jul 27, 2007

The hotel has a traditional Spanish interior, light walls, and wooden details. No minimalism here. Some would call it a little kitch, I would rather call it rustic. There were plenty of charm inside, but we were led to a table outside on a terrace, overlooking the restaurant and with a view to the sea.
    We were well seated by an elegant round table with a white tablecloth. I absolutely loved the atmosphere.
    We paid around €100 for a dinner for four, two sharing one entree and one arroz negre and a paella, and including a good bottle of white wine. Very reasonable from our perspective. The food, however, was good but not great. This means that it is no full score, but it gives reasonably good value for money eating here.
    As John speaks Spanish very well, he took care of the situation and ordered our food and wine. We did not find out whether the staff could guide us through an order in English, but the staff did their work well. We did not have to wait long, neither on the food nor wine.

Favorite Dish: We ordered gambas al ajillo, small shrimps in garlic, tomatoes and a lot of olive oil. So delicious in fat, that we used the bread served, to soak up the liquid on the trays. Yum!!
    Then they brought the large tray of Paella. It looked absolutely great, rice, onion boiled rabbit and squid in a rich tomato sauce, garnished with lemon, large prawns, mussels and langoustines (or Norway Lobsters)
    It had a good rich taste, the mussels were great, but the squid was a little overcooked being a little tough to chew. I tucked into the prawns and langoustines and they did not seem very fresh.
    But all in all it was a fairly good experience.
    I had tasted the arroz negre before, at La Fonda in Barcelona, and I loved it. This dish is so dramatic - the black squid ink colouring the rice and seafood adding flavour to it, as well.
    My arroz negre experience at Santa Maria was clearly beating by the one I had eaten before. Once again, the squid was tough to chew, and I did not fancy the consistency of the whole dish. It looked like something digged out of a puddle.
    Still it tasted reasonably good, but my favourite for the evening was the paella.
    We enjoyed a dry, but very fruity white wine that matched the food very well.

Paella Exterior Arroz negre

• eurotravels's Profile Photo

Chiringuitos: Very disappointing tapas restaurant

by eurotravels Updated Jul 24, 2005

Favorite Dish: We ate at the Chiringuitos on the beach side of the Passeig de la Ribera. It was a poor choice. The prawns were expensive (18 Euro) for approximately 8 prawns and were not properly cleaned. The tables had not been cleaned for weeks - even the serviette holder was covered in grease and grime. We accidentally sat at a table right outside the one toilet so every couple of minutes we were greeted with the sound of flushing (the toilet was also a bit grubby as it was used by both men and women).
    It was a shame as the waiter service was otherwise very good, but nothing really gets over the feeling that you are going to have the trots all day (to be fair, we didn't).

• gaston_febus's Profile Photo

Tapas

by gaston_febus Written Feb 7, 2004

There is a really great Basque style tapas bar at the bottom of Carrer Major (I think) going towards the sea. It is only small so be prepared for a crush but the tapas is great, the staff and customers very friendly and it is cheap. Be careful though as it is easy to just munch all night and spending more than you bargained!

• Roman4's Profile Photo

La Santa Maria Restaurante: Lo mejor una paella

by Roman4 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Buena relacion Calidad / Precio.
    De 1 a 10 puntos : 9

Favorite Dish: Cualquier tipo de paella. Sobre todo la de Marisco.

Santa Maria Restaurante

Pizzeria Cap de la Vila: Homemade pasta & pizza

by Labrix Written Nov 2, 2007

Opened in 1966, It was the first pizzeria in Spain. They have good service and high quality.

Favorite Dish: Obviously, the pizza. But the pasta is also very good, it's selfmade.

Instant Answers: Sitges

Comments

Sitges Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sitges restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sitges sightseeing.