Alicante Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Alicante

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

RESTAURANTE GRANA: SOME GOOD LOCAL RICE DISHES

by MaheshSamtani Updated Apr 12, 2009

If you are under the impression that a rice dish is only limited to the well know dish of PAELLA - you are surely not on track - Alicante is said to be the province of Spain where the variety of rice dishes is supposed to be the most extense. It is said that you can have a different dish of rice each day of the year without repeating the same dish - that surely is a big one.

A good place to enjoy these rice dishes is on a beach side restaurant in Campello, just a few kilometres off the city of Alicante, which I visited recently and surely had a great time.

The location of the restaurant itself is well worth a visit. The ambience is good, within a classic local decoration. The service is good. This place is not the cheapest place that you will find but you surely are going to have a meal to remember for around 30/40 Euros per person with good wine. I like to have a white wine from Alicante with my rice dishes; it is called MARINA ALTA and is available at this place. It is a light fruity sparkling wine. Delicious.

The menu has a very good variety of dishes to choose from and the starters are great. Go here with some time - keep around 2 - 3 hours to enjoy a sumptuous meal and enjoy the views of the beach from your table.

Favorite Dish: Langostinos for starters along with salazones de la casa
    My choice of rice was Rape con gambas - a 100% seafood variety
    Fideua de atun - this is the noodle version of the paella ( just to give you an idea)

With Juan Manuel the boss and his brother the chef a deliciuos starter - langostinos The rice with prawns and fish delicious desert
    • Business Travel

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bwana's travelling restaurant: A picnic in our car

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jan 24, 2009

It was about 11:30 AM when we finished exploring the grounds surrounding the lighthouse at Cabo de San Antonio and hunger pangs were starting to set in. Fortunately, the nature park connecting the nearby peak of Montgó with the Cabo features a very nice car park area on the edge of a sharp 160 meter drop-off, providing both excellent views and a place for a picnic in our car.

Speaking of Montgó (as seen in the 3rd photo), Wikipedia says it "is a mountain in eastern Spain which rises to 753 meters (2470 feet) at the edge of the Mediterranean Sea. It is the last spur on the Betics Mountain Range and is located in the Marina Alta region in the north of the province of Alicante between the towns of Denia and Jávea. The mountain rises dramatically from the valley floors surrounding it and dominates the skyline for miles around. Its craggy cliffs are home to some of the most unique flora and fauna in Spain. The mountain is renowned for its rock formations, cliffs, caves and natural harbours."

Favorite Dish: As is usual with us on many of our road trips, we had stocked up with a few basic groceries from a supermarket to bring with us in our car so we could stop and prepare sandwiches when and wherever the urge hits us. In this case, we had whole wheat bread, tomatoes, Gouda cheese and mayonnaise for sandwiches and a small cup of wine each as we enjoyed the wide sweeping vista spread out before us. Only one other car stopped briefly during our stay there, so it was a very peaceful spot.

Cabo de San Antonio view over J��vea Thick vegetation surrounding the car park Our picnic spot & distant peak of Mount Montg��
    • National/State Park

• SPOON concepto Alicante: fabulous fusion for a much needed change..

by cocolattte Written Jan 16, 2009

contemporary and cool, and such a refreshing change from the sea front and the tourist trail.. for something different and a bit smart without being ripped off, this place is heavenly. freshest ingredients, presented beautifully, i jsut loved it after a week of holiday food this is the place i want to return to the most.
    tuna and steaks and starters to die for... simple brief menu, they prepare what they know they are good at, not just miles of the same old stuff.. jsut perfect.

if you dont have a decent date, go for a business lunch and impress your associates with something a bit different in a city full of the same old..

Favorite Dish: if you like a hint of sashimi, or a really really good steak, or jsut a very cool spot with the beautiful people..

• Business Travel

• raquelitalarga's Profile Photo

Buen Comer: Doesn't live up to it's name!

by raquelitalarga Updated Sep 10, 2008

We chose this on a Sunday evening and as we didn't know the centre this seemed one of the best options open. Funnily enough it's name means 'good food/eating'!! However....we didn't get what we ordered, what we got was a tiny....well cooked fish but no veg and not even bread to accompany it. The huge IVA charge and price for a water and small beer added a lot onto the final bill. The waiters treated us like what we were....tourists they would never see again.
    We were so hungry when we left we ended up buying cakes at a late night bakery!

• raquelitalarga's Profile Photo

Mare Meua: A Great Find!!

by raquelitalarga Updated Sep 10, 2008

This is a wonderful place! It's difficult to describe the decor..... possibly OVER THE TOP...'elderly' wildly dressed up mannequins are enjoying a meal as you enter. Loads of great and not so great art to look at as you enjoy the excellent food.
    Like all the other locals, we went for the 10 euro lunch special (IVA included). I can recommend the crepes with roquefort cheese, pears and walnuts. We had good quality lomo for the main but there were loads of choices. I enjoyed the bowl I ate my dessert out of more than the food itself! (I asked and they are designer made from Paris!)
    I get the feeling the owner is a minor celebrity in Alicante but it would take a few visits more to find out!

• The Bistro , Coveta Fuma: Best Fillet Steaks Ever

by campelloboy Written Jun 25, 2008

A superb restaurant in Coveta Fuma just north of Campello on N332. Run by an english couple, Andy (also the chef) and Jean. Nice terrace surrounded by other bars and restaurants, inside is beautifully appointed. Andy & Jean go out of their way to make you welcome.

Favorite Dish: THE FILLET STEAK IS AMAZING. TENDER, COOKED TO PERFECTION AND AS THE MENU SAYS, GUARANTEED FRESH.

ALSO THE RACK OF BABY BACK RIBS...ANDY MAKES A SUPERB MARINADE FOR THESE.

• Nicky-IRE's Profile Photo

cafe mercado central: easy living!!

by Nicky-IRE Written Mar 25, 2008

Right behind the central market (mercado central which is on Avenida Alfonso el Sabio) there is a lovely square which has two cafes and some flower shops. These are lovely places to go for a beer and some traditional spanish tapas for lunch, it closes around 4pm I think. Its often difficult to get a seat as it is very popular, but it is well worth the wait. Great atmosphere and good food and beer while sitting in the sunshine and soaking up Alicante social life! Also its right beside the central market which is fantastic for buying meat, fish, fruit, veg, pastries, etc, so you can´t loose!! There are also a number of other little bars in the vicinity, so do the traditional tapas crawl and pick one of two dishes in each bar with a beer and keep on moving!!

• Lizarran: loved it!!

by jessper Written Mar 19, 2008

Loved the food there was sooo much to choose from and the price was so good! I ate here nearly every day when I stayed in Alicante last year! There is two of these tye of restrants in Alicante and they are both very central and always buzzing especially in the evening and night time!! I will return to Alicante this year and I can't wait to get my hand on some more of these delicios tapas!!!
    Tapas here usually cost around EUR 1.20 and on a typical visit you would comsume about 10 tapas so it is very resonalble.
    This type of dining is very original and from what I can see, it is rarly found elsewhere (outside Spain!) - thats why I love to eat here when I go to Alicante!!

Favorite Dish: I didn't really have a favorite! I tried them all and I loved them all!

• raquelitalarga's Profile Photo

Lizarran Tapas Bars: Filling!

by raquelitalarga Written Feb 14, 2008

I am not usually a fan of chain restaurants but Lizarran is an exception!
    Despite always being busy the staff are friendly and helpful. They come round the tables constantly with hot tapas options...I enjoyed the fried fish. Order your drinks at the bar, take a plate and help youself. The cost is worked out when your finally full by how many sticks are on your plate. There is quite a range of choices,including veggie... empanada de espinaca was good.

• gOdOtPm's Profile Photo

Restaurant L'Indret: Veggies' Paradise

by gOdOtPm Updated Oct 3, 2007

L'Indret tries to adapt their dishes to all vegetarian options and they warn you before writing down your order when they put some yoghourt or milk cream on their dishes. Their daily-changing menu includes three dishes, a drink (including wine, beer or cider) and a dessert. The options for the first dish are always carrot juice or a buffet salad that you compose by yourself out of twelve fresh ingredients. For the second and third dish there are always two options.

The atmosphere is very friendly, quiet until 14:30 h or so and at least one of the owners knows some English. The ornamentation and music is half Indian half Mexican (mmm, half-something) very alike to the food they offer.

Open from Monday to Saturday during lunchtime (from 13:00 to 16:00 h).
    I always book, specially when I want to have lunch after 14:00 h on Fridays or Saturdays.

Favorite Dish: I've seen the guys ruling the restaurant buying their products in the Mercado Central many times. They bake their own bread and make the salad sauces by themselves. The variety of deserts (orange, coffee or soya pudins) and teas is also remarkable... It's a pity that L'Indret is only open during lunchtimes!

The restaurant front door

• VDElvis's Profile Photo

Restaurante Miami: Bad tourist food

by VDElvis Written Oct 1, 2007

On the main walk in town, there are a number of restaurants with patios out on the sidewalk. My fiancee and I arrived in town late and just wanted a meal, we weren't too concerned about good food, and Miami looked like one of the better patio restaurants on the walk. We didn't expect much, and we got even less. We each had a pizza, and both found the pizza to be horrible. I would avoid this place.

Favorite Dish: N/A

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Mi casa: Paella´s speciality

by Carmela71 Written Sep 16, 2007

Great for group dinners. You have several options of starters and them they bring a paella for every four/five people (do not get scare of the size of the paellas, they are very thin! )

I have to say that even Stacy that is not keen on paella, he loved all of them!

Favorite Dish: The two seafood paellas were great!

How to find it: Coming from Alicante, pass the Hospital roundabout straight, the following one (Porcelanosa) turn the first on the right. Go straight, pass straight another roundabout, on the left U will see a big house with a big sign that says MI CASA, park around there. (too big for directions)

• Mette-DK's Profile Photo

La Rotonda: Just behind El Mercado

by Mette-DK Written Jun 28, 2007

This is a frequent meeting place that we have with friends, and is great to go to after doing some shopping in el mercado. The yellow chairs are La Rotunda, and is better than the blue side. Faces the three outdoor flower shops. Just a great feeling to sit and meet with friends or alone and watch people. Very reasonably priced. 4.20 friendly.

Favorite Dish: Merlucitos: fried hunks of Merluza, the fried artichokes are delicious, I also order a half tomato-jamon york-queso manchego sandwich. And.......beers! Coffee is great too.

• Beer Tasting

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

GOLDEN BAY: MORAIRA - CHINESE RESTAURANT

by MaheshSamtani Written Jun 20, 2007

If you are in Moraira and want to eat well but low cost, go to this place. You will be greeted by a Golden Budha figure at the door. It is a small cosy place just in front of the beach which is accross the road. You will find a good variety of chinese dishes of good quality at reasonable pries. The atmoshere is good and specially in the summer months between june to september which is high seson here.

• Study Abroad

• Birmany's Profile Photo

Casa Domingo: The best Valencia's paella

by Birmany Written May 28, 2006

Great service, great price and great quality are waiting for you on San Juan's beach.

Favorite Dish: As starter the menu has got plenty of fresh local products like chopitos, sardinas or calamares that won't dissapoint you at all. Talking about the main course, you better choose among the large choice of genuine paellas. My favourite: paella alicantina!!

Instant Answers: Alicante

Comments

Alicante Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alicante restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alicante sightseeing.