Benidorm Restaurants

by Hosell

Most Recent Restaurants in Benidorm

• TASTE OF INDIA: GIVE THIS ONE A WIDE BERTH

by kimberley4 Written Sep 15, 2004

The restaurant was recommended to us by a local bar owner (obviously has shares in the place). The decor is in need of an update the wallpaper was hanging from the walls and the room smelled damp. I know I should have left there and then but I am an avid Indian eater!!

We ordered chicken tikka rogan josh, tarka dall, rice, chips and garlic nan. We were asked by the waitress if we liked our meal mild, medium or hot! We opted for medium. Within 5 minutes the meal had arrived. The main meal was cooked in what I can only describe as being very similar to a sharwoods cooking sauce - disgusting! The dall tasted like gritty uncooked porridge and the garlic nan was the size of a saucer with less taste. I informed the waitress that it was the worst Indian meal I have ever been served. She informed us that the chefs were from Pakistan and the dishes they prepare are different from usual - SHE WASN'T WRONG.

My advice is to stay well away.

Favorite Dish: AN EMPTY PLATE

• helsbels's Profile Photo

Nearly all Benidorm Chineses: General comment on Chinese 'Happy meals'!

by helsbels Written Aug 14, 2004

Nearly all of the chinese restaurants offer 'happy meal' options for around 3 euros for 2 courses and coffee (or ice cream). I won't deny they have kept me fed (and therefore alive!) on many a skint day, but wanted to encourage you to keep your expectations low! For 3 euros you can't complain, it's not 'bad' food but i wouldn't say it was 'good' food either! If you can afford it, order from the menu! If you're poor and hungry, its a bargain!

Favorite Dish: The happy meals usually consist of chinese salad or spring roll, then sweet and sour chicken or a beef something served with rice or noodles, then tea, coffee or ice cream.

• helsbels's Profile Photo

The China Garden: The only Chinese worth visiting!

by helsbels Written Aug 14, 2004

The best of all the chineses in benidorm (and theres alot!) with much more variety on their menu, great service, the friendliest staff ever and excellent food. They still do cheap meal deals but i'd say its worth choosing from the menu.

Favorite Dish: Impossible to choose!

• helsbels's Profile Photo

The Singing Frog: Spoilt for choice at The Singing Frog.

by helsbels Written Jul 12, 2004

The singing frog is a tiny cafe with an enormous menu! The usual sort of thing in a british run benidorm cafe but more choice than normal. From breakfasts to baguettes, sandwiches, roast dinners, salads, burgers, main meals, half portions for kids.
    Excellent homecooked food at reasonable prices and friendly staff.

Favorite Dish: They make their own chips, big, fat, chunky, lovely chips!!

Peters: 24hr food.

by helsbels Written May 12, 2004

Its a little cafe type place serving tapas, baguettes, meals and drinks 24hrs a day 7 days a week. ideal for when you get chucked out of the clubs at 7 in the morning and another beer is in order, or you're hungry and the kebab shops shut!! You tend to get a mixture of people in there, its spanish run, so it's mainly locals (spanish locals and holiday makers and english people working out there) Friendly service with good english, reasonable prices and perfect location near to the square.

Favorite Dish: I was a big fan of boccadillo de pollo (chicken baguettes) always cooked fresh so they were always hot and only 3euros! Also a fan of the tapas, when there was 4 or more of us going there we'd tend to order a table full of stuff and all share, chicken wings, garlic bread, crab claws, meatballs, russian salad, all sorts of stuff. This way everyone gets a bit of everything, perfect for food lovers like me!!

• helsbels's Profile Photo

Woodys: best roast in town!

by helsbels Written Apr 29, 2004

It's just a little local bar, (british local not atall spanish!) Standard benidorm menu- chicken and chips, curry and chips, steak and chips etc but specials also avaliable.
    On sundays through the winter they offer the best sunday roast ever!

Favorite Dish: Roast chicken, roast pots, mash, yorkshire pud, parsnips, swede, cabbage, peas, carrots, brocoli, coliflower. and gravy!! i'd advise that u don't eat for at least 2 days before if u want to manage it all!!
    It costs a bit more than your standard roasts but worth every cent!

• Work Abroad

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Various: Sorry can't remember the names

by deeper_blue Written Feb 1, 2004

I've forgotten all the places I ate in Benidorm, but if you go you won't struggle to find what you want. I went to a Nepalese Indian Restaurant, a Mexican near the old town (with interesting furniture), a Chinese (selling authentic Chinese beer) and an Italian to name a few. There are also many places on the seafront of questionable quality.

Les Dunes: Food with a view on the beach

Les Dunes

In Les Dunes you get a very good service.The food is excellent.You can choose from a lot of disches.The prices are very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: The feidura is my favourite and after that a cafe con leche with a 43.

• benidormone's Profile Photo

Queens restaurant: Watch out for spicy food

Simone and Dirk

English restaurant and maybe for some of you unbelievable with very nice food.Only the spicy food can sometimes be a little to spicy so watch out.For 8 euro can choose a 3 course meal that changes weekly.The Sunday lunch is very good and cost 7euro50.

Favorite Dish: I like the Chicken Madras curry and as dessert the trifle.It is a typical English dessert.Just give it a try.

La cava Aragonesa: More than 44 meters of tapas

La cava aragonesa

Bar serving tapas and raciones (larger portions of tapas) located in the centre of Benidorm. This is one of the largest tapas bars (more than 44 metres of tapas). They also have an open-air café and, on the ground floor, a restaurant serving specialities such as 'lechazo de Aranda' (young lamb), 'Cochinillo de Segovia' (suckling pig) and 'Buey a la Piedra' (beef). In addition we have an extensive wine list with a range of 175 wines selected from the entire country.

Favorite Dish: It is impossible to choose so much choice never seen anything like it.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Restaurant in the mountains: El Trestellador

by Carmela71 Written Nov 8, 2003

Great place to eat: we have some revueltos, stuffed peppers.... and more things I do not remember lol and a great Paella (and I am Spanish, so I know what I am talking about), was only for locals.. only a table was foreigner (Germans always find the good places lol)

• cwest03's Profile Photo

Nermut: Turkish Food In Benidorm

by cwest03 Written Jul 29, 2003

Oh Yeah, I got my döner fix in Benidorm. Any chance I get to eat döner I hop on in. Unfortunately the first time we came across this place we had just finished dinner so we had a small snack with raki followed by coffee and tea. My mouth was watering watching the döner kebap spin around.

As you might have guessed I was there the next night to sample their döner kebap platter which came with döner, bread and fries. It was delicious and I highly recommend it.

In addition to a sit down restaurant they have a walk up window for those who want to order a döner kebap sandwich and eat as they go.

Favorite Dish: The döner kebap is by far my favorite althougth everything here is good. The people who work in the restaurant are very friendly as well.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Venta-Meson CASA LORENZO: Don't miss the meats in garlic sauce!

by Hosell Updated Jul 9, 2003

This restaurant has specialites in spanish cuisine.Don't miss all meat with garlic sauce and all grilled meat.
    Chicken in Garlic Sauce
    Rabbit in Garlic Sauce
    Grilled Entrecote
    Entercote with pepper Sauce
    Cordon Blue Cutlet.
    And also some nice dishes made with fresh fish,as Emperador or Merluza a la Vasca.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

LA TASCA DEL PUEBLO: Ask for Meat and Fresh fish dishes!

by Hosell Updated Jul 9, 2003

My favorite restaurant in Benidorm, is LA TASCA DEL PUEBLO, in the old town.Are specialities in International and spanish cuisine.Try the Lasagna,and the Entrecote with pepper sauce.And the Prawn Cocktail!!.

Moderna: For the best cakes

by benidormone Written Jul 22, 2005

Moderna

If you like coffee and cake this is the place to be. You can choose out of a big variety of cakes. They are all wonderful and delicious.

Instant Answers: Benidorm

Comments

Benidorm Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Benidorm restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Benidorm sightseeing.