With kids, Madrid
This theme park is located not far from the center, in the Casa de Campo.
It is not fantastic, but has enough rides to keep U (and your kids!!!) busy for the whole day.
There are different tickets, from "just visiting" (5 euros) to "free rides in everything" (20 euros).
You can get here by metro (Batan, line 10).
If you come in summer, a nice swimmig pool or a water park might be very useful. Here are some:
Aquópolis. Avda de la Dehesa, Villanueva de la Cañada (91 815 69 11). Bus 627 from Moncloa to Villanueva de la Cañada; also free buses from Cuesta de San Vicente (Metro Plaza de España) & Estación Sur (Metro Méndez Alvaro)/By car Carretera de La Coruña N-VI, Las Rozas-El Escorial exit. Open June-Sept noon-9pm daily. Probably the biggest water park in Europe. More info.
AquaMadrid. Carretera de Barcelona (N-II), km 15.5, San Fernando de Henares (91 673 10 13). Bus 281, 282, 284, 285 from Avda de América/by train Cercanías C-1, C-2, C-7a from Atocha to San Fernando. Open June-Sept noon-8pm Mon-Fri; 11am-8pm Sat, Sun, public holidays. A smaller park, but stiil loads of fun. Closer than Aquopolis.
Aquasur. Carretera de Andalucía (N-IV) km 44, Aranjuez (91 891 60 34). Bus 423, 423a from Estación Sur (Metro Méndez Alvaro) to Aranjuez/by train Cercanías C-3 from Atocha to Aranjuez. Open June-Sept 10.30am-9pm daily. This park is located in a huge Mall in the south of Madrid.
Here are some useful tips if you travel with kids and don´t know what to do with them:
- Parque de Atracciones. Casa de Campo (91 463 29 00/91 526 80 30/reservations 902 38 33 33). Metro Batán/bus 33, 65 & special bus from Metro Estrecho, Pacífico & Ventas on Sundays.
- Planeta Welby. Avda de España s/n, Majadahonda (91 634 47 22) Bus 651, 652, 653 from Moncloa to Majadahonda/by car Carretera de la Coruña N-VI. Open 5pm-midnight Mon-Thur; 5pm-1am Fri; noon-1am Sat; noon-midnight Sun, public holidays. Admission 200ptas under-12s; pulsera (ticket for activities plus hot dog) 1,100ptas Mon-Fri; pulsera (ticket for activities only) 1,500ptas Sat, Sun, public holidays. No credit cards.
- Mini golf course, bumper boats, a maze, a roller coaster, roundabouts, bouncy castles, educational farm and son et lumière show.
- Sport Hielo. Estación de Chamartín, C/Agustín de Foxa (91 315 63 08) Metro Chamartín/bus 5, 80. Open 5-9pm Thur; 5.30-10.30pm Fri; 11.30am-2pm, 5.30-10.30pm, Sat, Sun, public holidays. Admission (incl renstal of skates) 1,000ptas Thur; 1,300ptas Fri-Sun; 1,000ptas Sat, Sun morning. No credit cards. Skate on ice near the Chamartin train station.
- Zoo-Aquarium de la Casa de Campo. Casa de Campo (91 512 37 70). The aquarium deserves a special visit. Metro Batán/bus 33, 65; special buses Sun, public holidays from Metros Pacífico, Ventas & Estrecho. Open 10.30am-9pm daily (box office closes at 6pm). Admission 1,590ptas; 1,280ptas under-8s. No credit cards.
Parque de attraciones is an amusement park that is located in the outskirts of Madrid.
It has lot´s of thrill rides aswell as many other things.
Good place to go if you like thrill rides or just like to get away from the hustle and bustle of Madrid to a green place.
If you have kids and a few days in Madrid, you can take them to this huge park where they have many activities. Ideal for bycicles.
To get there, take the Metro towards the airport and stop in the previous stop (Campo de las Naciones)
Located in the parkland of Casa De Campo is Parque De Atracciones - A theme park full of rides for all ages. Recently it has had some investment spent on it, so there are some rides worth going on... 3 water rides, a couple of rollercoasters, in all around 50 attractions.
The owners are Parques Reunidos, who also own several other theme parks, zoo's and water parks across Spain - including parque Warner (see my other review).
The main entrance is on Carretera del Batan, however there is another entrance in the southwest corner of the park and this is only 130 metres from the Batan Metro Station (Line 10)
Entrance for 2008 is
27.50 euros per person ages 7 and above (unlimited attraction access)
18.00 euros per person ages 3 - 6 years (unlimited attraction access)
9.30 euros for park only entrance ( then pay 4 euros per ride option)
Check the opening times prior to your visit as the timetable is limited outside summer months.