Friends, Madrid

Know about this? Rate It!

• Friends (Paraguay, Brasil) w/ me and my girlfriend
    Friends (Paraguay, Brasil) w/ me and my...
    by shonzilla
    by ezaguryk
    Vt meeetings
    by Carmela71
  • shonzilla's Profile Photo

Get prepared for sightseeing and enjoy

by shonzilla Written Jul 10, 2006
    Friends (Paraguay, Brasil) w/ me and my girlfriend

Favorite thing: I want repeat many useful tips you may find all over the Internet about Madrid and things too see there. After all, what you're looking for may not coincede with what I saw/liked, so I suggest searching for you favourite vacation themes.

One thing is certain, there are people from all over the world you may meet in Madrid, and I highly recommend meeting some. Just relax, be open, and enjoy the worldwide spirit.

• ezaguryk's Profile Photo

Spending time with your Friends

by ezaguryk Written Oct 31, 2004

Friends

Favorite thing: Madrid it ia great city were you can share and spend with you friends

Here is my best friend Charlie and me sharing a good glass of wine at a bar

Salud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fondest memory: Going to bar to bar with my friends

• Lalique's Profile Photo

by Lalique Updated Feb 10, 2004

Favorite thing: Finally it happened! After all promises given in vain I did it, I came to Spain and got in real touch with VT celeb Joaquin (SirRichard) and my already good friend Pilar (pginer).
    We had lunch (for me it was breakfast) at VIPS near Prado, which I had visited just before after almost sleepless night, still had that weird look on my face :)). However it wasn't the 1st time of meeting these two: Joaquin had welcomed us the night before and Pilar I had met a few days ago in Valencia

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Olga & Miguel (Ercavica & Zaino)

by Carmela71 Updated Jan 13, 2004

Favorite thing: One of the main reasons to go to Madrid: My dear friend Olga and her boyfriend Miguel, they have enjoyed a few vt meetings and meet a few vt people before joining here.... but I got it at the end!!! they are vt members!!! and only took me two years to convince them lol

Obviously since the day that we did their pages lol they have enter only twice... but i will get them into here.. slowly ..... but i will!!!

vt meeting 28th December 2002

Vt meeetings

Favorite thing: My second vt meeting in Madrid. It was a busy weekend with people joining in diferent hours and days... and very successful!!

Here we are part of the group at the Reina Sofia Museum

Joaquin (SirRichard), Beth (TXGal), Alfredo (AGarcia), Eva (Zumodemango), Suzanne (Suzanne_M), Carmen (Carmela71), Amelia (Amelia40), José (jlvillalba), Stace (Beach_dog) and Surendar (Suru).

VT meeting 13rd April 2002

by Carmela71 Updated Jan 13, 2004

Favorite thing: Here we are the whole group at Son Pub.

Members:

SuzanneM (Zuzu), Trindade (Karina), MITNIC (Nikolas) & Maria (his daughter), SirRichard (Joaquin), Nomada (Cuqui), Jordihno (Jordi), ZumodeMango (Eva) and me Carmela71 (Carmen)

• Gaby_G's Profile Photo

Making friends

by Gaby_G Written Oct 23, 2003

La tropa

Favorite thing: The beauty about getting to know local people is that you can do less turistic stuff and watch the customs of the country... We have make friends, and they invited us to a "Barbacoa"... We had a great time and free food!!!! ;)

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Meeting with friends part 2

by b1bob Written Feb 1, 2003

Lucas, me, Phil, and Eileen

Fondest memory: As I alluded to in the long intro, I met a guy named Lucas Lega queuing up to FINALLY board TWA 904 bound for Madrid. He was an exchange student in Annapolis, Maryland returning to Madrid. We talked most of the way across the big pond and we planned on meeting some time during my stay in Madrid. Sure enough, about two weeks after I got there, he came to Cisneros Hall, took me to lunch and I introduced him to my friends Phil and Eileen.

I had met Phil soon after returning from my weekend in Lisbon. He was studying philosophy in Madrid, yet he didn't know much Spanish. On talking to him for awhile, we discovered we had a great deal in common in terms of philosophy. He is very conservative like I am, but is more libertine in terms of social issues. On that trip, he fell in love with a young lady in my group from George Mason University named Eileen (I forget her last name). Except when I went away for the weekend, Phil, Eileen and I took most of our meals together. Sometimes, Phil and I would go out ourselves. One night we went to the amusement park to the south side of town.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Meeting with friends part 1

by b1bob Written Feb 1, 2003

Elsa, Sergio, b1bob (Cisneros lounge)

Fondest memory: It is so easy to make friends in Madrid. In this case, I was meeting up with someone I already knew. Sergio Laita was our exchange student my senior year at Lee-Davis High School. I hadn't seen him in 3 years when I came to Madrid in 1990. I rung him a week after I got there (the first week, I was catching up from my late arrival or I was in the Lisbon area the previous weekend.) I told Sergio to guess where I was calling him from. He guessed, "Mechanicsville." I told him he wasn't even close, I was talking to him from beautiful downtown Madrid near the Argüelles metro stop. That evening, Sergio, his girlfriend Elsa, and I went to the Royal palace. My photos taken there didn't turn out that well because we went there when the sun was fixing to set.

Instant Answers: Madrid