Valencia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Valencia

• virtualtanielle's Profile Photo

La Pepica: Yum Paella

by virtualtanielle Written Sep 28, 2013

If its good enough for Ernest Hemmingway, it's good enough for me!
    Really enjoyed the paella here, although service is a little slow and generally quite relaxed. The decor is a bit dated but that adds to the overall charm. Great place for a nice dinner with your other half. They also packed what we could not finish and let us take it away in a doggy bag.

Favorite Dish: The fish paella, consistency and creaminess was just right. Avoid the croquets though.

• Restaurante Gandhi Hindú Pizzería: Terrible Indian Food! Please avoid

by djferros Written Sep 22, 2013

First off, I'm Indian and I don't want Spanish people to think that Indian food is like this. Where to start? Somosas - old old old, so old they must have been reheated at least 10 times. Only ate half and left the rest. Naan was damp and flat and cut in pieces. What's that about? I'll cut my own food thanks! Also, didn't receive free bottle as they claim you would if you order a lot. Curry was OK and so was paneer. Nothing hot or spicy, but I guess they're catering for Spanish people there so to be expected really.

All in all, I would miss this one out if your looking for good Indian food. Wasn't too cheap either which added insult to injury.

Favorite Dish: Paneer, was normal, nothing special but not bad either.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

La Taberna de la Reina.: A tapas bar.

by Maurizioago Updated Sep 1, 2013

La Taberna de la Reina is a good place to have some tapas in the city center. They have a large array of tapas into a closed transparent box. The tapas they had when I was there are called "pinchos". They are made with a small slice of bread with a topping. You can choose a fried or not fried topping. You have to help yourself your pinchos. You must keep the skewers that keep the bread and topping together. The waiter will count them to do your bill.

This restaurant has a also a menu with a good choice of meat and fish dishes.

Favorite Dish: I tried several tapas and I liked them all. My favourite were with salmon topping. I liked those with tortilla de patatas (potatoes and eggs gateau) as well.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Horchateria Daniel.: If not for horchata; go there for the cakes!

by Maurizioago Updated Aug 28, 2013

Horchateria Daniel is said to be one of the best places to have an horchata. This is a white drink made from chufa; a kind of root. It is served liquid or grounded and iced (granizada).

At Daniel's you can have every beverages you can have in a ordinary cafe; ice creams and very good cakes. They have ten kinds of these or maybe more.

This cafe has two large rooms and two terraces. One outside and another on the roof.

Favorite Dish: I had at least eight kinds of cakes there. I liked almost every one and I haven't a favourite one.

• chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Huerta Santa Catalina: Tapas, pinchos and much much more.

by chrisdScotland Written Mar 24, 2013

Whether choosing from the abundant pincos on display or from a menu of traditional Valencian dishes attentive, friendly staff made sure that no one was kept waiting for their orders. Fresh market produce combined with quality meat and fish ensured we enjoyed each and every dish. Located in the heart of Valencia's old city, next to the bustling Plaza de la Reina, contributed to the positive vibe of Huerta Santa Catlina.

Favorite Dish: Fried Valencian Orange Pudding.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Café de las Horas: Quiet and Charming place in a busy city

by nhcram Updated Jul 2, 2012

Bar with Fazia in the corner

We don't normally go to places that are reviewed in airline magazines but glad we did this time. There are chairs and tables outside but the inside is to be seen as it is tastefully decorated in a Baroque style and it is very serene. We met the owner Mark on one visit and he is a very charming young man who is enthusiastic to please.
    Half price drinks on a Thursday evening from 4pm called us back again........
    They also have language exchange meets on a Monday evening so if you want to practice your Spanish or French even you can go along and meet like minded people. While on one of these evenings I met Fazia who helped me with my Spanish......THANK YOU.

Favorite Dish: The Agua de Valencia is an absolute "must" Made from Fresh orange juice and Cava with other added spirits (I think it depends who is making it as to what goes in it) Very refreshing but can be very strong stuff.

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Santana: Perfect Tapas for a VT meeting

by nhcram Updated Jun 24, 2012

VT member Mahesh and his wife Neelam

We came here as the guests of VT member Mahesh and his wife Neelam. Mahesh is obviously known here and we were made to feel very welcome indeed. We left the choosing of the food to Mahesh and were certainly not disappointed with the food, the restaurant or the wine chosen by Mahesh himself.
    The restaurant when we arrived was very busy but we were lucky enough to secure the last table.
    Although very busy the waiters were extremely efficient and speedy.
    Not a tourist in sight either!
    The tapas were excellent and freshly made.
    I would certainly come here again!! (Mahesh, please be my guest next time!)
    We returned here again in 2012 and again it was excellent. Very friendly service and the place had not changed at all.

Favorite Dish: The tapas consisited of Ensaladilla, Patatas bravas, Sepia, Gambas, Serano ham and more!

• adema29's Profile Photo

Taberna Alkazar: Taberna Alkazar-Once was enough for me :)

by adema29 Updated May 10, 2012
    20-30 euros at the Taberna Alkazar

Actually I consider that, if you haven’t been there yet, don’t go. Is nothing to regret.

We took fish as a main menu and they have brought before a huge plate (for only me, my wife and our 6 years old son) with bruschetta’s with tomatoes and a bowl with salad.
    As they brought it without asking us, we have been sure that is something “from the house” and we were amused by their kindness.
    It was our mistake that we didn’t ask but…
    More than this, prices do not include VAT! VAT will be added separately on your bill!
    After all the enjoyment, we have had to pay more than 100 Euros for three portions of fish (small and good if I remember well) and three bottles of water +++++ those plateaus.

I don’t like when somebody is just stealing my money in that way. So, if you’ll accept my advice, don’t go there.
    You can find a lot of other nice places to go in Valencia. The nearest one is just 10 meters away: Civera Marisquerias.
    There is another one,Palacio de la Bellota, but we haven’t tried that one ...

Favorite Dish: Sorry.... I have nothing to recommend here.

• Balansyia: Eat food using 13th century Arabic recipes

by Ed53 Written Mar 5, 2012

Balansyia restaurant entrance

The Balansyia serves the Arabic cuisine of XIII century Valencia. The restaurant has a very cozy middle eastern atmosphere. The waiter was very friendly and suggested that we order the tasting menu that had 11 dishes. He left the menu with us so we could keep track of which course we were eating.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the tasting menu with 11 courses. With the help of the menu we tried to keep track of what we were eating. Everything was delicious.

• adema29's Profile Photo

Civera Marisquerias: Good but expensive :)

by adema29 Updated Feb 24, 2012
    Civera Marisquerias-Vitrine

First of all I have to mention that it will not be easy to find any Menu in English.
    So, it is first time when I regret that I haven't brought with me a dictionary :)

What I can say is that all our senses accepted, after the meal, that it was OK.
    Probably the restaurant was a bit too quiet, but it was late and we were really tired after a long drive from Barcelona.
    Very kind waiters and a pleasant atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: We have chosen something with fish, but I don't remember precisely what, after so much time.
    Something with fish most probably.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Cafe Bertal: Pasta, pizza and more.

by Maurizioago Updated Nov 15, 2011

Cafe Bertal is a chain of cafe-restaurants. They serve sandwiches, pasta (noodles) and pizza.

Their pizza is not large, but filling and soft.

This restaurants has a large dining room and a terrace on Plaza de la Reina.

Favorite Dish: I liked their pizza Marinara. This is a pizza with seafood.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Cafeteria Bombay: Delicious Boccadilloes

by suvanki Updated Nov 14, 2011

Cafeteria Bombay Valencia

The morning after the night before!! We were in need of some coffee and food.

This place looked inviting - it was open, so the 8 of us trooped in. From the outside it looked quite small, but it was a bit of a tardis! Downstairs was quite spacious, with a central bar and plenty of tables and chairs.

As usual we were a bit stumped with the menu, but managed to decipher enough to chose bocadilloes(sandwiches) which we thought held bacon, egg, and cheese, plus a mystery item -which we later found out was pork loin.

We also ordered teas, coffees and orange juice.

When the boccadilloes arrived, we were pleased to see that we had ordered what we thought we had, and as a bonus, they were delicious!!! Hot and filling.

All that tea, coffee and orange juice meant a trip to the toilet- The toilet was clean, and had a large brass washbasin - the only thing that I remember being remotely Bombay like - The name of the cafe had me expecting an Indian decor.

(The formica covered tables reminded me a bit of cafes at home during my childhood/ teens, especially as smoking was allowed here - with the smell of fried food and cigarette smoke, I was transported back in time, to UK 1960's, for a while - Well I did say the place was tardis like!!)

Back to the toilet - the light is on a time switch - so don't hang around too long!

I'm not sure of the address, but I know it opened onto a pedestrianised shopping area

Google came up with 2 options One on C/Pintor Sorolla and the other on C/Perez Bayer -I'm guessing its the first - if anyone knows different please let me know.

UPDATE - November 2011 - Thanks to Maurizioago - Cafeteria Bombay is not far from Colon metro station

Favorite Dish: The bacon and egg boccadillos - Mmmm - a great hangover cure!

The coffee was good too, as was the orange juice!

Dehesa Santa Maria: 4 tapas + a glass of wine

by tzuki Updated Oct 20, 2011
    The offer ad

Dehesa Santa Maria is a franchising chain of pubs, as I saw several around Valencia and there are more around Spain.
    The restaurants are nice and well located and they offer a great variety of Iberian tapas as well as salads, meats and other dishes.

Favorite Dish: We stopped as we saw an offer of 4 tapas & a glass of wine for 5 €
    Nice ham, cheese and meats.

Although I don´t know if you order other dishes as a restaurant, how much it can cost.

• Seniors
    • Festivals
    • Business Travel

Café Lisboa: Great location

by tzuki Written Oct 20, 2011

A view from the terrace-square

Café Lisboa is situated in a great location, just in Doctor Cortezo Square, a tiny square in the neighborhood of El Carme - Colón. The pub has a distinguish terrace near to an Olive Tree which in summer is really nice to stop and have a coffee, aperitif, or at night, some spirits.

Favorite Dish: We had some tapas such as:
    - Patatas bravas (spicy potatoes)
    - Mix salad with fruits

• Study Abroad

Gran Muralla: Very trendy Chinese Restaurant

by tzuki Written Oct 20, 2011

Image form web - Facade

This is our favorite Chinese Restaurant in town, because the food is really nice and they have a big selection of dishes and nice suggestions, plus the ambiance is modern, trendy and away from other typical Chinese restaurants.

The service is always very good and fast, and the manager is a wise Chinese woman, who knows how to treat their clients in many ways. As we go there often, we are already part of the Chinese family and she is always very kind to kids and happy to suggest new dishes.

It can be more expensive than average, however, the food and the ambience is excellent!

Favorite Dish: STARTES:
    Dim sum
    Mix tempura
    Wan tun fried

MAINS:
    Pekin duck rolls
    Xinu Lubina
    Bogavante con ginger and spring onion
    Chicken chen

Ice-cream with macadamia nuts
    Ice-cream in tempura
    all teas :-)

Instant Answers: Valencia

Comments

Valencia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Valencia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Valencia sightseeing.