Denia Shopping

Fresh veggies were wonderful.
    Beautiful rustic style furniture
    by rachel_sun
    Beautiful table i bought.

Most Recent Shopping in Denia

• Mercado Municipal: Fruit and veg to die for

by Keith41 Updated Jun 3, 2006

The large indoor market, many stalls with local fruit, veg, meat and fish. Very tasty and much cheaper than UK. The locals make a social event of it by stopping off for a coffee or beer. The fruit is just fantastic and the chicken I bought had much more taste than the sellophane offerings from my local multinational.

What to buy: Fruit, meat

What to pay: about half the price of UK supermarkets

• Rustiko: Furniture

by Wendy-H Written Sep 1, 2005

Beautiful, Ethnic, quality furniture, soft furnishings, ornaments, pictures etc.
    This shop sells top quality items for your home or to bring back with you.
    The quality and choice are excellent.
    I only bought a couple of things but hope to get some more on my next visit.

What to buy: Everything you need if you are trying to furnish a home in spain.
    Beautiful tables, chairs, settees, etc.

What to pay: Not cheap, but still good value for money

• Caprabo: Supermarket that sells everything.

by Wendy-H Written Jul 20, 2005

A very large 2 storey supermarket which sells absolutely everything.
    If like me you have a property which you are trying to furnish and equip and you dont know the area or the language very well, this shop is really good. as well as being a very large supermarket with great choice of food and drink, you can buy TVs, Hi Fi, BBQ, Bikes, Mattresses and beds, some basic furniture, all the bits and pieces you need like washing line, buckets, pans etc etc

What to buy: Just about everything.

What to pay: Really well priced for food and drink.
    Other stuff is competitive too.

Supermarkets: Warmth in winter

Lovely open fire

As we went to Spain at Christmas time we decided to have an open fire in our place.We went to a local shop which sold food and saw logs for sale.They were about 3 euros for a huge bag of 8.That was enough to last a couple of days.You can buy logs in bulk if you are living there which are better value but for people like us who do not live there as yet we just wanted a few.Any food shop will sell logs in winter.I really enjoyed having a open fire.

Casa: Casa

by rachel_sun Written Jan 7, 2005

This shop is along the main road into Denia.Where all the big stores are .Near Mac Donalds and the Cabrabo Supermarket.Casa has a huge choice of household things.This time I saw this tiny buddha and bought it as it was only 9 euros.Casa has lots of things for your home, kitchen ware and lanterns and candles.We also bought a chrome drainer for plates for an amazing 4 euros.They sell plates and small pieces of furniture and towels and loads of garden things and hot tubs.

• Hiking and Walking

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo

Ruskito along main road.Near Casa and Mac D's: Rustic Charm.

by rachel_sun Written Jan 7, 2005
    Pic we found at a great price.

What to buy: My fav shop has to be Rustiko still.It is abit pricey but if you look around you can pick some bargains up.We found this pic at a good price £50.There are often things that are marked down.This place is now selling Japanese style furniture.The shop next door to Rustiko is now selling a few nice pieces of furniture too.Same side of road, to the right as you walk into the store.We bought two bedside cabinets from shop next door.Both shops are well worth checking out.

• Hiking and Walking

Electronic shops along Ondara Denia road: Shop around for special offers

by rachel_sun Written Apr 21, 2004
    Microwave that set my back ��30.

We have just been out to Spain and I bought a few more electronic items for my home.I've found that its best to shop around as shops have special offers on on certain items at diff times.One store I bought a small hoover for £30 but did not buy a microwave from same shop as they were £50+.So I just got the hoover and looked around and found a microwave in another store on special offer for £30.Its worth shopping around as if u buy everything all from one shop you will be paying more for some items that in other stores.

What to buy: I found tv's the cheapest in the supermarket as I mentioned earlier.So do take alittle time to shop around and find those bargains.

Local pottery and tiles: Potty

by rachel_sun Written Apr 21, 2004
    Plenty of good local craft at amazing prices.

There are many places selling pottery all over the Costa Blanca.You will see large shops selling many items on side of roads like in picture.They sell beautiful handmade pots and tiles and also statues etc and great stone garden furniture.The choice is huge and the prices are fabulous.I bought a huge pot for my garden and it was parly glazed and it was only £20.It would cost at least £50 here in England.I also bought some beautiful Valencian tiles with my house number on to put outside my house on my gate.They were 4 euros

What to buy: When I live in Spain I will buy alot more pots as they are beautiful standing alone and empty or beautiful housing plants.I also bought a nice jug for wine and some handmade egg cups which were 2 euros each.

Caprobo: Caprobo Supermarket.

False plant i bought.

Here is one of the false plastic plants i bought.I also bought 3 others just to brighten my house up abit and i know they cannot die ;-)..I also bought a throw and matching cushions and a bin and bbq and a number of other goods for my house.I found this supermarket better value for most household goods than anywhere else.It also opens and does not shut for siesta.It shuts at 10pm every night.

What to buy: 5 euros for plastic plant,15 euro for a throw, 10 euros for two cushions,10 euros for a small bbq,15 euros for a large kitchen bin.

Super market- Caprabo: Electronic items-TV

TV that we bought.

In Denia there is a huge supermarket which has everything you could think of under the sun.It has food and toiletries and hairdressers and perfume shop and bar and flower shop downstairs and upstairs it has electronic goods, pc's, tv's, dvd's,hoovers,toasters, kettles,irons,clothes, towels, kitchen ware,bedding,garden stuff, plants,diy things etc.
    Ive bought many items for my home from here.The tv in other shops was alot dearer and i found it in here for 166 euros.Its a 21 inch tv too.I could only find 14 inch tvs for same price in other shops.

What to buy: Anything for your home , throws, electronic items, pillows, sun loungers etc.I found this supermarket very good as it has everything under one roof.I bought some false plants here which to me look very real and they were only 5 euros each.

Food and Drink: Markets

by rachel_sun Written Apr 21, 2004
    Locally produced pate and sauages

Every town and village has a weekly market.You can buy clothes and pottery and food and drink and many other items so they are well worth going to.They start early in the morning and last til around lunch time.If you want to get all the bargains and best items you are best going early.You can go early and eat your breakfast there as there will probably be one stand selling coffee and snacks etc.
    Most of the food will be locally grown and you will see farmers with woven baskets.I recomend buying things that are expensive back home.Fruits etc.

What to buy: Buy some local things like cheeses and honey,olives,dred peppers and tomatoes and hams.When you want to buy some cheese you can taste it before buying it.There are also second hand markets which are popular on the Costas.Do buy fresh fish from local fresh fish market normally held once a week on docks or local square.Spain has great tasty local fish.Denia has fresh fish sold every day at the harbour.Well worth going to see it.

Wine shop: Bodegas

Me enjoying local wine.

Most villages will have a bodega producing local wines of the area for local people to drink.It is sometimes very strong but always great value.Malaga has sweet wine and British people love it.Cadiz makes great Sherry and good red and white wines come from Rioja and Penedes.Wine and other alcoholic drinks are great value in Spain and more than half of that of England.

What to buy: Just go in and try the wines and enjoy.

What to pay: Most villages and Towns

shops around Denia.: Try to get discount when bulk buying

Bedroom furniture.

I bought the bed and headboard from a shop along the Ondara El Vergel road and shop is about half a mile from El Vergel.The bed cost £40 and mattress cost £60 and the headboard cost £25.You can see in the pic the two bedside cabinets i bought from Rustiko too.The lantern cost £4 from Casa.The bedside light cost £19 from Rustiko.

What to buy: When you buy several items at once ask for a discount or an item thrown in .It worked with me and i got a table lamp free worth £25,, a free candle holder worth £5, 5% off another bill and 10% another.Its worth asking as if you dont ask u will not get.

What to pay: Another great place to shop is Gata De Gorges for whicker furniture and ethnic style furniture.Gata De Gorges is famous for all its whicker shops and its worth while going.

• Business Travel

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo

Shop above Casa: Lighting.

Ceiling fan i bought.

The light shop above Casa looked very expensive but when I went to have a look I found it was ok.I wanted a ceiling fan and saw a huge selection at this shop.They had wooden ones,silver, gold,plastic etc.I saw a nice silver one for £30 and I decided to buy two as they were so nice looking and a great price too.

What to buy: The selection of lighting is huge and there is a range for every budget.Wall lights, ceiling fans, ceiling lights, table lambs, standard lamps etc.

What to pay: I payed £30 for my ceiling fan.They also sell bulbs and plugs.

• Business Travel

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo

Casa: Garden and Kitchen.

by rachel_sun Written Apr 21, 2004

Beautiful table i bought.

Casa is a shop the other side of the road leading into Denia.It sells glasses,kitchenware,candles,towels,cutlery,jacuzzies,garden furniture,bbq's,lanterns etc.It is a great priced bargain type shop.I bought all my glassware and cutlery here and a beautiful table

What to buy: I got a pack of four wine glasses for £3 and a beautiful tiled table for £100 and a 20 piece cutlery set for £8.I also bought a whicker bin for £4 and a huge pack of tealights for £1 and two lanterns for £4 each.I bought 3 more packs of glasses for long drinks for £4 each.This shop has a huge selection of kitchenware at great prices.

Instant Answers: Denia

Comments

Denia Shopping

Reviews and photos of Denia shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Denia sightseeing.