Sun Lotion, Madrid

by b1bob
  • chrissyalex's Profile Photo

Packing List

by chrissyalex Updated Aug 25, 2002

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I was told to bring lots of sunscreen I had been checking the weather before I left for my trip and I kept seeing that is was very hot and sunny. Well, when I finally arrived there, there was rain and it was much cooler (about 16C) I was told that this was the first rain that they had had in 2 months! Figures!LOL Well, I was glad I brought an umbrella too! Actually, the rain was not that bad and there was some sun in between.
    Anyways, still bring sunscreen because it is sunny and hot most of the time.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Packing List

by b1bob Updated Aug 25, 2002

suntan oil

Luggage and bags: Unless you're on an extended study abroad programme like I was, pack lightly to save hassle at the airport on the way out and back.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: They say on the weather in Madrid...'Hay nueve meses de invierno y tres de infierno.' (Nine months of winter, three months of hell.) Dress to fit the extreme. When I was there, it was hotter than a $2 pistol.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: The dry heat will deceive you, so if you do a lot of walking in the heat of the day, put on high-numbered sunblock and take bottled water.

Photo Equipment: A 35mm camera with home-bought film will do just fine.

Instant Answers: Madrid

Comments

Other What to Pack in Madrid