Denia Sports & Outdoors

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo

Kite Surfing.

by rachel_sun Written Jan 7, 2005
    South Denia beach

On our last visit to Denia(Jan 2005) we saw people kite surfing on Denia's North beaches.The North beaches are sandy and wide.Looks like Kite Surfing has really taken off as most days we saw the kites in the air and sea.You could see the kites out to sea and the people doing huge jumps and fancy moves when a big wave appeared.So if you are into surfing or kite surfing goto North Denia beaches as this place looks good as it always gets the wind and is safe and sandy.

• Surfing
    • Water Sports
    • Windsurfing

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo

Diving, Jeeps and Kayaks

by rachel_sun Written Apr 21, 2004

Plenty of water sports available

Denia has great water sports and things to do.One company does diving.There web site is www.buceobnl.com
    There tel num is 609 03 91 73.There address is Denia Diving bnl......Ctra.Denia-Javea,20 Urb.Mare Nostrum 03700 Denia Alicante.
    Another good trip to to go on a jeep safari so you get to see the area.You can have a full day of action and adventure exploring the real Spain.You will go through the countryside of Costa Blanca, valleys, mountains and white washed villages etc.You can either drive yourself or be driven.This compant is based in Benidorm.tel- 966 807 1245.

And a good one in Denia I've seen and read about is the following.Fun & Quads.You can rent a quad bike or Kayak and explore the area around Denia.You can go between one hour to as long as two days.Guided excursions on Quads.With Kayaks you can also snorkel.

• Rafting
    • Water Sports
    • Motorcycle

• Sam_Hall's Profile Photo

The Dying Seal

by Sam_Hall Updated Mar 13, 2003

Now before i get loads of disgusted comments, i would like to point out that my heading has nothing to do with animal cruelty .

I had always fancied going scuba diving but had never had the opportunity to do so until i went to Denia last October. I got a bit excited and we went and hired gear and set off for Les Rotes.We got there and sat at a bar a stones throw from where i was going to loose my scuba diving cherry. I was told all the important things i needed to know ie. how to check my oxygen level, what to do if i was starting to run out, how to clear my mask etc. Then we had the pratical, how to set up all this kit.

It came to the crunch and we went off to get ready, all my fears disappeared when confronted with how to put on a wetsuit. This wouldnt have been so bad had the woman in the shop given me the correct size wetsuit, instead i had one a couple of sizes too small (which i sure was meant to be very flattering) Trust me when you have friction burns on your fingers that are weeping and salt water in them, you will wish she was just honest!!

So, im all kitted up, ive managed to get myself and all my gear down the slippery rock surface and im ready to rock and roll. The truth is im sweating, aching and thinking i would much rather be in the bar now.

So ive jumped in, splashed about a bit, ot over the fear that im going to down and im about to try and swim under water.

(WE ARE GETTING TO THE MORAL OF THE TITLE NOW)

Everytime i tried to move off, as my tank was semi underwater, it was extremely heavy and i would roll to one side. With this my arms and legs would just start to flail uncontrolably, and i was convinced i was going to drown in water i could stand up in.

The moral of the story is, if you have the grit and determination to keep trying when you fail or when every part of you aches then you should really try this. Its a completely different world and really worthwhile. You will get out of the water completely exhausted, but the word you will use for the whole of that night will be WOW!

Equipment: Odviously you need full diving kit, which is normally hired altogether as standard. One thing i would recommend though would be a pair of diving gloves. These do not come as standard but you will curse the moment you turned them down when you put you bare hand on some nasty little beasty or on that sharp rock face.

Another good idea it to but a disposable underwater camera. They work up to a certain depth, but if you just want a pic of you plating with the fish to show your mates this is more than adequate.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Denia

Comments

Denia Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Denia sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Denia sightseeing.