Elche Restaurants

by mrsasc

Most Recent Restaurants in Elche

• Red Sea Cafe: Exceptional food and service

by mrsasc Updated Apr 12, 2011

Don't be fooled by the name, it's far more than a cafe!

A hidden gem! An English speaking family run tapas restaurant with a wide variety on the menu. The food is freshly prepared while you soak up the Mediterranean atmosphere.

I have food allergies, not intolerances, the full blown carry an epipen situation. Finding restaurants who can accommodate my diet is near impossible in the UK, and whilst it is certainly easier to eat in Spain and we ate in a number of great restaurants, this restaurant would be hard to beat.

They adapted their menu and added extra dishes just for me. With a little forwarning they can cater for anyones needs and tastes.

We didn't get the chance to go back more than once as it was a quick trip, but I noticed they have events through the week like Ladies Night, Quiz Nights etc for those staying longer.

Favorite Dish: I had a curry to die for! The depth of flavour was amazing. The home made chutney & pickles were fantastic as were the chick peas. I can't distinguish between any of the dishes I had - they were all too good. Unfortunately I had to pass on the sorbet and strawberries - I'd gorged myself too much on the tapas!

• Nou Sepia: Food the locals enjoy!

by mrsasc Updated Apr 12, 2011

A family run traditional tapas restaurant with a wide variety on the menu; from the traditional to the out of the ordinary!

The food is freshly prepared while you soak up the Mediterranean atmosphere. The upper and lower restaurants are full of charm. The walls are adorned with paintings, photographs and ornaments.

The owner, also the chef, takes great pride in his culinary presentations. Supported by his wife and two sons, they are courteous, attentive and friendly.

I have food allergies, not intolerances, the full blown carry an epipen situation. Finding restaurants who can accommodate my diet is near impossible in the UK, and whilst it is certainly easier to eat in Spain and we ate in a number of great restaurants, this restaurant in my book cannot be beaten.

Favorite Dish: Impossible - they were all absolutely delicious, even the calf brains!

• JonSnow's Profile Photo

La Tartana: Ei, don't miss this paella !!

by JonSnow Updated Jan 5, 2007

This cozy restaurant, situated very close to all the typical tourist places, offers very good dishes at a cheap-moderate price. The restaurant was built on the frame of an old house, and is distributed according to the original rooms. It also maintains many of the original decoration. There are small rooms where there are only one or two tables, and it is usual to eat alone, in a very relaxed ambient.
    The quality of the food is above average, and they excel in the preparation of different types of paellas. They have also a good wine chart. And about the price, a meal, including wine, can cost around 15-20 euros per person.

Favorite Dish: For me, without doubt, my favourite dish in this restaurant is arroz a banda. It's kind of paella, made with fish and served with squid. The taste can be tremendoulsy intense.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Elche

Comments

Elche Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Elche restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Elche sightseeing.