Alcoy Travel Guide

Beautifull house
    Serpis

Alcoy Things to Do

• Moors & Christians Festival

The Alcoy Moors & Christians Festival is one of the biggest in Spain and not to be missed if you are around Alcoy in late April.The costumes are amazing, and the whole city gets involved. Parades can be very long, (hours worth!) so go prepared with a cushion and a camera with a fully charged battery!

• The Serpis river

Right through the city of Alcoy runs the Serpia river. The pictures are taken just outside of the city. Its very nice to walk along the river and you can even go for a swim.

• Beautiful houses

When you walk along the historical city center of Alcoy, along your way you will see lots of beautiful facades of houses.

Alcoy Restaurants

• Chinese in Small Town Spain

Figuring out the whole when restaurants ARE and AREN'T open in a Spanish town can be a little daunting to an American who is used to 24/7 access to pretty much everything. I guess that's part of the reason why I love Chinese in Spain! They're almost always open - even during Siesta!This particular Chinese restaurant - which I've visted MANY times,...

• Really Great Tapas!

My friends who live in Alcoy recommended this restaurant to me, but were not able to accompany me. I am a non-Spanish speaker (my bad) so I always start conversations with "Habla Inglais, por favor?" There was a pretty definite "No." to my question. A little more unsettling was the fact that they don't even offer menus! I usually ask for a menu...

• Get the Lamb!

This is probably the largest restaurant in Alcoy - well, on the road into Alcoy, just adjacent to the brick factory. It's always packed. It's got a HUGE dining room, and a HUGE outdoor seating area for warmer weather.The food is just downright good. The servings are more than generous. The starters are all equally beautifully presented and fabulous...

Alcoy Transportation

• dinamcb's Profile Photo

by dinamcb Written Jan 26, 2007

The local bus system in Alcoy is GREAT. Easy to use (even for a non-Spanish speaker like me!), affordable - okay, let me amend that - SUPER affordable, and really wonderfully thought out. You can get just about anywhere in Alcoy on the bus - in a timely manner.

I love that the buses are air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. I also love that the bus drivers - in my experience thus far anyway - are patient with this Americana that's sometimes a little slow on the uptake!

• Festivals
    • National/State Park

Alcoy Shopping

• Need a new road map?!

We desperately needed a better scale (and more up-to-date) road map, so stopped in Alcoy to try to find one. Ex Libris came up trumps with quite a few to choose from, downstairs in the academic department. Friendly staff too.It was fairly easy to find, as it was just down the road from a large underground car park. It's open 8am-2pm, and 5pm-8pm.

• Fresh food

Like everywhere in Spain? Alcoy has a big Mercado (market) building. Here you can buy all the fresh food that you need if you want to cook your own meal.

• Alcoy Hotels

0 Hotels in Alcoy

Alcoy Local Customs

• benidormone's Profile Photo
    Religious celebration

by benidormone Written Oct 25, 2005

In the month September a big religous celebration takes place in Alcoy. A huge parade is going through the streets at that time.

• Festivals

Instant Answers: Alcoy

Comments

Explore Deeper into Alcoy
Map of Alcoy