Clubs, Madrid

Know about this? Rate It!

La Via Lactea, Madrid
  • joel_europa's Profile Photo

Clubs: Clubbing to House Music/ Bailar a House en Madrid

by joel_europa Written May 27, 2005

English:
    I enjoyed the clubs in Madrid, especially Sala Divino. I danced to some local Djs that were spinning some great “House music.” It was deep, with hints of soul coming through the speakers. I was as if James Brown or Nina Simone were behind the speakers waiting for the queuesto perform every now and then. I enjoyed dancing into the early morning, and I know I will go out clubbing again when I return to Madrid.

Spanish:
    Me encanto los clubes en Madrid, especialmente Sala Divino. Bailé a algúnos Djs que estaban tocando "música de House." Era profunda, con las indirectas del alma viniendo a través de los altavoces. Era como si el James Brown o Nina Simone de estuviera detrás de los altavoces y esperaban el queuesto para cantar. Me guste bailando hasta la mañana temprana, y sé que voy a salir para los clubes otra vez cuando vuelvo a Madrid.

Dress Code: Your dancing shoes.

• School Holidays

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Clubs: Night time Extravaganza at Joy Nightclub

by jwilliams2005 Written Mar 11, 2005

This is without a doubt Madrid's most famous nightclub and it attracts the rich and famous from all over the world as well as a faithful local crowd. It changed its name from Joy Eslava after a fire and consequent renovation work in 1998, but most people still call it by its original name, and the decor and atmosphere remain the same as ever. However, the prices have gone up. The building was originally a theatre and dates from the 1870s. They have several rooms with different tases and flavors, Regge, traditional, R&B, latin, spanish, etc. You will never foget the experience.

Open Hours: 11:30pm-5:30am Mon-Thu; 11:30pm-6am Fri-Sat

Dress Code: No jeans, no sneakers

• Music

• Ciaran27's Profile Photo

Teatro Kapital: 7 floors of fun

by Ciaran27 Written Feb 1, 2005

This place has everything - 7 floors of everything from a cinema, dance floors, quiet bars and best of all Karaoke!!

It's 20 euro in and you get a free drink.

Not too sure what time the place opens but it does close at 8am!!

Dress Code: Quite a trendy place, so I think there would be no tracksuits of trainers allowed!

• Redliner's Profile Photo

Kapital: The Kapital of nightclubs in the Capital of Spain

by Redliner Written Sep 3, 2004

Gorgeous people dancing the night away at Kapital!

Kapital nightclub on Calle Atocha is probably the largest nightclub in Madrid. As a matter of fact, it's one of the largest clubs I've been to period. There's about 7 levels and a huge dance floor below. There's a variety of DJ's spinning various club music genres.

The cover charge includes one drink. You have to purchase tickets to buy drinks there, which is annoying. The people watching is good and there's plenty of intimate areas to sit back and watch if you're not participating on the dance floor.

Dress Code: No sneakers and you must wear pants...No shorts.

• agarcia's Profile Photo

Olivera: Red sofas and the eyes of his mother

by agarcia Updated May 4, 2004

Yes, THOSE eyes

Intriguing title, isn't it? The funny thing is that I could not summarize better the decoration of Oliveira, a fashionable cafe in the Chueca neighbourhood that zumodemango suggested us during the past VT meeting. The red sofas part is easy to explain, as the bar offers some quite comfortable and cosy sofas. The eyes of her mother... well that could be explained by saying that the owner decided to decorate the place with pictures of his own mother. Quite an occurrence, if you ask me.

Dress Code: Dress code is quite open, as it usually happens with the bars I like to go.

• Beer Tasting

• cheapskate's Profile Photo

La Solera: Great Music!

by cheapskate Written Jan 18, 2004

I am not sure if locals like this place.. but it was the first pub that we got into or rather manage to get into coz it was a public holiday but the music was really great.. Friendly crowd as well.

Dress Code: Smart casual

• School Holidays

• Lorro's Profile Photo

Sala SOL: Cool funky

by Lorro Written Dec 7, 2003

Sala Sol is a cool dance club that caters mostly to a 20s-30s crowd, more alternative than posh but for everyone. I really like the music there. I would describe it as hip 70s/funk/bossanova groove. It gets really crowded but if you go early (2.15am) you have more space to dance till it gets packed. Closes around 6am.
    Its one of my favorite places to go because the music is great, its not so posh and everyone just has a great time.
    There is a dj on fri and Sat nights during the week there are concerts of various styles.

Dress Code: No special dress code that I know of, you can get in with sneakers.

• Singles

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Clubs: Why Not?

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 11, 2003

Me drinking? unbeliveble ;-)

In the last meting of September 2003, we finised here.

A nice underground place with gay atmosphere, good music .... We had a great time.

You are not allowed to do photos here, but we managed to do a few without flash

• agarcia's Profile Photo

Le Cock: Up for an early cocktail?

by agarcia Updated Oct 15, 2003

Le Cock

Le Cock is a nice place to start a good decent party night in Madrid. They have everything you can dream about: a selection of well mixed cocktails that would rise your alcohol levels in blood to acceptable limits, an interesting atmosphere created on the base of high ceilings and plenty of cigarettes smoke, waiters that will treat you as if you were a piece of dog *** placed under their shoes, unreasonable high prices, a noise level that would make it impossible to maintain a conversation below the shouting level... errr, I guess the only reason I have for recommend the place is because of its cocktails: they really deserve the rest of the inconvenients ;-)

Dress Code: ...

• Chus69's Profile Photo

Rock Clubs: VÍA LACTEA & NUEVA VISIÓN

by Chus69 Written Sep 10, 2003

Map of Tribunal

These are the best places where you can listen good music and enjoy it with your drinks.
    I include a map for arriving them without problems. I expect it help you during your visit to Madrid.

Dress Code: Casual Dresses

Café del Mono: "Clandestine" drinks

by agarcia Updated Jul 30, 2003

Bar Entrance

I know, I know, the entrance of the bar is not exactly appealing. The external aspect of this small and cozy bar is so... unusual, that it's a very common thing to miss it while looking for a late drink in the Latina neighborhood. But once you pass the doorman that looked twice to the street before allowing you in, you'll find the real place. Excellent music and great ambience!

Ups, I almost forget to mention that they serve the BEST gin & tonics of the city ;-)

Capote: The best "afterhours" music

by agarcia Updated Jun 30, 2003

Capote, Truman

This tip is for night creatures, that will not even glimpse the Spanish intense sun during their visit to Madrid (trust me, there are lot of people like that visiting us) ;-) If you're in the mood for dancing until the sun is high in the sky, Capote is your place. The DJ that they have during the Saturday nights has simply become my musical guru. He always surprise with new and diverse rhythms (Latin, Brazilian or just plan and simple techno). Just one advice: Avoid the drinks there. They have the horrible custom of mixing your spirits with rat poison... just kidding, but they certainly wont serve you scotch whiskey when you ask for one. That's what we call "garrafón".

By the way, the name of the bar has nothing to do with bullfighting. It's just a homage to Truman Capote.

Freeway bar: Freeway

by agarcia Updated Jun 30, 2003

I'm here for the beer :-p

I'm afraid I could not be objective at all about this bar; I love the place, the owners are good friends of mine, the DJ always seems to know what music is the more suited to my mood and I know many of the local crowd.

• Beer Tasting

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Clubs: Delic Bar

by SirRichard Updated May 24, 2003

The entrance

Delic is a nice trendy club in Plaza de la Paja, near the Segovia street, just 10 minutes walking from Plaza Mayor.
    It is decorated in red with some arabic/moroccan stuff. Nice place for a frist drink.
    In summer they have a nice terrace in Plaza de la Paja.

• tripstop's Profile Photo

Old World Trend: Bar Cock

by tripstop Updated Jan 13, 2003

This visually impressive bar is a good spot to take some friends once or twice. It's pricey, but you have to pay for fashion. However, repeated visits will soon reveal the arrogance of the waiters, which is pretty much Parisian level with the exception that this is Madrid. Chicos, esto es MADRID! Bajaros de la nubes! Get down from the clouds chaps! I say this because they forbade me to take photos without flash. I mean, one or two! I admit that the waiter who told me to do so was decidely unbusy. "We must keep our clients in check!" he seemed to say. This bar would fit better in the Salamanca district, not here, just close to Chueca. I suppose I had one visit too many there. %f

Dress Code: trendy and classy.

Instant Answers: Madrid