Restaurants and drinks, Madrid

Know about this? Rate It!

Many wines tasted at 100 Wines1
    by alfredop
  • alcalacurro's Profile Photo

Ritz

by alcalacurro Updated Sep 15, 2005

The Ritz is one of the most elegant, aristocrat, and best gastronomic hotel in Madrid or in all Spain. Is situated in the Paseo del Prado in front of the Prado´s museum and near Cibeles´ fountain. If you want to eat there you have to be full dressed but since few years, directors have wanted the Ritz can be more reasonable and approchable for more people.
    In my family, one time in the the year, always is Christmas (cause the decoration), we go to have chocolate or coffee to one of the best hotels in Madrid that´s why five or six years ago I had been there.
    But last week my chamber group an me besides all our families and some of our best friends were there cause there was a charitable act. Protagonists were children in Honduras who don´t have enough to eat, to be educated and finally to live. The act started with the Pachelbel´s canon which was played by us besides other Beethoven and Haydn compositions which were played during the night, always by my chamber music group.
    Furthermore, there were a choir and some words written by the directors and an old and lovely woman writer pleasantness with some appetizers.
    All night was really wonderful.

My chamber music group
    • Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• Lauritalamadrilena's Profile Photo

Hawaiian Bar

by Lauritalamadrilena Written Jul 27, 2005

Go to the Hawaiian Bar in Plaza Santa Ana (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of it). They give you a Hawaiian lay, a flower, and one of those little umbrellas for your drinks. The drinks are like smoking volcanos and coconuts and scorpions and come with like 3 foot long straws. It's a lot of fun.

• alfredop's Profile Photo

Real Madrid's potato chips!

by alfredop Written Jan 13, 2003

If you're one of those weird Real Madrid fans and collect everything related to them... don't forget to buy a bag of potato chips with their brand on the bag!

These can only be found at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.

• sleepingwolf's Profile Photo

Cosy Wine Bar with Gourmet Appetizers!

by sleepingwolf Written Feb 25, 2003

Although Taberna de Cien Vinos was mentioned in my Fodor's guide, it was not marked on the map and I feel few would venture to find it at night. We found it first on a Monday night and it was closed, however we were so intrigued we swore to return the following night to sample the offering and were not disapointed. The tavern of 100 wines is a small one room wine shop wine the wine selection of kings and politocs and tastey treats of efficinadoes.
    We whiled away 3 hours enjoying romantic mood of the mostly local haunt.
    To die for was the lamb ravoli, seated on a platform of fried wonton paper and a bead of letuce. I beleive my eyes rolled into my head with a taste of this excellent creation. We also tries and enjoyed thinly sliced cured beef with an oil dressing - a very rich treat which reminded me of the beef tartar served before the meal at some French restaurants.

Many wines tasted at 100 Wines1